Wyndham Lakes

10660 Old St. Augustine Road, Jacksonville, FL, 32257

Reviews of Wyndham Lakes

Caring107085750 May 17, 2015

Everybody was very sociable, nice, and happy. They called me back and followed up. Wyndham Lakes was less expensive and quite affordable, but they were far away. They also have outside activities.

James104644750 January 19, 2015

Wyndham Lakes was very clean, and the staff was very approachable and caring. They were very good in what they did respective to their job. They ensured that my mother made the rehab appointments on time. It was a very nice facility. They had a lot of different amenities which appeal to her. They also had a lot of activities like movies and bingo. The rooms were clean, and the grounds were clean.

Caring99383650 December 30, 2014

Wyndham Lakes seems to be good. It’s a bit older facility, but the care seems to be well. It looks a little bit older, but from the outside to the inside, it was well-maintained. The staff is accommodating, and the individual rooms were completely done -- carpet, floorings, and paint -- before my grandma moved in. They do bingo, games to try keep them active, and they have a shuttle service to take them wherever they want to go.

Lisa Elo December 16, 2014

My friend was a resident at Wyndham Lakes for about three months and we had to take her out of it. The staff were very rude and there was lack of empathy with their services . Duties were carried out like a Military Camp, they were more concerned about presenting a good work on paper rather than the care that they were supposed to apply . Will never recommend this home to anyone .

We deeply regret that we were unable to meet your expectations. We want to thank you for your feedback and please know it will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

Betty94016950 October 19, 2014

I visited my sister at Wyndham Lakes. The care is satisfactory. The staff is very accommodating and they’re friendly with the patients. She has no problem with them and I’ve watched them with the other members there and they seem to be fine. They have a room for therapy; they did send her to therapy for a while. They have activities, not that she’s participating in any of them but I’ve seen these things there, like bingo and the usual stuff. It’s not a new facility but they seem to keep it clean. It seemed to be well kept and maintained from what I’ve seen. They have nice places to sit outside. I’ve taken her out in benches so she could sit there. Theres a front porch; it’s like the entrance, and when I go to visit the residents are always sitting right there. I’d taken her out to join in the conversations with some of them. The place is attractive and the residents seem to be pretty satisfied overall with where they are.

Linda71189650 October 30, 2013

I visited Wyndham Lakes for a friend. They were the lowest in terms of price that I found. I looked at several other facilities and that was also was the nearest place we went to. The staff was very nice. They took us around, explained everything to us and showed us a room. That room had a large closet and a bath, but only one window to look outside. What I like best about this facility, I guess, was their residents. They were really friendly. I surely would recommend this place to others.

Roberta2 October 28, 2013

After I went to Wyndham Lakes, I cried. I was very upset because it was like a nursing home. I didn't like the way to get there too. Everything in this facility looked dilapidated. The facilities were not together like in one building, which means that it would be a lot of walking for me. I have to go out and walk to the dining room, but it was quite a walk. Plus the fact that the residents there were older. So there wouldn't be any friends that I could make there. I can relate better with people in the other facility. I didn't talk to their staff. They were very busy at that time. However, the young lady that helped me at this facility was fabulous. She was a very nice girl, very helpful and very kind.

Caring252 September 26, 2012

Wyndham is near a lake and it has some mountains and stuff like that close by. Their environment is perfect.

Mike McLemore May 09, 2012

This facility is secure, clean, and staffed with attentive, profesional, and gentle caretakers. My parents are in the Alzheimer's section (Memory Care Unit), and though they prefer to spend their time together in their "apartment," the staff does get them out in to the unit to interact with others, and they do outside activities like sing-alongs in the gazebo (in a secure courtyard) and supervised field trips - e.g., picnics to local parks. The food is nutritious, well prepared, fresh, and well varied. Physician comes in weekly; staff are attentive to the occasional need for non-routine care. Onsite physical and occupational therapy is available. Pleasant setting in which residents are treated with respect, dignity, and good care. Such a relief.

TherapyWorks August 17, 2011

This facility is like a social dorm. Not only is there a friendly staff and big rooms to fit your needs, you can even invite family whenever for dinner, go to a neighbors house or even play one of the many games that offer. Not to undermine the fact that you're in a big city and can travel almost anywhere when you want to. The place is very clean and readily available. Two lakes surround their campus which is perfect for any nature lover. This is a highly recommended facility.

From Wyndham Lakes

Wyndham Lakes provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Features of Wyndham Lakes

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: ALF Standard License