Elmcroft of Byrd Springs

8020 Benaroya Lane SW, Huntsville, AL, 35802

Reviews of Elmcroft of Byrd Springs

MRMFamily February 22, 2015

I have had family living at Elmcroft for over 1.5 years. They relocated here from a facility in Indiana. Though the state regs are different, we have very much appreciated so much about Elmcroft. From the facilities (if there is an issue, it is quickly resolved); to the food (taste buds differ, but the food is always good and there are always options); to the nursing staff (busy, but not too busy to answer questions or take a temperature) to caring staff (many have become like family) who go over and above when caring for family who reside there. Every staff member calls each resident and each other by name. It is not so large that you become "just a resident." The director always, literally, has her door open and is quite approachable. I have popped in to ask questions, request assistance and even planned a surprise party with her assistance - never once being asked to schedule an appointment. With seniors, things just "come up" and often trying to schedule an appointment isn't easily done. Additionally, the director hosts an open caregiver forum bi-monthly where needs/concerns are discussed. My family is pleased with their care and my husband and I are pleased with Elmcroft and would in a heartbeat recommend it to anyone who is looking for a small facility with caring staff.

Thankfulfamily February 22, 2015

Elmcroft is a small community which was important for my father's well being. He has several health issues and the staff are very helpful in his daily care. Staff is very friendly and have become like family. Whenever a concern about Dad's care comes up the executive staff have been very approachable and quick to correct a wrong, offer advice or just give a hug on those difficult days. Elmcroft has giving me a peace of mind knowing they are looking out for my Dad's best interest. I would highly recommend you stop by for a visit. The resident are always involved in some activity,

Reba12 February 19, 2015

You should not consider placing your loved one at Elmcroft at Byrd Springs. There is little or no communication between staff and family. Questions go unanswered and complaints are NOT welcome. The Director is un-approachable and the rest of the staff seems afraid to talk to family. Some residents never leave their bed and do not get fed or bathed, sometimes for days. This is a terrible place and anyone considering this place should visit every day and make sure your relative is ok.

Thank you for your review and feedback. Our priority at Elmcroft of Byrd Springs is to provide the highest level of care and service for our residents. We regret you and your loved one did not experience this level of service. In order to best serve our residents and their families, we have reviewed your specific concerns with our regional and community management teams. In addition, we continue to make our management staff available 7 days a week and strive to respond to all service complaints within 24 hours. Again thank you for your feedback, it’s paramount to helping us better serve our residents and their families.

Sara15 July 20, 2014

Elmcroft of Byrd Springs is very nice. People are congenial, and I can imagine I would get the services that most of the other residents do. They have different size rooms, and I have got the smallest one they have. It is just a one-room studio. Food is pretty good most of the time. We have games, Bingo, card games, and church services. We have sing-alongs, and people come to entertain us.

LovelyLady6 March 31, 2014

Elmcroft was the biggest suite that we could find for my mother-in-law and their facilities had everything we were looking for. You just couldn't ask for better meals. The rooms were clean. They're very accommodating. When you push the call button, there was somebody there within two minutes.

RobinC1 June 07, 2013

Elmcroft Senior Living in Huntsville, Alabama is the epitome of the name "caring". I have recently moved my Mother and Dad to their assisted living facility in Huntsville. My parents have a complicated medication regimen and some other health problems which make their care quite involved for the staff. My Mother is a dialysis patient, and all the Elmcroft staff have been willing to get caring assistance in making sure she is taken to dialysis three days a week where she misses lunch at Elmcroft. The kitchen staff has been so supportive to have a hot bowl of soup waiting for her mid-afternoon as well as meds that have to be taken with food. They have involved my dad in helping care for some of the beautiful plants there, and he loves getting to do some "work" outside. He is a 3rd generation farmer and a career Army man. This move has been hard on my folks because they moved from a home they had lived in for 50 years where they had always worked outside and were constantly with friends at church etc. The entire staff at Elmcroft has reached out to them as if they were their own family.
Thank you Elmcroft and the entire staff for not only helping them, but for helping me, as we travel this journey together even on my "meltdown" days!!!! This is a place I would recommend to friends and family without hesitation. We look forward to every minute we have with Elmcroft Senior Living at Byrd Springs.

Caring 8966 May 11, 2013

Elmcroft of Byrd Springs was a small community. I liked the lay-out of the whole facility. It would have been my choice if my mom had gone into assisted living.

GranmaatHearthstone August 31, 2012

My experience was fairly good. The overall appearance of the building on the outside looked nice, there were elderly people sitting outside on rocking chairs. They looked content. The hallways were clean and vacuumed. The staff was very helpful. My first time visiting, I was not exactly sure where she was staying. They were very helpful on showing me where she was. While I was there, on multiple occasions, I would stay for quite a few hours, and multiple people came and checked on her. The only complaints that I have is that there is not central air and heat, and that the floors, although carpeted, and not padded very well. With the floors being that way, after a little while, my feet hurt. Overall, my grandmother says she is happy there, and is enjoying herself. She says the food is good, and they ensure she takes her meds, which is better than when she was alone.

casap August 17, 2011

Although it was very difficult to place our loved one; Hearthstone and the team have made it a home away from home for her. They have been very willing to think outside of the box to make things work well.

From Elmcroft of Byrd Springs

Residents of Elmcroft of Byrd Springs are proud of the independence they maintain and enjoy the security of 24-hour personalized assistance. While we offer a helping hand with day-to-day tasks such as dressing, bathing and medication monitoring, they are treated as the accomplished individuals they are. They enjoy the freedom of choosing their own agenda and activities, while feeling secure in knowing that we are always there to provide support should they need it.

Features of Elmcroft of Byrd Springs