Elmcroft of Cy-Fair

11246 Fallbrook, Houston, TX, 77065

Reviews of Elmcroft of Cy-Fair

Prinzora November 06, 2014

Elmcroft is amazing! It is very warm and inviting. The staff celebrate the individuality of each resident and constantly call families to let them know how mom or dad is doing. When you walk in, you get that comfortable feeling and are usually greeted with a hug. The residents are engaged and happy...so much going on. I am jealous of my grandmother because she has so much excitement

bevmoc October 17, 2014

great place! Looked at so many places before choosing Elmcroft. Staff is very nice and helpful with the process. Entire staff gives great care. They make family and residents part of a big family. Your loved one will be well taken care of here. They genuinely care for them, it's not fake. Thanks to everyone for taking care of my dad.

Karin3 August 30, 2014

My sister moved in to Elmcroft. It’s all been good so far and the price was right. When we brought her there, everybody was really welcoming and warm to her and they’ve continued to be that way. Everybody has really been nice to her and they've treated her with respect. She loves the activities. I haven’t seen any outings yet, but they always have people come in to entertain them and they play a lot of games. They have activities to bring them together. She’s happy with the food, too. She has a studio apartment. Their director is very much involved with all the people there. She is always walking around, talking to each person, getting to know them, and figuring out how she can help -- she finds ways to get them more engaged. She just doesn’t leave it to her staff; she’s out there talking to each person herself every day. She’s very, very happy there.

joyce31 March 27, 2014

Elmcroft of Cy-Fair is basically one big building, it's in a circle and in the middle there's a very nice courtyard with birds. My father is there for several months now. It appears to be a nice place. They seemed to be trying their hardest to keep him happy, they appear to be helpful, too. They have people that keep the common area clean, as well as the cafeteria, and someone comes to clean his unit at least weekly. He has an occupant's unit and it's nice. They have activities going on all throughout the day. I don’t fully get into the activities, I just know that they have activities for the residents. I think they're making changes, they have various management and staffing changes. I just hope they maintain their full staff, there are a number of people who left already. It would also be nice if the doctors that they have come through could personally be able to look at the patients.

LRivet July 26, 2013

Warm, friendly, informed, professional staff. The facility seems like a "happy place" to work and live and is part of the reason we chose this community for Dad. After visiting many area assisted living locations, we chose Elmcroft because of the STAFF - the real difference. Our Dad is a tough case to deal with. With their help, he is already in a better frame of mind, out socializing, and smiling. Who would've thought? It has only been a few DAYS, but what a difference the fresh start and attentive staff had made. Thanks Elmcroft!

donna kae July 12, 2013

I want to tell how wonderful the staff is at Elmcroft Cy-Fair. My mother was not happy to be going into an assisted living facility and was very upset and confused and really needed people who were trained and caring to help her through her difficult time adjusting. They went over the top in care for her and made us feel so good about the way they were loving on her and careing for her and they encouraged us all the time that she would be ok. She now says to me all the time the staff is so good to me and they are such nice people. I really encourage people looking for an assisted living facility to go and take a tour and talk to the staff. They also prepare very good meals for the residents and also are concerned that the residents are happy.The place is always so clean and nice.

good care July 10, 2013

I truly like this care facility. My mother, Kay, lives at Elmcroft of Cy Fair. I visit her at different times of the day during the week, and the staff are always there for her and the others who live there.
I have come to know the great heart and dedication of the people who work at Elmcroft, and I owe them a debt of gratitude for way they love and care for my Mom. The entire staff is friendly, warm and welcoming. The Executive Director, Mary Catherine, Elizabeth, Medical Director, Abby, Community Relations; Kendra, Business office; Shondra, Community Director; Cardell, activities, the skilled nursing staff, Chef, and Housekeeping services are all extremely compassionate and passionate about the services they provide. Just this morning my mom said, "everyone is so nice to me here". If you are looking for a safe and caring place for you loved ones, I encourage you to consider this facility.

The food is very good--well balanced meals, good choices. Also, there are plenty of daily activities,

If there is a problem, it is handled immediately and resolved in the most professional way possible. I communicated through email a problem we were having and received a reply immediately telling me they were working on the issue and it was taken care of quickly. The staff greets anyone who walks through the doors, they are never too busy to say hello, making visitors/family feel most welcome. We had a first-hand experience with this one night several weeks ago. My son and his family (4 young children, ......1 newborn) were visiting us from out of state, and I took them to visit mom. Since we were running a little late that evening, the front door was locked but we were immediately greeted at the door by Shondra, the staff member who works afternoons and evenings. She introduced herself to my family and made them feel very welcome while escorting us to mom's room. After about 15 minutes; Shondra walked in mom's room with cake!!!!! (I'm sure the cake was leftover from a celebration that afternoon, but, clearly, she went out of her way to do this.) When we were leaving; both she and my mom walked us to the front door, Shondra hugged us, kissed the kids, and gave my son and family a fond farewell. This was my son's first visit to see his grandmother since she moved to Elmcroft, so he was concerned about her well-being.

As we drove away, mom and Shondra were standing at the front door waving to us. My son looked at me and said,

"grandma is in a good place."

This family appreciates this 'good place'.

Barbara

shoppinggirl July 26, 2011

I came here as a volunteer. I am a special ed teacher and my students were volunteering. They had so much fun. The staff were so friendly. We all went on a tour and we got to see the main unit and the Alzheimer's unit. The atmosphere was bright and cheery. It was clean and didn't stink (like some other nursing homes that I have been to). The residents looked like they were well taken care of. I talked with several of them and they were very friendly. After the tour, we went and participated in some of their daily activities. They had an exercise class. The instructor was very entertaining and the residents were having a blast and getting in shape. Then, the director asked if we wanted to participate in a different activity- painting nails. So, we moved on and I had the opportunity to paint the nails of some of the ladies. The ladies there were a hoot! I had so much fun. I highly recommend this facility to anyone!

Raleighdaughter May 25, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My girlfriend's father currently resides at Hearthstone. The employees there seem to be very caring and genuinely responsible for the residents. Every time we have visited the home, a attendee has come and checked up on us and updated us on how Pop is doing. The other residents are always so happy to see us visit and we have gotten to know many of the residents when we visit the large community room. We actually even shared a meal at the home a couple of times and the food was not terrible. The home also allows for residents to have food delivered to the home, so that seems like a nice way to add a little spice to their meal plans. Nursing homes can be scary, but I think Hearthstone has done a great job in counter acting this stereotype and providing a positive place to live.

From Elmcroft of Cy-Fair

Residents of Elmcroft of Cy-Fair are proud of the independence they maintain and enjoy the security of 24-hour personalized assistance. While we offer a helping hand with day-to-day tasks such as dressing, bathing and medication monitoring, they are treated as the accomplished individuals they are. They enjoy the freedom of choosing their own agenda and activities, while feeling secure in knowing that we are always there to provide support should they need it.

Features of Elmcroft of Cy-Fair

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 030099