The Arbors at Islandia East

1515 Veterans Memorial Highway, Islandia, NY, 11749

Reviews of The Arbors at Islandia East

Rose31 November 01, 2014

My aunt is in The Arbors, and she has made a wonderful transition. Everything was wonderful there. They were caring, they made her comfortable, and they made me comfortable. I have nothing bad to say although they lost her first batch of clothes due to confusion. Every time I went there, my aunt was wonderful and she liked The Arbors.

Susan72324050 October 25, 2014

The Arbors is a very nice facility. It is clean, and the staff is very helpful and very supportive. My mother is very comfortable there, and I am very happy. It is in a very commercial area; it is right adjacent to a very busy highway, but my mother has dementia, so she doesn't really get to go out much and it is OK. I think it would be better if she had more access to the outdoors because there is no direct access to the outside. She has to be accompanied down the hall, down the elevator, and then outside, so sometimes that makes it a little difficult, but other than that it seems to be fine. The staff is delightful. They are polite, very pleasant, and very caring. Their furniture should be more conducive to the elderly.

MomsAdvocate1 July 31, 2014

My mother was in the Arbors for about a year and a half following a hip replacement. This is a social facility, with the emphasis on activities and care. They have a bistro where she and her friends spent many an evening enjoying snacks and talking about the important issues of the day. The have a full calendar of activities and trips nearly every day. This is a nice and reasonably priced facility if you or your loved one is relatively self sufficient but needs a little assistance. I would recommend this facility for people looked at an assisted living environment.. My mother has macular degeneration (which makes her legally blind) but she was able to participate in many of the activities. The staff has a knack for bringing out the fun in most of the residents!

About The Arbors at Islandia East

The Arbors at Islandia East is an assisted living facility in Islandia, NY that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact The Arbors at Islandia East for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of The Arbors at Islandia East