Payment

Availability

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Brookdale Atrium Way

Brookdale Atrium Way provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

We are a the only rental CCRC community, located on 18 beautiful wooded lakes surrounded by ponds and lagoons, we have many private picnic areas and walking paths and we are pet friendly.

Reviews of Brookdale Atrium Way

Posted by Caring107085750 May 17, 2015
3.0

Brookdale Atrium Way was an older facility, but it waswell maintained and very clean. The residents all seemed very happy, and there were many things for everybody to do. It was very nice, but really far from my house. They had cooking, music, movies, and libraries, and they seemed to have a ton of stuff scheduled every day of the week, which made me happy too. Everybody was busy all the time, but it wasn't as cheery and bright as the other places.

Posted by Caring105785350 April 28, 2015

The staff at Brookdale Atrium Way has the biggest heart, and they are all about trying to get everybody what they need. My grandmother's room is quite large. They have lot of amenities for their residents.

Posted by Pamela31 March 14, 2015
4.0

Atrium at Regency was very clean. Their staff might have been pre-occupied as the head person that gave us a tour didn’t seem like she really want to show me around, so that bothered me. Other than that, the facility itself was beautiful, clean, and smell free. The physical therapy room was overcrowded. It has almost 20 patients in there, but there were only 5 physical therapists, and I noticed most of them where just sitting there. They weren't doing anything, so that I didn’t like either. The staff told me that they are in the process of expanding their physical therapy room so that they could accommodate the patients more.

Posted by Caring99034950 December 28, 2014
3.0

Atrium provides a lot, but it just didn't have that same warm family feeling to it. It was more sterile looking to me. It seemed clean, but it was much older. The main area was nice.

Posted by Caring96833250 November 30, 2014
4.0

At the Atrium, I didn't like the fact that you have to eat with the same people three meals a day. All the staff was very accommodating, and they were very nice. The rooms were smaller than some of the places I visited. The dining room was very nice.

Posted by Michelle96390650 November 11, 2014
4.0

Our experience with Brookdale Atrium Way was fine. The staff were very helpful, and the rooms were nice. They do have activities, but I can't remember them anymore.

Posted by Cathy96299650 November 03, 2014

We visited the Atrium (Brookdale) which was very nice. I’d highly recommend it. I was impressed with the people that are running it and in the cleanliness of it. Very nice people. All the residents looked very happy. They were cooking lunch when we were there; the food smelled wonderful. All the residents looked like they were having a good time.

The rooms looked very nice; they paint and clean them before you move in. The grounds are kept up. There are all kinds of trees and they’re closed in for the residents to go in and sit by the water and it’s very quiet back there. It’s very nice where it’s located. It’s down a dead-end and you think you’re not going anywhere, but it opens up and there sits the Atrium (Brookdale). They have the senior living, assisted living, and nursing home right on the same property. They have things they offer. If you want to have people come in and make sure you’re taking your medicine, it’s a little extra charge but it’s not astronomical in cost.

Posted by Caring83394650 May 29, 2014
3.0

The Atrium smelled fine. The rooms are comfortable. The food is satisfactory. The staff is nice enough. I like that there was space available.

Posted by Caring72009350 November 27, 2013
4.0

I like the Atrium Jacksonville. The facility is very clean, very bright, very well decorated. The lady who showed me around was very knowledgeable and very professional. On the time I was there, they had a King Fish contest and they also had a picnic lunch. They also take the residents to shopping, movies, and to the malls. The people are very professional. They had a beauty parlor there and different things; and physical therapy if she needed it. It seemed pretty complete.

Posted by toby jr September 25, 2013
1.0

I would never have a family member live there ,, not enough staff,, smells of mold,,, not clean,,lots of dust everywhere

Posted by Gadget1949 September 10, 2013
4.0

I am a daughter living in Massachusetts with aging parents in Jacksonville Fla and I was contacted by a representative from Caring Partners. I felt such an emotional transfer of concerns..everything I voiced was acknowledged and I felt so supported. I was given wonderful suggestions but realistic points of view. I have the contacts number and know I will keep in touch. Thank you for such a great resource.

Posted by Wayne1 August 25, 2013

I visited Atrium and I thought it was a very nice place. The staff was very helpful, polite, informative and very accommodating. The food was good. The whole facility's lay out was beautifully done. The rooms were beautiful. My dad loved it and there's nothing that I did not like about it.

Posted by Patti5 June 29, 2013

I chose Atrium Jacksonville because it's closer to where I live and after my mom had gotten out of the hospital for a surgery, they had put her on a rehab side at the Atrium and we liked it. Now she is in the independent living side of the facility. The staff was very professional and everyone is very, very friend. I think they are doing a great job. They have bingo, bowling, they have entertainers like singer and guitar players come in and there are different areas through out the building where there other things that they can do like play cards or make puzzles and they've got a physical therapy set up in there for them as well.

Posted by Gertha June 17, 2013

I paid a visit at Atrium Jacksonville and it looked clean. The staff were very helpful. It was a nice facility.

Posted by caring0506113 May 16, 2013

Atrium at Jacksonville was very nice, very clean, and the staff was very professional. But dad wanted to be closer to my mother who is in Atlanta.

Posted by Susan43 May 14, 2013

I looked for a place for my mom and I visited Atrium Jacksonville. It was a beautiful and wonderful place. The staff were caring and helpful. The rooms were bright and spacious, and the hallways were easily navigate able. There were music, games, dining, they celebrate birthdays of the residents, etc. Over all, it was a nice facility.

Posted by mimiw23 December 07, 2012
3.0

My father likes living at the Atrium in the assisted living section. However, we have had continuous issues about the staff. My father has found them to take a long time to respond to a call and sometimes do not respond for several hours. I have addressed the issue with the Administrators, who always seem to have an excuse...we're having trouble with the alarm system, they were probably helping someone else. Unfortunately, when dealing like with an elderly, handicapped person, the excuses get old fast. We have also found terrible confusion with my dad's medications. Yes, the Atrium is clean, the food is great and the staff is nice, but nice does not dismiss the fact that they are not responsive. I am looking for lodgings elsewhere for my father.

Posted by Clarkson November 21, 2012

When my grandfather began having his issues, and heard that he would have to be moved into a home, I was honestly quite worried. Homes in my past have typically been dreadful. The people living in the places seemed depressed and down. This however, was not the case with The Atrium. I walked into the facility to see many smiling faces. The people there seemed to be in an all-around pleasant mood. The atmosphere was wonderful, and the lighting seemed to compliment the mood; it was not too dark. My grandfather was very excited to speak of the Ice Cream served every Tuesday. I thought perhaps is cafeteria ice cream, but I came to discover there was an actual ice cream parlor! Moving on from the facilities themselves, the staff was excellent. They all bore a professional appearance, and appeared to enjoy themselves and their jobs. There was a special member of the staff, a dog, which seemed to be a delight to the residents of the facilities. Overall, I must say that things were wonderful for my grandfather while he was there!

Posted by Jdawg0324 October 30, 2012
3.0

At the Atrium the staff was very nice, greeting us as we entered the doors. The layout of the building sort of bothered me since it seemed one main room was used for dining and all events. Also, the smell is always a little different in nursing homes but it smelled especially weird on the day that we went to visit. And space needed to be addressed. Space became an issue when i first noticed the above situtation with the dining area. But as i passed through this area and came to the room of my great uncle, I also noticed that his room was tiny. His chair was about 2 feet from the tv and that is as far away as possible it could have been. And lastly cleanliness was an issue. I was told that it was because of the time of day we went but, if I'm paying money for the care of my elder i want it to be clean all the time. No elderly peson should have to deal with any type of filth because of the lack of the correct care their receiving.

Posted by satisfied3 July 11, 2012
4.0

Our experiences with Atrium Jacksonville have been a mixed bag but trending towards the good overall. Most striking , and positive, has been the extremely kind, caring, and compassionate demeanor of several of the staff. In fact when I was looking for an assisted living facility for my parents , I asked a couple of the residents, at random, how they liked it there. It almost broke my heart when one replied "it's not quite like our homes, but the people here are nice to us." That has almost universally been our experience as well. Despite a rocky start we have all settled into a comfortable routine. Mom has made friends with other residents and loves the attention she gets from the staff. The grounds and the buildings are well maintained. The ponds outside are a boon to the local wildlife who in turn amuse the residents. The food is tasty and fresh. I wish I could move in.

Smileside.jpg
Posted by commercesd April 13, 2012

The Atrium Jacksonville was assisted living facility looked really well-kept from the outside. The lovely lake right along the property looked tranquil and serene. The grounds included much lush, exotic greenery which added nicely to the overall aesthetic.

The Grecian style pool was particularly beautiful. Every part of this facility looked more like a resort than anything else. It really was one of the most gorgeously designed places we've seen thus far.

The main foyer had a lovely receiving area, reminiscent of a high-end hotel. All of the communal areas all had plenty of space for residents to enjoy with each other and friends and family.

The food choices looked nutritious and delicious, as well as the regular snacks - offered continually. The dining areas have many options. From more intimate to communal dining, resident can choose whatever they like.

The living suites were all a nicely sized and beautifully decorated. We could see that anyone could be comfortable in any one of them. Each unit had individually controlled temperatures. The patio areas also had barbeques where they have hosted and private parties.

Events and outings scheduled include anything you can imagine - from restaurants, to art museums, the library, to local films, fine dining and theater. They also host many onsite parties for residents at the facility which they encourage friends and family to attend regularly.

The residents looked like they enjoy living here, and we could really see why. Anyone could be happy living in this thoughtfully designed, spacious, beautifully decorated environment. The staff also very adequately attended to the residents needs easily, and with kindness.

Location of Brookdale Atrium Way

Features of Brookdale Atrium Way

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Spanish

• General store
  • Hiking trails
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: 7109 - LNS Licence

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Get Details