Sunrise of Huntington Beach

7401 Yorktown Avenue, Huntington Beach, CA, 92648

Reviews of Sunrise of Huntington Beach

Veta December 21, 2015

Sunrise of Huntington Beach was really clean, immaculate on the inside, very homey as if you're in a wonderful cottage, and had a lot of furniture nicely appointed throughout the facility. It was a little pricey for larger rooms, but they're nicely appointed and very pretty. They had studios and pricier suites. The staff was very nice, very friendly, and very knowledgeable. There were quite a number of activities and a bus that took clients on trips. They also had memory care programs in case you're having difficulty with your memory. They had a wonderful dining room setup. It wasn't just one dining room -- it was setup in small and large sections. They had an active clientele, but they did seem to be older.

Leslie46 July 29, 2015

The staff was really friendly, and the residents seemed very happy. The food was good. They had a lot of activities including a walk on the hill. The grounds were really pretty. The rooms were big, very new, and well kept up. The one I really noticed was the walking group. It seems very dedicated, and they walk everyday. They had a garden in the back with a hill that they walk up and down on. They had a full calendar of activities. They also had bus tours up and down the coast so you could see the beach. The security was very good. Everything was covered with cameras. If my father had come to California, he would have gone to Sunrise of Huntington Beach. They knew all the residents by name. I had lunch there, and they really interacted with the residents a lot. A lot of the staff had been there for many years, and they had developed real care for the place and the residents.

Caring97196150 October 30, 2014

I like Sunrise of Huntington Beach. It was small. It was a very nice place and very well run. It was very nice and very pleasant. The dining area was very nice. Everything was very nice. The rooms were adequate. The building was new and that was a big bonus. Everybody was really great because I went in there and they gave the tour. They have a really nice snack area and different seating areas throughout the facility. It was very, very nice.

Hari Prem July 03, 2014

Sunrise ia a beautiful residence with three levels of care. The care is very good, attentive to the needs of my mom, food is good, environment is so comfortable and I can rest now. It is expensive due to the memory care.

Angeli Leggitt March 19, 2013

We were looking at options to move my mom and dad in a facility. We toured Sunrise of Huntington Beach. It was excellent and was a very nice facility. The staff were cheerful, excellent, and looked very efficient. The rooms were beautifully appointed and the dining room was very clean and looked sufficient. The environment looked comfortable and was very nice. The residents that I saw seemed very happy.

nohlranch August 28, 2012

This is a nice facility. I live really close to it in Huntington Beach. They offer many different units - studios, one bedroom, and two bedroom. We picked a one bedroom facility here for my grandmother in law. The facility here is nice and furnished; there's a queen sized bed, dresser, table to right on, couch set, and TV. There's also an emergency button in the room, in case anything happens and immediate assistance is needed. In addition, we've scheduled with staff members there to help my grandmother in law at scheduled times. She gets help with bathing, dressing, and medication. The medication part is really important because grandmother in law doesn't have a good memory, so she either forgets to take her medicine or she forgets that she forgot to take in. There's also a lot of public spaces. There's lounges where residents play cards or board games, or they just hang out and chat. There's also a media room where there's plenty of DVDs and shows that residents can watch on demand. In addition to inside spaces, there are also nice walking trails and courtyard areas with chairs.

From Sunrise of Huntington Beach

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. Sunrise of Huntington Beach in California stops at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites, to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent at Sunrise is a welcome one.

Sunrise of Huntington Beach is built on a commitment to our residents and their families. We believe no two people are alike, so the services and attention we provide should never be exactly the same. That's also why we offer a variety of lifestyle, service and care options. By providing these choices, we not only offer solutions for today, but we provide the security of knowing that there are options for tomorrow.

We offer both assisted living and a separate secure area for residents that have Alzheimer's or dementia. In addition, we offer Terrace Club, which is geared for seniors with earlier stages of memory loss. This unique approach helps seniors stay more focused, be less anxious and strives to help slow the progression of further memory loss. Sunrise offers personalized care for each resident's specific needs, so our seniors are able to age in place.

Features of Sunrise of Huntington Beach