Clearwater Commons

4519 East 82nd Street, Indianapolis, IN, 46250

Reviews of Clearwater Commons

Caring99004050 December 30, 2014

The visit was fine when they showed us around. But the rooms were not too spacious. The staff that assisted us was very nice. Their dining room was nice. We met the chef there, and she was very nice. At the time that I visited Clearwater Commons, they were doing some different crafts.

Caring84749550 July 31, 2014

My mom is in Clearwater Commons. We choose it because when she walks in, everybody from the employees to the residents greets her. It is a nice atmosphere and she's having fun. She's having a good time being in a community with people her age. She's eating again and that's a plus. She's in a better mood. They have quite a few activities. They have chair exercises, brain games, Wii bowling, shopping trips, puzzle times and they usually have somebody comes in and do music once or twice a week. I have not tried the food, but all the servers there know that she likes the ice cream that they serve it at the end of their meals. So, they really know who she is.

Richard80220050 March 27, 2014

We visited Clearwater Commons. The staff's work attitude was very good. They treated us nicely. The rooms were nice, and I thought they were big enough. I like the cottages. They were nice. We ate there, and the food was all right. Their dining room was nice. However, it was pretty tight-going there because it was in a busy street.

Carimg8492 June 19, 2013

From what I've seen Clearwater Commons was a very clean and nice-looking place. The staff was excellent.

Lovely Daughter June 17, 2013

My mother was at Clearwater Commons and it was exceptionally nice. They had a theater, hairdresser and basically she did not need to leave the facility for any reason. She could order from a menu, restaurant-style, and get whatever she wanted.

Dan Butz January 28, 2013

To whom it may concern. A couple years ago, my wife and I interviewed several assisted living communities in the Indianapolis area, for my mother in law, and after extensive research on each one, selected Clearwater Commons. As I look back, it is the very best decision we made, selecting Clearwater Commons to give the care we wanted and sxpected, to my mother in law. My wife and I don't regret one thing about our decision, and my mother in law, absolutely enjoys the facility, the activities and the staff! From the first time we meet with Lisa, and she interviewed my mother in law, we knew this place was a WINNER! To this day, Lisa and the staff, Patty, June, Barbara, Kathy, Ashley, ect., are all very much professionals and demonstrate a genuine very caring effect and atmosphere, to each of the residents. We love this and the residents do to. My wife and I visit quite regular and enjoy the meals and also the entertainment, it's quite nice. If we had to do it over again ( thank god we don't ), we would do it the same way, absolutly no changes! Keep up the good work, and THANK YOU! By the way, the popcorn is always, fresh! Dan & Barb

Kelly17 January 24, 2013

I have been in Healthcare for over 10 years, and both of my grandfathers lived here over the past 3 years. It was a great experience both times. The staff went above and beyond in caring for them and helping our family in whatever way possible. I would recommend this facility to anyone.

Kyrieh January 13, 2013

My grandmother stays in this facility and it is absolutely amazing!! Lisa A. and Patty J. will do absolutely anything to take care of your loved one. My nana always tells me how safe she feels how much she loves the activities and especially the food and kitchen staff. All the residents were kind to her right away and sat with her at lunch making her feel welcome. The building is beautiful and all the residents are always smiling. The popcorn in the theatre is intoxicating! Everytime I walk into the building I get a friendly hello not only from the front staff but from the aids they keep me updated on what my nanas been up to or tell me that she's been telling embarrassing stories again...=). My nana has been at this building for awhile now so the hellos still surprise me it makes me feel like their not just putting on an act but are genuinely caring people. I have never heard of any residents having a so called "theft" problem and we have never been "nickeled and dimed." This building is amazing and I would give it 10 stars if i could!!!

querencia October 05, 2012

I am uncertain about this facility. One feature that I very much liked and had not seen in prior facilities is their "Garden Homes" apartments. These allow the maximum freedom to come and go as the "tenants" please, but with all the support and services the facility offers to all its residents. This I find very appealing. This would somewhat offset what I perceived as a lack of interesting actitivities within the facility. I did not see much in the way of arts, crafts, or any other activities available. The residents seemed reasonably well cared for, but frankly seemed a little bored. The entrance and the building itself are quite attractive, well kept and impressive. I also did not see much of a connection or much friendliness between support staff and residents. One of the gentlemen I spoke with, when the support people had stepped away, said he thought they "nickled and dimed" the residents for every little thing they wanted. I was also a little concerned that the interior, especially the hallways, did not seem very clean or fresh smelling. I got the impression that they took better care of the exterior and the grounds than they did the interior--or the residents. I will put this very much on the back burner for now. However, I will actively search out other facilities that offer the kind of Garden Homes apartments with the accompanying freedoms that I saw here. I really liked that.

From Clearwater Commons

Clearwater Commons have been created for the independent resident who wants the freedom to come and go as they please, but desires the amenities that accompany living in a specially designed community. In our Clearwater Commons, you'll find maintenance-free living with a variety of floor plan options that may include one or two bedrooms featuring attached garages, sunrooms, dens, laundry rooms and full kitchens.

Our Clearwater Commons residents enjoy the company of their neighbors and opportunities to participate in a wide range of planned social activities, scheduled transportation to shopping, restaurants and appointments. Other conveniences that are often available on-site are restaurant-style dining, salon, wellness programs and housekeeping services. Take comfort in knowing that personalized home care services can be arranged in your Clearwater Commons as a need may arise. All of these choices combined with our state-of-the-art, 24 hour on site response system create all the pleasures of independent living with the freedom, comfort and security of living in a senior community.

We are a single level community with access to many different retail and dining options within a few minutes of the community. All day dining options within the community.

Features of Clearwater Commons

• Housing extra: Cottages
  • Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• We charge an entry fee

• Minimum age: 55