Brookdale Willow Lake

2725 Lake Circle Drive, Indianapolis, IN, 46268

Reviews of Brookdale Willow Lake

Caring75253750 December 17, 2013

Brookdale Place at Willow Lake was very nice. They match the price with another facility. They have wonderful facilities, good management, and great food. The staff was very nice too. I would recommend this place.

Demetrius October 09, 2013

My mother is a Brookdale resident. Before placing her there, I did my due diligence in investigating other facilities and asking how the Brookdale staff would would respond to various scenarios. After evaluating each facility, I chose Brookdale. The administration is attentive to the family's need. The hourly care givers are the core to any assisted living facility. I find these individuals for the most part caring and compassionate. Like any facility, you should visit frequently and set your expectations. I now can feel comfortable that my mother is well taken care of.

Deborah18 August 28, 2013

My mom is a current resident of Brookdale Place at Willow Lake. We chose this facility for the location, the cleanliness of the facility, the interaction of the staff with their clients and the price. The place appears to be very clean. I haven't had any problem with them. I haven't tried eating there but my mother has gained 20 pounds ever since she moved in. She said the food is very good. She is getting along fine there.

Gregory2 June 17, 2013

Brookdale is a smaller facility so the nurses have time for individual care. This is right for my parents and it's a lot better than the independent care that they were getting at a previous facility. The food was okay and they seemed to like them. They have bingo and they have some light exercising. My parents are comfortable with the place. An area for improvement would be on the schedule of their staff, the receptionist goes home at 8:00 pm so it is a little bit harder to get hold of the people there.

querencia October 12, 2012

The word "charming" best describes this lovely facility. They have one floor, I believe it was the third, that is entirely devoted to residents with memory problems. I visited this floor our of curiosity, since I do not have such problems, and I was very impressed. The residents were not kept in their rooms. The attendants allowed them almost complete freedom (on that floor) and just kept them safe and comfortable. They also had many activities that they took part in, which is something I had not seen in other facilities. Many times residents with memory issues are just being warehoused, with a pretty boring life style. These were active involved individual who happened to have memory problems. The rest of the facility is really lovely. The rooms are much homier and more personalized than most facilities I have visited. The staff seems to encourage the residents to add personal items and touches to their living quarters. The range of activities available here is really great. Exercise and dance classes, art, music, theater and all kinds of crafts. The nice thing is that the residents don't just watch the theater and music but they can also take part in it. One lovely lady I spoke with said that she had suggested several activities and her suggestions were taken very seriously by staff and administration and actually acted upon. I can envision this as a real "home" where I would feel safe in knowing that I would be given appropriate and excellent care should I encounter memory or other issues in later years. Definitely one of the best I have visited, and on my "short list."

pulse077 July 27, 2012

There are a lot of staff. Very clean and well organized. The girl at the front desk is always nice. The director of activities seems to be very busy, perhaps stretched too thin but she is easy to contact. Their Executive Director is the only person in the whole facility that gave me a bad impression. She seems upset usually and too busy to talk to anyone. Always short and wanting to be over a conversation. Otherwise I am overall impressed. The third floor has memory care patients. They have a great way of making the resident feel at home and they have a shadowbox outside of their door that has a few items about their lives. It was neat to see all of the things their residents have done over time. As expected with memory care, they had a few patients wondering the halls seemingly upset but they helped guide them along all the while providing them time to roam and have some freedom.

Kaitica0127 May 29, 2012

At Brooksdale, the staff is very nice and helpful. There are plenty of great amenities, programs, and facilities throughout the building. The caregivers there are very respectful and show great supervision over the residents. It is also a very beautiful environment as well as it's surroundings.

MIdwest Caregiver September 20, 2011

My mother-in-law lived with us for ten years. We took care of her as her Alzheimer's disease worsened. Finally, we could no longer keep her safe, so we looked into Assisted Living facilities. After much research, we choose Brookdale Place at Willow Lake. Our experience has been very positive. First, the personal attention is wonderful. Any time we visit, the staff can tell us how my mother-in-law has been doing that day, and what she has been doing that day. She has had various health issues, and they are very involved. Second, they keep her busy with enjoyable activities. She paints, does exercise classes, makes crafts, plays games, goes out to eat and goes shopping, participates in musical events and travelogues. Third, the facility is lovely. It is like a nice hotel or a bed-and-breakfast. Fourth, and importantly, they keep her safe. She cannot leave without a companion, but it doesn't feel "locked down." They check on her every two hours when she is in her room, but again, it is very low-key and tends to be a friendly visit or a reminder that there is an activity coming up. It has been such a relief for us to know she is well cared for, and safe, and in a lovely environment. Even with Alzheimer's disease, her quality of life is as good as it can be.

From Brookdale Willow Lake

Brookdale Willow Lake provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Location of Brookdale Willow Lake