Morningside of College Park

8810 Colby Blvd, Indianapolis, IN, 46268

Reviews of Morningside of College Park

August 23, 2016

By Marie071160

Morningside of College Park is very pretty and very attractive as you come into it. The hallway is very nice. The staff is all very good. The sales lady is very nice and diligent, but she's a little bit more pushy sales-wise. The cost is much higher, and they don't have any kind of medical unit, so it would be an additional cost besides what you're already paying to have medical care brought in. It's a prettier facility, but it's more expensive. They do some group activities, but you have the usual number of people sitting around in their wheelchairs not doing anything. The dining area has nothing attractive about it.
Thank you for your time to post this review we appreciate all comments both pro and con. MorningSide of College Park is an Independent Living Community as such we do not have a medical unit. We allow our residents to choose the Home Health Care company of their choosing to match the care needs of their loved one and by doing so control their costs. We do have a Home Health Company in the community Great Lakes as an option for those that do not have their own provider. Our costs for Independent Living apartments are very competitive for the market we research rates on a quarterly basis. Many of our residents have been at the community for many years and as such may now be using wheel chairs and walkers which is a natural progression when one ages. We encourage all of our residents to participate in our activities including those that may not be as mobile requiring wheel chairs or walkers. We appreciate your feedback !

August 22, 2016

By Cathy023016

My visit with Morningside was great. They had been very helpful. It seemed like they had something going on every day. I met their activities director who was very nice. It just seemed like they had activities all the time and were very good about encouraging everybody to participate. I had lunch there, and it was good. That's where I wanted my mom to be. It felt very friendly and like all of the residents were happy. It just felt good.
Thank you!! We appreciate all feedback, good and bad. I am happy to read that your experience at MorningSide Of College Park was positive. We take great care in ensuring that our residents needs are met and that they are happy in their home. Thank you again for your feedback.

January 24, 2016

By JD5

Morningside is clean, reasonably priced, and there’s plenty of staff. They seemed to be doing a good job. They call me all the time, and seem to be on top of it. My mother is living there. The rooms are nice. They have activities for them. They seem to have a good menu.

November 25, 2015

By Millie4

Morningside of College Park was a very nice facility. It wasn’t old, but I think they had done some renovations because it seemed really nice on the memory care side. The staff seemed very nice. This was the first place where I saw many residents engaged, so I was very impressed. The dining area was relatively small, but it seemed nice and clean. Nothing stood out to me. The area where they were doing activities needed to be a little bit bigger because there were so many residents participating.

October 28, 2015

We considered Morningside of College Park because they were upfront about taking Medicaid patients. It was an older facility, but it seemed more comfortable and less stiff than the other places in Carmel. The rooms were much larger, and they seemed to have more activities. The staff seemed to be very good. The interactions with the residents there seemed to be very friendly; they all knew each other.

July 13, 2015

Morningside of College Park was very nice, but it was not licensed. They applied for it, but I wanted to make sure that my uncle gets into a licensed facility. I only met one lady, and she was very nice. The room was nice, but I want the closet to be closer to his bed. They had bingo and puzzles. Their dining area looked more like a cafeteria.

March 24, 2015

By mikeberghoff51

My mother happily lived in Morningside for 3 1/2 years: 3 years on the Assisted Living side and 6 months in the Memory Care unit. My mother lived in Fort Wayne prior to Morningside and experienced a number of health issues which prompted the relocation to Indianapolis. Before my mother left Fort Wayne, I looked at 8 other Assisted Living Communities; and my mother visited two of those facilities before deciding on Morningside. She never looked back and was delighted with Morningside's food services, living arrangements and activities. I can honestly say that living at Morningside increased my mother's life by a good two years. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, we had to move my mother from the Assisted Living Unit to the Memory Care Unit. After running my mother through two other rehab facilities following a surgery and bout with pneumonia, my mother was delighted being able to enter Morningside's Memory Care Unit with her own furnishings. Though my mother only had minor dementia, the last six months of her life were spent in the Memory Care Unit. The staff was outstanding! Mom swore the food was not as good in the Memory Care Unit; yet, I know otherwise. Like everything else in her body at that time, her taste senses were getting old too. While my mother always wanted to do for herself, in the end, the staff bathed her, changed her bandages and bedding, dressed her and got her to the bathroom. Though she fought it, she needed 100% care in the end. I can not say enough good things about her care and the staff in the Memory Care Unit. Most important, they were there in the end. If your parents are beyond being on their own, you must consider Morningside and later in life the Memory Care Unit.

February 26, 2015

By Carlett

Morningside has memory care and assisted living; both of them are fine. The apartments for assisted living are big, some are 2-bedrooms, but all of them are nice. Memory care has its own dining room, and the food is good. They have different directors for activities for the seniors and for the memory care.

February 06, 2014

By Fritzy58

My mother, age 98, has been a resident at Morningside in Indianapolis, for more than 1 1/2 years. All I can say is this place is truly incredible. My mother can be a handfull and the staff takes great care of her many needs and demands. Also, the food they serve to their residents is excellent, plentiful and nicely presented. We would reccomend this facility to anyone seeking care for an aged loved one.

Photos of Morningside of College Park

Services & Amenities of Morningside of College Park

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3600/month
  • Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• General Store
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Craft Room With Kiln, Chapel, Theater

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Pharma

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class, Pottery Lessons, Jewelry Making Classes

• Home Sale Assistance

• Licenses: Licensed Memory Care

About Morningside of College Park

Morningside of College Park is the premiere Indianapolis retirement community offering independent and assisted living apartments and memory care. Enjoy our beautiful lakeside setting with balconies or patios in each apartment.

At Morningside we are driven by core values including respect, trust, and compassion. For example, our management believes in core values such as respect and it shows in our decision not to segregate our assisted living residents. Each resident maintains their own home apartment and the care, as needed, is brought to where they reside.

One of the biggest features that set us apartment from other communities in our area is our very large apartments and abundant closet space. Also, with every apartment, there is a free storage locker that provides additional storage for out of season clothes, decorations, luggage and treasured items too special to part with.Our rents in Independent and Assisted Living are all inclusive...meaning that we pay for Wi-Fi, Cable TV, and Telephone. This is a very unusual feature. In addition our Memory Care rental rates are all inclusive of care. We are a rental community with a self-renewing 30 Day Lease.

Map of Morningside of College Park