Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities
Reviews of Almost Home
I am a friend or relative of resident
Left my Mom here for two nights. The facility seemed okay at first. but, I called my Mom and she said they grabbed her arm and kept her from getting water on her own. This facility was too restrictive and offered little or no activities for the residents. May be ok for advanced patients who need no independence but, my Mom had nightmares after her stay there and she was so relieved to be out of there.
I visited this facility
I was very impressed by this facility. They had an adult-daycare center that was focused on improving the memory and function of the elderly who have Alzheimer's disease, dementia, or similar ailments.
It seemed to be a very small and family-owned facility, which is a definite plus. They were also extremely affordable due to the fact that they are a not-for-profit agency.
The owner seemed to be a very kind and caring person - and mentioned that she started the facility due to her mother's problems with Alzheimer's disease.
I would highly recommend this facility to anyone in the Jacksonville area.
Location of Almost Home
About Senior Living
- First Day in Assisted Living: Expert Suggestions
- 5 Reasons to Take Your Pet With You to Assisted Living
- Pain Management and Assisted Living
- What You Can Expect From a Great Assisted Living Community
- How to Compare Senior Living Options
- Independent Living -- or Assisted Living?
- 6 Steps to Organizing Your Parent's Move (Without Getting Disowned)
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities