Atria Kew Gardens

117-01 84th Avenue, Jamaica, NY, 11418

Reviews of Atria Kew Gardens

foxylady1 May 10, 2014

The staff and residents we spoke with were very friendly.
We had tea in the afternoon which was most lovely. There seemed to be a lot of activity such as movies, bingo, live entertainment, something for everyone. The area is very congested. The facility is surrounded by private homes one on top of the other. The apartments seem to be very adequate but without much closet space. If you have a car it might be difficult to park.

Caring83690550 April 30, 2014

I found Atria Kew Gardens to be very nice. However, they didn't have parking. It was a street parking. The rooms were very nice, but they didn't have one with bathtub that was available. I don't think they had doubles. I had one meal there and the food was good. The facility was close to my cousin. The disadvantage was that they didn't have parking. I found that as a big disadvantage for the family.

Compassionate daughter July 26, 2013

I have a relative in this facility. The staff is extremely caring and place is lovely to look at. However, food and dining services are not what they should be considering how much we pay for this facility. Also if you are not an Orthodox Jew you may feel uncomfortable in this environment. The living room area used to be used for concerts etc. because of comfort and size but now they pack the residents into the small media room area just so the living room remains a showcase. Good marketing with a lack of compassion for the residents.

Donna14 March 21, 2013

I picked Atria Kew Gardens for my father-in-law because it is very clean. He stayed in an apartment complete with bedroom, living room and bathroom. The staff was accommodating in every way. And the food was very tasty and there are a lot of choices.

amalya May 09, 2012

Atria in Kew Gardens is one of the few Glatt Kosher assisted living facilities in NY . It is clean the staff friendly caring but the food is not so great. . The rooms are nice and are kept clean. There are daily activities and trips that are interesting. One of the problems we find is the staff turnover and the medical care. The nurses and medical aides are wonderful but the Doctors and the transferance of information is not great. I have recommended this Atria in the past and I will still do so in the future, but like any place else you must be involved with your loved one care and on top of things.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Atria Kew Gardens. I'm glad that you have enjoyed our staff and services, and we are continually working to improve the dining experiences of our residents. Additionally, we are communicating with our staff on a regular basis to make sure that we are also meeting their needs and also with doctors to improve the exchange of information when applicable. We welcome you to contact at any time to provide further details or to provide suggestions. Just email us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and include the community name in your subject line.

IDATXX007 March 14, 2012

While visiting my nana at the Atria, I was delighted to see that the inside of the building was as immaculate as the outside. The decor alone is gorgeous and always top-notch clean. Upon walking in, there are staff everywhere gently helping the residents. The dining rooms are beautiful too. The entire place went beyond my expectations; it looked and was maintained like a five star resort. I went to my nana's room, and that too was lovely. The staff cleans her sheets once a week and makes her bed everyday for her. She gets physical therapy there as well. Additionally, she has told me that the other residents are wonderful. She has been able to get along great with the staff and make friends with the other residents. They provide her room with a large fridge, microwave and cleanliness. There are scheduled event flyers in each elevator, reminding and keeping the residents involved and happy. Truly, each person in there looked content.

Frezly December 08, 2011

Atria's facilities are quite nice and were much better than I expected. Everything was neat and clean and very modern. It didn't look like it was from the 1970s! The staff was excellent and very accommodating, they answered all of my questions and were able to provide a detailed tour of everything that offered including patients very own rooms, cafeteria, arts and crafts rooms and more. They also offered cutting edge medical technology and specialized in offering 24 hour specialty care to those who had more serious health problems. I was very impressed with their Jewish Lifestyle program which caters toward older Jewish patients lifestyle as well as offering meet and greets and activities specially for that group. It seemed like Atria is trying to promote life over end of life. They seem to breath a lot of life into the patients staying there and it seems like everyone I met had a smile on their face! Overall it was a pleasant facility and was right within my price range.

From Atria Kew Gardens

For more than 15 years, Atria Kew Gardens has served the families of Queens. With a continued commitment to quality, they have just completed an extensive renovation and expansion to enhance the beauty and functionality of their community – and better serve the growing needs of those living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.

Recent upgrades include a renovated lobby and fully redesigned common areas, an updated café, beauty salon, library, media center and activity room, and an expanded Life Guidance® memory care neighborhood.

Residents of Atria Kew Gardens also enjoy a wealth of daily events including live musical performances, stimulating discussion groups and fitness opportunities, as well as a vibrant Jewish lifestyle featuring gourmet kosher cuisine, weekly religious services and traditional holiday observances.

Features of Atria Kew Gardens

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt

• Hebrew
  • Spanish

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24 hour nurses: 10 hours/week, On-call 24/7