Atria Huntington

165 Beverly Road, Huntington Station, NY, 11746

Reviews of Atria Huntington

Janet110778950 May 13, 2015

The rooms are nice at Atria Huntington. It's a nice place. The dining room looks like a fancy restaurant. They have a movie theater and a library, and they have a lot of activities during the day. My complaint is that I think they charge a little bit too much for some of the other options that they have, like medication and care.

Collene1 January 24, 2015

I went to Atria Huntington in October, and it was a very beautiful facility, very friendly, and had lots of nice activities. The rooms were beautiful. The patients there though were a little bit definitely more high functioning. It's a long walk from the rooms to the dining room and to the central area. I knew my mother being sort of weak, and with the Parkinson's, it would be a little bit hard for her. They don't have a dementia unit, and they don't have a nursing home type of setup. Everybody was walking with walkers; nobody was in a wheelchair.

Caring92747550 August 17, 2014

My mother's room at Atria Huntington is spacious. It has a large bathroom and she has her own mini fridge and microwave. The staff is very good and they are quite knowledgeable. The dining area is very nice and clean at all times. Yes, I would recommend this place because it is very clean and the staff cares for their residents.

Kristen9 January 31, 2014

Atria was not as updated but it was very beautiful and clean. Outside it was an old school as it used to be an old elementary school. There were a lot of trees and very pretty to look out the window. It had rooms that you could share where you had your own private bedroom and bathroom, but you had a shared foyer and front door. The people working there were very sweet. Everyone knew everyone's name. While we were taking a tour, the people showing us around knew every resident's name as they passed by. The residents knew them and it was a really nice experience.

happycamper1 September 30, 2011

A good friend of my Mother's moved to the Atria a few years ago. I have visited her with my Mom on several occassions. The staff is wonderful and treats everyone so nice. The facility is clean and well taken care. They do such nice things for everyone, and make even the visitors feel welcome. The people all seem to be happy and friendly. The staff keeps everyone busy and has a lot of things going on. No one is ever bored or lonely. They have day trips and a lot of fun things to keep everyone happy. The food is great and they have special events for all the holidays. They keep all of the residents busy and happy. Who could ask for anything more. My Mom enjoyed visiting her dear friend, and was vey pleased to see that assised living can be so positive.

SnowboardEddie June 01, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

A family member was at the Huntington Atria for 4 years. It is a lovely place that seems to care deeply about the people. The staff is wonderful and they go out of their way to help family and friends feel welcome. The facility is bright and clean and very comfy. It feels more like ones home or appartment. The food is healthy and very tasty. The dinning area is well lighted and comfortable. The staff makes everyone feel special. We had many chances to stay and eat with our family member, and we never felt like we were in the way or unwelcome. The facility has many fun activities, encluding many outtings in their own bus. Bingo and game night are especially enjoyed by everyone. The best part is the way the staff seems to really care about the people. I would gladly recommend this facility to everyone.

From Atria Huntington

Set on 14 acres, Atria Huntington is surrounded by a serene walking path in beautiful, residential Huntington Station. Lounge by our fireplace in the winter months or relax on the patio on a warm summer day. Enjoy a delicious meal in our restaurant-style dining room, which offers varied menu choices, including kosher-style selections. Atria Huntington is just minutes from shopping, community centers, and places of worship.

Atria Huntington provides the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Café
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartment, community and grounds
  • Medication assistance
  • Scheduled transportation
  • Kosher-style dining
  • Chapel
  • Computer center
  • On-site physical therapy provider

We are located on 14 acres of country-side property, nestled in a quiet neighborhood. Our one floor ranch-like layout with extra wide halls make it easy for residents and families to get around the community, while allowing ease of access for those who use walkers, wheelchairs or scooters.

Features of Atria Huntington

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Large Hunt Club for social gatherings, private dining room for family parties and gatherings.

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: None

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits