Brookdale Castleton

8480 Craig Street, Indianapolis, IN, 46250

Reviews of Brookdale Castleton

Caring97108450 November 20, 2014

I did like the location though we were trying to find some place temporary. We would like the fact that Berkshire of Castleton has two meals a day. I know my mother is 94 and doesn’t eat three meals a day or snacks along with the meals so that was a real plus because why pay for something she isn't going to eat. They seemed to have a nice place and have a nice atmosphere; whenever we went there the residents were out, they seemed to be pleasant enjoying themselves, so that’s kind of why we like that. We liked the room because I believe the kitchen was separate. Although my mother doesn’t cook much, it was important I think mentally to have some place where she had a separate kitchen, and not just a wall.

Marilyn28 June 26, 2014

My mom is all set at Berkshire. We chose this because it had everything I needed. It had the right size apartment at the time, and it was in our price range. The staff is very good. The food is really good. The dining area is really nice.

Caring77970050 February 28, 2014

Berkshire Castleton was definitely more of an assisted living and felt more like a hospital. But it did not seem like a bad place. The people that were living there seemed happy, but it was definitely more of hospital type of facility. It did not fit our needs. The quality of facility itself, they could use some fresh paint. We never got to see their independent living, because they didn't have any availability in their independent living facility.

Hugh2 October 28, 2013

My wife and I have settled on Berkshire of Castleton. Our stay here is very good. I enjoyed it very much. The staff is excellent. The residents are friendly. The place is very homey. The facility is quite good even though it is an older place. It is rather well taken care of. My wife and I enjoy this place very much.

Byron1 August 01, 2013

My brother is now staying in Berkshire and he has been there for two months now. The room that he has is smaller than what he used to have, but let's face it, when you moved into a residential setting like that, downsizing is a necessity. Food is good. Their dining room is very nice. My brother was surprised of the number of activities that were there and he quickly got involved in them. He plays cards and joins in singing. They bring in pianists and singers and they have programs like that. He has told me about three or four different programs that he enjoyed since moving in this facility. Ever since he has been there, they did make some improvements. They have made their sidewalk wider and put in handicapped ramp. This was in the back where they have parking space for their clients. My brother has motorized wheelchair that he drives out to his vehicle and so these improvements would prove beneficial for him.

Karen64331850 July 29, 2013

It was very nice and large facility. The staff was nice and informative. The rooms and the dining room were spacious. But it was too far to where I wanted my mom to be.

James29 May 24, 2013

My wife's uncle was at Berkshire of Castleton. At first, he was in the independent living but then, he moved to the assisted living section. The assisted living part of the facility was small which was good. There were about 21 suites so the care they got was very good. Nurses were on duty round the clock. He could eat in the dining area of the independent living since he had friends there or in the assisted living dining area also. There were field trips and movies also. He made a lot of friends and he was very happy. We were pleased with the outcome.

Jenny3 August 28, 2012

Upon entering the Berkshire of Castleton, I was greeted by sliding doors and welcoming and informative staff. The staff at the front desk knew the residents by name and room number. The residents seem to have an active community at the facility. There were games going on in a game room, and residents were milling around in a room filled with couches and entertainment. The hallways have been remodeled recently and are kept clear of trash and dirt. The facility appeared very clean and the residents I encountered all seemed to be in good spirits. The residents all receive papers about what food will be offered at each meal. Whenever I have eaten at the facility, I have always enjoyed the food and the options made available to me. There is a shuttle that takes residents to area businesses to run errands each week, and even a church service on Sunday mornings for residents. Overall the Berkshire of Castleton seemed to me to be a very well-run assisted living facility, and one I would recommend to others.

joe choi August 21, 2012

My uncle is living in Berkshire of Castleton for 10 months now. I have had the pleasure of visiting the facility on several different occasions, and I have seen each time, a consistent level of high quality service. Residents are permitted to receive nursing or other healthcare services from an outside home health agency, hospice agency, or private duty nurse. The apartments are good-sized and have large bedrooms. The apartments have kitchenettes, not full kitchens. The facility provides the meals which are of high quality. The residents can bring their meals back to their room if they'd like. During one visit, I was waiting in one of the common rooms for a staff member, and a group of the ladies had gathered to knit clothing for their pets, and they all seemed in such high spirits, sitting there, happily chatting away, while their pets were nestled in beside them. I was impressed by how the facility treats the residents with respect and acknowledges their needs and desires. Berkshire of Castleton has proved itself to be spot on in quality of service.

From Brookdale Castleton

Brookdale Castleton provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Castleton

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Minimum age: 62

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Castleton