Sunrise of Dix Hills

337 Deer Park Road, Huntington Station, NY, 11746

Reviews of Sunrise of Dix Hills

Glenn5 January 30, 2014

Mom moved at Sunrise of Dix Hills probably mid of November. The facility is clean, new, and beautiful. We chose that facility because the girl that runs that facility has really a big heart and she cares. She's really smart and she sold me on the place right away. The people that are out and about looked very happy. One of their tenants actually approached me and told me how much she enjoyed the facility. The food smelled good. They have a huge calendar of activities and they have them seven days a week. They provided mom all the supplies that she needs. They have a bus to drive them around if they want to go to places. They have possibly anything that you could want.

Caring Son In Law July 01, 2012

When my mother in law needed an assisted living facility that would accept residents who are in wheelchairs or choices were limited. In fact, Sunrise was the only one in our area that had the license to do so. In the end, we were very happy with them. They provide excellent care and she is actually doing much better cognitively then she did at her previous ALF.

marissadg April 19, 2012

They are extremely kind and courteous here. They treat my grandparents with respect and dignity and they always seem to be well taken care of. The people working at the reception desk always greet me and my parents by name when we go and visit and they always ask how we are. The building is beautifully decorated and is exceptionally clean. They have a very nice physical therapy center as well as a beauty salon for residents to get their hair and nails done. They also always have fruit and baked goods along with coffee, water, and juice out for residents and their visitors. It feels like an actual home, not a care center. The aids that help my grandma in the dementia unit seem to have extreme patience and are always kind to her even if she is being difficult about eating or doing something they need her to do. This place is absolutely wonderful and although it is a business like all other assisted living centers you never feel like it is. They are an assisted living center first, a business second.

Sunrise Facility October 01, 2011

This facility is located in very nice,cool and pleasant place.Since Dix hills is very good neighbourhood,sunrise of dix hills made be very pleasant.i have a relative staying in this facility.The staff in sunrise of dix hills are very nice and friendly.They are good care takers,they always serve with a smile.Smile in the face of the staff is the very feature of the staff.The facilities provided in the sunrise of the dix hills are very good,pleasant.I did not find any negative things in the sunrise of the dix hills.What i feel is ,if they provide some parking place for the people,who want to visit the sunrise of the dix hills,then it will be fine.I recommend this sunrise of the dix hills which is located in Dix Hills,Newyork State,is very pleasant,full of trees and the location where the sunrise of the dix hills is located is traffic free.

From Sunrise of Dix Hills

Located just minutes from the Long Island Expressway and the Northern State, Sunrise of Dix Hills is set in the prestigious section of Dix Hills in a Victorian-style building nestled in a country setting on six acres. Nearby is Huntington Hospital, shopping, banking, and houses of worship. We pride ourselves in our diversified activity program which we offer to all residents.

Step into a Sunrise community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to insure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Sunrise of Dix Hills provides a beautiful home like environment with services and amenities to serve all of our residents needs. Due to our licensing, we are able to provide a broad spectrum of services which allows our residents to age in place.

Features of Sunrise of Dix Hills

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft

• Dining extra: All resident suites have in room kitchenettes

• Staff patient ratio: Dependent on number of Residents and Care Needs

• Licenses: Assisted Living Residence & Special Needs Certification

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Sunrise of Dix Hills