The Abbey at Westminster Plaza

2865 Westminster Plaza Dr, Houston, TX, 77082

Reviews of The Abbey at Westminster Plaza

Murray1 November 25, 2015

The Abbey is a new, clean, and well-organized facility. They were pleasant to work with.

David103678750 March 14, 2015

We choose The Abbey at Westminster Plaza for my parents. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. The rooms are first class, brand new, and have the latest technology. They have the best food I sampled from all the places I checked. They have a phenomenal theater room, an in-door pool, a beautiful workout facility, a trainer, a nice patio, and an ice cream parlor.

Charles40 August 27, 2014

The Abbey is fine but they didn't really have a two-bedroom unit available. They just had a bedroom, a living room, and then an open space for a day bed. It wasn't exactly what I needed, but it was real nice. I saw an exercise class and I saw a bridge game going on.

Randy P., Houston, TX February 18, 2013

My Dad lived at The Abby for almost two years. For those who have loved ones in a facility, we know how difficult it can be at times for the staff and caretakers at these facilities, and yet we still would like to think that our loved ones get the love and care that they need and deserve. We feel so blessed to have had our Dad at The Abby. From the Administration, to the front desk personnel, to the dining personnel, to the health and nursing personnel, to the maintenance personnel, to the cleaning personnel.............everyone seemed to always have a happy, caring, loving attitude. What a wonderful feeling to know that our Dad lived out his life there in the care of these amazing people.

Caroline2 August 14, 2012

I am currently living in The Abbey. I like the facility a lot more compared to others. I like the people around. The staff are helpful and friendly. The people in the community are educated and fun. I like how the apartments were setup. I got an apartment with one bedroom and a kitchenette with a microwave. I have a refrigerator inside, too. The food is 99 times fantastic out of 100.

From The Abbey at Westminster Plaza

Independent Living and Assisted Living Community

Our Senior Living Community offers spacious 55+ Luxury Independent Living apartments designed to suit your lifestyle so you can finally focus on the things you love! With easy access to Beltway 8 and two blocks West of Royal Oaks Country Club.

The Abbey at Westminster Plaza is nestled on eight acres of meticulously landscaped grounds. You can choose from a variety of lifestyle options including Assisted Living, Memory Enhancement and the newest addition of a four-story 144 unit Independent Living Community. Considered some of the largest in the Houston area, our spacious apartments are fully customized with granite countertops, full kitchens with stainless steel appliances, washer and dryer, wood floors, crown molding and individual climate controls. Step into our beautifully appointed lobby complete with onsite dining, indoor heated swimming pool, spa and a sports lounge for entertaining. And for your peace of mind, we offer onsite security, 24-hour concierge services and a covered parking garage.

The Abbey at Westminster Plaza also boasts a Health & Wellness Center with rehab services and a hydrotherapy pool. Come experience worry-free living. From the minute you enter, you’ll feel right at home.

Memory Care

One of the attractive features of The Abbey at Westminster Plaza is our Alzheimer’s Community, which was carefully designed to provide the best possible setting for those with memory impairment. Self-esteem is encouraged and fostered through success-oriented activities, emotional support, and family involvement.

Our experienced staff receives specialized training regarding the challenges of caring for residents with dementia. All within a secured environment, our residents enjoy an elegant family room, fine restaurant-style dining, a beautifully landscaped courtyard and patio area, and a sunroom.

Families can choose between a private apartment or a semi-private apartment, for those who prefer the companionship of a roommate. Every room is spacious and has large windows with custom treatments. Our around-the-clock staff is available to continuously meet resident needs. Rates are based on the type of apartment chosen with all levels of care included.

Amenities:

Our amenities provide a place to pursue hobbies, visit with longtime friends, and have the opportunity to meet new ones. These special features include:

• Wellness centers
  • Elegant restaurant-style dining rooms in a charming atmosphere
  • Comfortable family rooms and lounges
  • Library
  • Sunrooms
  • Exercise Gym
  • General Store
  • Movie Theater
  • Arts and Crafts
  • Outdoor Garden & Cafe
  • Computer Lab with basic training, e-mail, and video conferencing to help you stay in touch with your family and friends

Services:

The Abbey Independent Living Community at Westminster Plaza prides itself on being an all-inclusive Senior Living Community. Amenities include:

• Three chef prepared meals per day seven days a week
  • An extensive activity program
  • Transportation
  • Sports lounge for entertaining
  • Hair salon and barbershop
  • Spa services
  • Indoor heated swimming pool
  • Outdoor patio complete with fireplace and kitchen
  • Housekeeping, maintenance, and onsite security
  • 24 hour concierge services
  • Dog Park and a covered parking garage.

We are privately owned and operated by a Texas family with over 60 years of industry experience. Our Senior Living Community offers spacious 55+ Luxury Independent Living apartments designed to suit your lifestyle so you can finally focus on the things you love!

Features of The Abbey at Westminster Plaza

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Housing extra: Shared living

• 24-hour security gate
  • Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Tai chi

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 100256