Brookdale Inver Grove Heights

Overview of Ratings

4.2

November 29, 2014

By Julie46

I was told by the other assisted living that my sister was living in, that she would need skilled nursing. But the level of acuity is so high here at Sterling House that she can live here in a home setting and still receive heavy nursing care.

November 29, 2014

By John102307250

I am looking for future assisted living options for my wife and possibly myself, and I know that from what I've seen here at Sterling House, this is a place for us. The care staff is above and beyond.

July 08, 2014

By Caringrealitive123

Horrible. My great-grandfather has lived here for about 2 years and every day since has been horrible for him. It all started when he got in a car accident and his wife was killed. He's been in a downward spiral ever since. The room is just the right size for him but the carpet reaks of a strong urine odor and is very gross. The workers are incompetent and don't seem to care about the residents. They have meetings with the residents once a month to discuss some issues that they would like to have fixed and the workers don't seem to fix the problems. The food is horrible. The residents don't like the food and there is no fresh fruit for them to eat either. There is no sense of empathy for the residents and what they have been through or what they care about. At night there needs to be a lot more help. With only 2 people on staff it takes a long time to get 19 residents ready for bed and I understand that but we waited 2 hours for a worker to come in and I had to get her after we pulled the cord and she was sitting on her phone. Some of the workers are very rough with the residents and they get bruising from being yanked. Overall I would not recommend putting your realitives in this home.

December 17, 2013

By Nancy74956550

My father is a current resident of Sterling House of Inver Grove Heights. It is a facility that is owned by Brookdale. We're really pleased with this place. What we really like is that there are only 19 residents there, so my father gets a lot of individual care. I've worked in long-term care for 27 years so I really wanted to find him something with smaller amounts of residents, so this place is working out very well for us. I ask my father every week how he likes it, he says it's okay, it is not home but it is okay. So that's a good thing. His room is just a typical room with a bathroom, a small refrigerator and a separate sink. It is small but it works for him. Another thing I like about Sterling House is that my father knows people there. There is a neighbor that lives there and another person there that he worked with, so there's nice socialization for him.

Let Us Search For You

Save Stress

Photos of Brookdale Inver Grove Heights

Features of Brookdale Inver Grove Heights

About Brookdale Inver Grove Heights

Brookdale Inver Grove Heights provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

We are a one level, ranch style community: no stairs or elevators. We are very homey and have a dedicated, trained staff to care for your loved one. We offer on site physician visits, OT/PT, speech therapies on site along with Vision, Hearing and Podiatry.

Map of Brookdale Inver Grove Heights