Traditions at Solana

7721 Battery Pointe Way, Indianapolis, IN, 46240

Reviews of Traditions at Solana

August 31, 2017

By Robert P

The building is absolutely beautiful but what counts most is what's inside. The staff are kind, considerate, compassionate and proactive. I would recommend to anyone searching for a place for their loved one.
Thank you so much for your kind words, I am glad your experience at Solana was positive!

April 10, 2017

By Lisa178418

Traditions at Solana is pretty good. The staff is mostly caring and helpful. My loved one has a one-bedroom with a living room, a bathroom, and a tiny kitchen. She wishes there were more fruits, vegetables, and salads instead of so much meat and potatoes, but the food is OK. Communication is not so good. The dining area is very pretty and spacious.

September 30, 2016

By Jill023460

Traditions at Solana is affordable and a very nice facility with good, caring people. The thing that stands out most to me is the personalization. The food is just OK.

March 06, 2016

By charlie#1

My mother has been a resident of Traditions at Salona for almost a year. Our family has been extremely happy with the care provided by the staff. Mom has moderate dementia/alz and has lots of mood swings. Some days she is not very happy, as she thinks she should be able to live on her own. I have no complaints. I feel she is safe at Traditions and getting good care.

February 15, 2016

By Mom's only Caregiver

My mother is Mid-Alzheimer's and was assessed to the Assisted Living area only to be recommended to Memory Care three months after she arrived-a placement I felt she deserved upon initial assessment. I also agree with others here who feel like the staff is poorly trained and apathetic to the needs of dementia. There is no longer a Medicaid component at Traditions and we were not informed of this even though it was a plus in our search for a place for my mom. I have experience with three other assisted living places via my mother-in-law here in Indianapolis - all who have provide better care. Have had meetings with director., nursing staff and still feel there is lack of oversight. Another person commented here about Alz care and read Traditions response about a new training procedure with a meeting (family night?) but have yet to see this ??? Shame on me-looking around feel like my mom is falling through the cracks. Worry is making me ill. To the person who removed their mother I'd love to know if you found a better place. If your loved one is physically able without dementia I'd recommend Traditions, but I'd be checking in with them regularly. It is a pretty place.

February 10, 2016

By Peggy111302850

I also took a tour of Traditions at Solana. The place was pretty much brand-new and very clean with large rooms. They had lots of activities, but they didn't have many people; maybe that's because it was new. It was the most expensive place of all the places we visited.

December 06, 2015

By Five Stars

I have a relative living at Solana. She is extremely happy there - likes the food and loves the employees. The nursing staff is very conscientious about her needs and so is the dining room staff. When I pass an employee in the building, I get a nice smile and a greeting. Whenever we have asked for something, be it medication, laundry or bathing, they don't put you off. What you ask for is immediately taken care of. I would highly recommend Traditions at Solana!

October 08, 2015

By relativeofalzheimers

First of all the facility is designed to attract those of us who are placing our family in their care...don't be fooled. Most of us have family who were living back in the 40's,50's and 60's so why would the decorate it to cater to artsy type? To sell to the families that's why! It is WAY expensive and they have no experience with memory care. I put my relative initially in assisted living because the Alzheimers was progressing enough to where assistance was needed. They were aware enough to know they did NOT want to be locked in. Due to a flight risk they had a bracelet that would lock the doors when they tried to get out. After one week and two SUCCESSFUL attempts to get out, where on one attempt they had NO CLUE of their absence until a stranger brought them back, up the the memory care unit they went. Two months (only 20 days under Solana's roof) and many trips out to a pysch hospital for med adjustments they were KICKED out. This facility opened way to soon and was not prepared to handle residents who struggled adjusting to this new environment. Not to mention the bedroom was never cleaned, laundry never done and showers never taken. And I mean NEVER! So do your research first! Oh and there have been others that I found out were asked to leave. They only prefer the easy going Alzheimers patients whatever that is.

We appreciate your message and want you to know that the safety and health are our top priority of all our residents. Our community strives to provide a home-like environment to our residents who are challenged with various dementia diagnoses that maximizes dignity, productivity and quality of life. Admission to the program is not based solely upon diagnosis or disease stage, but is based on a variety of criteria as dictated by the Indiana State Department of Health and our Community. The decision to accept an individual to our Memory Care Program is made at the community level and is based upon the best information gathered by an interdisciplinary team (Clinical Director and General Manager) following the initial admission assessment. Continued residency in our Memory Care is based on criteria that have been set forth by our Community. On occasion, it becomes clear, based on the state criteria, that an admission acceptance may have been inappropriate or that a resident has progressed beyond the scope of care offered by our Memory Care Program. Such occurrences may warrant a resident relocation. Our community proudly works together in a team environment with residents, family, staff and physician to provide the best possible atmosphere for all residents. We welcome and promote open communication at all times. Please feel free to contact us at anytime to discuss any concerns you may have.

September 30, 2015

The reason we chose Traditions at Solana was because it's on a lake and it's got the homiest and most welcoming atmosphere. It suited my parents' needs the best. They take the residents out on the pontoon boat and they also have a golf hole out in the water. They have a little bit of different activities and the standard ones. My parents are going to be in the independent living and they're waiting for the new ones to be built.

September 22, 2015

By JDHe

This place is really overpriced for the poor attention to the residents' needs. Even after repeated attempts to bring issues to the attention of the staff and management, we did not see change and moved my grandmother out.

February 13, 2015

By Caring101942750

We chose Traditions at Solana for my parent because it is in a good location, it is brand new, and it is very clean. This place is large. It is just a really nice facility. It also overlooks the river. It is a surprisingly beautiful place. I was shocked because they take Medicaid also. The staff is excellent. They're very friendly and very helpful. I ate there; the food is very good. I would recommend Traditions at Solana.

February 10, 2015

By Jennifer100555450

My mom is in Solana. It was in the high end of nice. It is really pretty and new. It is Medicaid waiver certified. They did a really good job. The only down side is that the chef isn't all that good, but other than the food, it's doing well. We like it. There is a practitioner who is right there. We like the staff. Things have been pretty good. I highly recommend it. They have activities. They do everything you can think of. They have a theater. They do arts & crafts every day. They have an exercise room.

February 10, 2015

The place is brand new, and they only had seven or eight people in their memory care unit, so it was quiet. Traditions at Solana has got a big open day room with the TV area and the eating area. They did have assisted living, and one half of the floor is designated for memory care. It is all arranged differently. This unit opened up June 2014, so everything is brand new and very upscale looking. The locked unit opens up to the very large day room. They have a lot of facilities on the floor like a kitchen and refrigerator. They have their own tables at one end of the large room. Most of their food comes from the kitchen that makes the food for assisted living. They can still bake cookies or whatever right there. They can do stuff right there if they wanted to like cook an egg for somebody that didn't want what is served. They have a smallish table, and they sit in groups however they want to. They have individual rooms, and you have to bring your own furniture. Each room has a very large window that overlooks one side of the building. Once in a while, the TV might be loud because people can't hear that well, but in general it is a calm and quiet place.

January 09, 2015

We chose Traditions at Solana for my brother because it is so very nice. It has a very nice location, and the facility itself is extremely nice. It's some place I wouldn't mind living myself. Actually my brother has also toured other facilities, and it is the best choice for him. The staff is extremely pleasant and professional. They were doing whatever they needed to do to make sure our needs were met. They have a movie theater -- where they watch a movie once a week -- and a lounge area where they have a happy hour once or twice a week. They even take them shopping. Some boating is possible around the facility. They are planning to get some kind of a boat because they have a river behind them and a lake in the front. Solano is a brand new facility who just opened last June. It is well built over the course of probably the past year and a half. They have all the bells and whistles.

Photos of Traditions at Solana

Features of Traditions at Solana

• Minimum Memory Cost: $4800/month

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

About Traditions at Solana

Welcome to Traditions at Solana Senior Living

Traditions at Solana, located in beautiful Indianapolis, Indiana, provides a gracious retirement community. Walking paths that provide unparalleled water and wildlife views of the White River give the feeling of an idyllic park setting.

Traditions at Solana is a licensed senior retirement community with no large entry fee or endowment. Residents are served by providing superior, yet reasonably priced accommodations and services in a peaceful, beautiful setting. Living options include licensed assisted living, assisted living memory care and independent living garden residences. We provide a home-like setting for those who need assistance with personal care and daily living activities.

Traditions at Solana offers a pleasant and relaxing setting for seniors who may need assistance with personal care and daily living activities. The SELECT YOUR CARE program gives you and your family the ability to create a personalized healthcare service plan. You may choose to include assistance with daily activities such as medication management, bathing and/or dressing by our 24-hour licensed nursing staff. Assisted living private residences are all within steps of many amenities including fine dining, recreational facilities, as well as a theater. For added peace of mind, an emergency response system is provided.

Memory Care and Dementia Care in Indianapolis

Traditions at Solana serves seniors who experience various forms of memory loss. Individuals are assessed by our staff to identify their cognitive and physical abilities as well as learn about each person's unique life story to develop a comprehensive plan of care. Both physical and emotional stimulation are then incorporated into the plan to support and maximize quality of life. A state-of-the-art security system is provided which allows residents to live independently while remaining within the comfort of a secured environment.

Amenities

• Pharmacies
  • Restaurants
  • Endless Recreational & Entertainment Choices
  • 6 hospitals within 6 miles

Thank you for your interest in Traditions at Solana. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

We have a unique "SELECT YOUR CARE" program includes six levels of care which allows residents to live life on their own terms, while enjoying the company of others in a community setting. Licensed 24-hour nursing staff are available to monitor healthcare needs for those residents needing assistance with personal care and daily living activities.Traditions at Solana creates a warm, safe, secure, and friendly environment, promoting independence and self-esteem for all residents.

Map of Traditions at Solana