HarborChase of Jacksonville

3455 San Pablo Road S, Jacksonville, FL, 32224

Contact Now

Reviews of HarborChase of Jacksonville

Caring107806550 May 28, 2015

HarborChase has an additional licensing where they can age you in place, and they have memory care. Also, they have Medicaid diversion. It is an excellent place. My mother is in a studio, which is the smallest room possible. We eat there all the time, and the food is very good. They have a lot of activities like bingo, but she does not participate; she is 97.

Anonymous64854250 May 13, 2015

I had a friend who lived at Harbor Chase. They had a lot of activities, and they had a nice dining room. The downstairs was very pleasant, and she had a nice room there. The staff showed me a room upstairs, and I did not like it at all. It was like a dorm room with a little microwave. It was not what I want. I am not ready for that. The only nice thing about it was the building itself. It looked like you are going to a home. It had a porch in front. That part was all very pleasant. I enjoyed visiting her. The staff seemed to be OK.

Caring77526150 February 28, 2015

HarborChase was comparable to the place my mother is in, probably a little smaller. I liked it. The people were very friendly. It was a place that I would like my mother to be.

Laura40 August 13, 2014

My mother-in-law is planning to move in November and we are leaning toward Harbor Chase of Jacksonville, but it is not decided yet. The staff was very friendly and very professional. The residents seemed happy. There was a lot of construction going on, but they seemed to be doing it in a positive way. Everything still seemed nice and normal. They seemed to have a lot of activities and they knew all their people by name -- there was good rapport between the staff and the people there. I know they go out to lunch once a week. They get on a transportation vehicle that takes them out to lunch on Thursdays. I know they do exercise every day such as sitting-on-a-chair type of exercises. They have services on Sunday with a piano player who comes in. They also have some card playing and some crafts as well as a library that they are renovating. I thought that it was very nicely decorated, well-maintained, and clean. I think they get a weekly housekeeping service. I would rate it a score of five, except for one thing. A lot of the administration has changed hands recently. The staff such as the housekeeping and the dining room people have been there for quite a while. I spoke to a couple of them and they seemed to really like it there, which is good, but the administration has recently changed. You just feel it somehow. Without my mother-in-law being there, I just don't know how much transitioning there will be. She actually really liked it because it just felt homey and nice. It did not feel institutional at all.

Chef Sharon B. May 29, 2012

Based on our family's experience, this is a very poorly run facility for Assisted Living residents, and a dangerous place for Memory Care. Twenty-seven days after my parents moved into Harbor Chase, the family called for a meeting with the Executive Director to discuss concerns about my father's care: doctor's orders not being followed; family not notified of a scabies outbreak at the facility; ongoing medication errors; residents in Memory Care left unattended; and other health and safety issues. After excusing herself to call another corporate representative, the Executive Director returned to the meeting and abruptly ordered my mother and other family members present to "find another facility" within 45 days. We were offered no option other than to comply with the Executive Director's order. Medication errors and safety issues brought to the table were left unaddressed. My parents moved out twenty-two days later, at the earliest possible date following the Executive Director's order to vacate. Later, when the issue of the deposit was argued, the Executive Director denied having ordered my parents to move. Intotal, my parents paid Harbor Chase more than $15,000.00 for a fifty-day stay and bore the cost of moving out. As per the terms of the Residency Agreement, my parents were owed a refund of Community Fees totaling $3,500.00. In addition, they were owed pro-rated rental fees. My mother requested - in writing - copies of medication logs and other documentation missing from the package of "complete records" given her by Harbor Chase at the time she and my father vacated. Neither monies owed them, nor copies of missing medical logs and documentation were ever provided. In response to our demand letter, an attorney for Harbor Chase offered my parents a one-thousand dollar ($1,000.00) settlement, on the condition that we never disclose what happened while they were at Harbor Chase. We did not accept the offer. My father's safety and well-being were at risk the entire time he was a Memory Care resident. My mother was disrespected and marginalized for speaking out about problems she saw in both Assisted Living and Memory Care. Harbor Chase looked lovely during our tour and appeared to be well-staffed, but the tour was deceptive, especially in Memory Care. After my father moved in, there were never more than half the number of staff members we saw during the tour, and sometimes no staff at all in the locked area. On one occasion, around 11:00pm when no staff was present in Memory Care, my father was hit over the head by another resident. Fortunately, my mother was visiting at the time; she intervened. Later, Harbor Chase denied the incident ever happened. In our opinion, Harbor Chase is unsafe. If you are considering this or any other long-term care facility, check the credentials of every staff member who will be caring for you or your loved one. Be sure every staff member's certification is up to date. Check with the State of Florida to see if any complaints have been filed against the facility, or if any violations have been reported. If we had done all this, we would never have chosen Harbor Chase.

Michael F. November 17, 2011

I enjoyed my visit to HarborChase in Jacksonville last summer. At most facilities that I have visited, I was not allowed to eat the facility's food. I always packed a lunch or took a lunch break and went to a nearby restaurant. At this facility, I was able to eat the prepared meal with my client for lunch - and the food was great.

One other thing that I noticed about this facility was the staff. Without a doubt, this place had the most friendly and courteous staff members than any other that I have ever visited. It seemed that the staff went out of their way to make the clients feel welcome and to give them individualized attention - which is definitely important in any caregiving home.

They also had a really nice area where the clients could sew, do crafts, and play card and board games.

I would highly recommend HarborChase to anyone in the Jacksonville area.

KaraL. August 13, 2011

Very caring. Treats the residents as family.

anonymousll June 30, 2011

One of my dearest friends has been staying at Harborchase of Jacksonville for 6 months now and she is delighted with the care and services that she has received. Although she is a resident of an assisted living community her needs are basic-she wanted to be assured that she would have someone help her with personal grooming and housework. The staff at Harborchase has always been quick to respond to any other issues or concerns, and this is something that I have noted during my visits. Some of the staff members are a little friendlier than others but all of them are professional and courteous. Her apartment is clean and she does not worry about yard work or maintenance. This gives her more time to enjoy her hobbies and personal interests. Thanks to the activities director she has become involved in many different crafts and has even learned how to quilt-which is something she had always wanted to try in the past. The meals are available to all residents and when I have dined here I thought the seafood was very good, but some of the vegetables were overcooked. However, it is quite nice to know that you do not have to cook your own meals, or eat out at restaurants, every day of the week.

From HarborChase of Jacksonville

Celebrating senior living each and every day!

Welcome to HarborChase of Jacksonville, and the highest standard of senior care offering assisted living, and our acclaimed memory care program. Respect and simple kindness abound here as we celebrate each individual life with the dignity it has earned and a warm appreciation of chapters still to unfold.

We know you're facing a difficult decision. That's why we're here, and why we do what we do. We understand the challenges you face when caring for a loved one with memory loss, dementia, or Alzheimer's. But now imagine a new home where lovely surroundings, tasty food, and a compassionate, competent staff make each day shine. This is HarborChase of Jacksonville, where we pride ourselves on setting the gold standard every day.

Come visit and experience our tradition of excellence in senior care.

Call today; this could be your truest act of love.

Our community has a Bed and Breakfast home style feel. We offer ECC (Extended Congreate Care) to allow our residents to age in place. Short hallways, lots of sitting areas, with a beautiful courtyard.

Features of HarborChase of Jacksonville

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, W/D in apt.

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,895/month

• Staff patient ratio: 12:01
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65