Taylor Home

Overview of Ratings

3.9

April 14, 2012

By Candi6981

Taylor Home is a lovely community. The grounds are large and well kept. They have many recreation activities for their community members daily. They also offer gathering just to allow you to get to know your neighbors. The staff are very friendly and helpful always willing to assist anyone. The have 24/7 on site medical staff as well, in case any emergency were to arrive. They offer residential (group) living, or assisted ( individual) housing on site. They also have an on site laundry facility and a dog walk for pampered pets. I would highly recommend Taylor Home to anyone who has to make such a difficult decision. Taylor Home had doctors that work for the facility that actually still do in home visits for patients that cannot get around so well. They offer a community shuttle that leaves often going to various locations for people who are unable to drive as well. I like the fact that they also allow over night visitors, up to three days a week. That way you do not have to worry so much you family member is getting the attention they need, you can provide it to be certain.

April 10, 2012

By Guardian3

Taylor Home is a very pleasant facility who accommodations range from independent living to skilled nursing services. I have had two friends who have stayed at Taylor Home and found both of them very adequately taken care of. Both started in the assisted living side and as their conditions progressed one was reassigned to skilled nursing and one was moved to another facility. The staff was very caring and attentive to the daily needs and changes to my friends. When one started to have frequent falls and memory lapses it was one of the nurses who called me so that we could figure out it was a vitamin deficiency. The staff also worked tirelessly in accommodating my friends' rather particular requirements concerning how their beds were made, the food that they would eat and other such requests. I have to say that one of my friends has a very prickly and sometimes hateful attitude to others but the staff never let her behavior effect their treatment of her. When one of my friends passed after a long bout of cancer the staff was very considerate while I worked to get her room cleared out and everything settled. Their compassion was most appreciated. Although this Taylor facility does not have a locked unit for Alzheimers patients its front desk staff is very attuned to its residents and keeps them from wandering from the facility by redirection.

February 24, 2012

By britt9oh4

I was in the dementia/alzheimers ward and the staff was amazing. The staff played thinking, and memory games with the patients to help keep their minds active instead of just letting them waste away. The staff performed frequent checks on all residents to ensure all needs were taken care of and nobody was being neglected. All guidelines were followed to a tee, and even the residents all seemed very happy. I visited around christmas time and the facility was nicely decorated which helped with the resident morale, and even gave out christmas cards so as to keep their spirits up. Every one at the facility was so nice and friendly. The facility was clean, safe, and welcoming. I will definitely be reccommending this facility to anyone that i come across looking for one, and will even keep it in mind if a time comes that a family member of mine needs to be put into one. I can't think of anything wrong with this facility except for one worker which is why i couldn't give it a 5 star rating. Everything else was absolutely perfect.

Let Us Search For You

Save Money

Care

Save Stress

About Taylor Home

Taylor Home is an assisted living facility in Jacksonville, FL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Taylor Home for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Taylor Home