American Village

2026 E. 54th Street, Indianapolis, IN, 46220

Reviews of American Village

Caring111017050 July 21, 2015

American Village was very clean, and the staff was very friendly. The room were nice too, but expensive. They could improve on the cost. The food and dining room seemed very nice. The security seemed adequate.

Terry Ceaser-Hudson July 20, 2015

I have been a caretaker for my husband for nearly 17 years due to a brain aneurysm and brain damage and have been very particular about my husbands care. When I travel I have tried various locations for respite care and have for the most part, been very displeased for one reason or another. That is until I experienced American Village. I was so impressed with the staff, the cleanliness of the facility and how very well kept it is. It is an older facility but you would never know walking in. Freshly painted and very welcoming. I have been fighting the need to place my husband in a nursing home full time but I can honestly say I have found a wonderful home for him there. He spent two weeks in respite care and had not one complaint. For him that is something. I am so pleased to have found this great facility

Anonymous110668650 July 13, 2015

American Village was nice for people who want a hospital setting. The room was very nice. The only thing I did not like was some of the rooms had small refrigerator, and a person would have to bend down to get whatever they want out of it. I think the dining room was nice. They had good security. I would suggest they clean their floors because the hallways smelled like urine.

hoot's daugter January 09, 2015

My sister and I had been "sharing" mom for the last 2 years before moving her into American Village Assisted Living/Washington Manor. We knew it was going to be a difficult adjustment for mom since she had been a nursing home aide/nurse for almost 40 years (she knew it all). My sister and I were cautious/nervous about this but could not have more wrong. The Nursing Staff have embraced her medical/care needs. Mom has adjusted SO well and loves her new retirement home. She tells family and friends that there is so much to do here - "they keep you busy". She enjoys being able to go on outings with the others. Getting in and out of the bus is so easy for her. A former food critic, mom has no complaints about the food. She is able to have some of her furnishings from her home which makes her studio apartment appealing to her. She looks out her window and comments on her view of the lake with the swans. She says it is a "peaceful view". Knowing that mom will be able to move through the continuum on the campus here at American Village made this placement right. They have long term care beds but also Memory Care, so whatever the future holds for mom . . . we won't have to chose another place.

Caring99345050 January 03, 2015

American Village is a very nice facility. I think the issue with them at the time we were looking was that my brother didn't have Medicaid. They were a little above his ability to afford to live there. I don't believe they have any Medicaid waiver bid, but it is a nice facility. Their rooms are clean and nicely furnished. It has a lot of character. The dining room is very nice. That would have been my brother's choice if he had the budget.

Caring88347350 June 26, 2014

American Village is wonderful. They're very good with my mom. The staff is very caring, very helpful, and they take care of her. The room was all fixed up when she moved in. It was very nice. The food was great. I'm very pleased with it.

Caring8464 April 22, 2014

I was very impressed with American Village, actually. What I like about it was, first of all, the land on which it is built was beautiful. I mean, you would look out a window, for instance, and you would see a long lawn and water, and then the moon. It is really built on a beautiful piece of property, which to me is important in my old age; I want to be closer to nature or to tranquility. We were also shown two of the larger apartments there, and they were very lovely. I thought that would be a wonderful thing.

George46 January 23, 2014

American Village was okay. It looked pretty clean to me. My daughter's aunt stayed there, she has Alzheimer's. We were in her room, it was a little tight. The dining area was small but ample I suppose.

Caring75527550 December 30, 2013

I did have a tour at American Village and I didn’t like it very much at all. I felt that it was overcrowded and it didn’t seem clean. Their hallway seemed there's just not enough room for people to even walk in it. Their dining room was very nice. The activities were basically just about the same like they do bingo. They have people doing different types of activities and it seemed okay. I just feel that they actually need to renovate. The rooms were spacious, but they weren’t as clean as they should be. It looked very old and drab looking; not cheery.

From American Village

Our Community

Caring people make the difference at American Village. You can feel it the minute you walk into our community and meet our staff. They are experts at senior healthcare that are not just doing a job, but following a calling. They are here to help you and your family find answers, solutions and peace of mind. In fact, they become an extension of your family.

American Village offers a full continuum of housing and healthcare solutions designed to accommodate a diversity of lifestyle choices and healthcare needs.

We are conveniently located just minutes North of downtown Indianapolis in the Meridian-Kessler neighborhood. American Village is close to emergency healthcare, full-service hospitals, shopping centers and restaurants.

Our Services

Assisted Living Apartments

Everyone loves freedom and choices...and we kept that in mind while designing our Senior Apartments. Our communities offer Assisted Living services that are tailored to meet the needs of each individual, allowing them to live life to the fullest.

Our residents enjoy the company of their neighbors while enjoying three meals a day offered in our unique, restaurant-style dining rooms. There are many opportunities to participate in a wide range of planned social activities, scheduled transportation to shopping, restaurants and appointments. We continue to add services designed to keep our residents as active as they desire while having the comfort and security of living in a senior community.
Assisted Living Memory Care

Memory Care Assisted Living Apartments are the perfect environment for residents experiencing the early and middles stages of the Alzheimer’s and dementia journey. Our apartments provide the opportunity to maximize and sustain each resident’s independence. We offer an active daily living program designed to promote a healthy mind and spirit. Involvement in daily activities, such as bird watching in the secured courtyard, is encouraged. Specially trained caregivers are always available to provide guidance and assistance.

American Village is a full continuum campus featuring everything from Garden Homes, Independent Living Apartments, Assisted Living Apartments, Three levels of Memory Care, Long Term Care and Short Term Rehabilitation. We are located on 54 beautiful acres allowing peace and quiet yet convenient to shopping, dining and entertainment. Our well established Community has received many awards with the help and longevity of our staff. American Village received the Community of the Year Award from American Senior Communities in 2013. We have successfully had a “Perfect” annual survey with the Indiana State Board of Health for three consecutive years in a row. Our amazing staff distinguishes us from all others by showing their strong commitment to serve each resident with quality care and excellence.

Features of American Village

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Hiking trails
  • 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: State of Indiana
  • State License(s): 000189

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of American Village