Brookdale The Heights

2121 Pinegate Dr., Houston, TX, 77008

Promotion ends in 17 days!

IT'S YOUR MOVE. LOCK IN THE 2017 RATE FOR LIFE. Lock in a rate that will never change for residents who take financial possession of an apartment by December 23, 2016. *New residents only. Excludes care costs and other fees. Additional details may apply.

Reviews of Brookdale The Heights

Doris13 September 10, 2013

I liked the Hampton very much and it was very nice. It was kind of expensive but you get what you pay for. The rooms were very nice and spacious. The staff was most helpful and willing to take me where I want to go. The residents were also very friendly.

ahzee November 20, 2012

Disappointing. Moved my mother in in May of 2012. it took 30 days to get them to do the insert for the refrigerator and microwave they promised would be done in the day after she moved in. I requested they do her laundry, they agreed. We set up a payment schedule $7.00 per load. They never did the laundry. I ended up taking the laundry home and finding medications in the pockets of her clothing, because they were not making sure she was taking the medication. I spoke to the Executive Director about this, and was assured she'd take care of it, and it has happened four additional times--each time i have spoken to the ED and nothing has changed. The medicine supervisors also have the tendency to hand the medication to whoever is with my mom and ask them to give her the medication (even once when someone was standing next to her in the elevator) so much for privacy and dignity. In addition they tell you the residents are given food choices when the reality is that a pre-prepared plate is set in front of the resident with out care for choice. the activities programming is almost non-existent (scheduled things don't always happen and few things are scheduled). I've been paying for "stand by" shower assist only to discover my mom has been hanging her urine soaked cloths in the shower to dry. The team has either been a) taking the clothing out of the shower (not doing the laundry I ask them to do) and then have her take her shower and then they rehang the clothes in the shower or B) They don't see she gets the shower- but they charge for the service. The most recent incident is when I made a request for a light bulb on November 7th because my mom gets up at night to use the restroom. On the 9th I got a call (I was out of town) that she fell but was "ok" I asked if they had changed the bulb, they said "no" but they would do it immediately. On the 11th I got a call that she fell but was "ok" i again asked if the bulb had been changed? I was told "no, but they would do a maintenance request" I called my mother on the 13th and she said she fell again and got herself up. I called the community and found out the ED was out of town and then I called the Vice President of the region, I discussed my concerns and told him I was out of town but was out getting a light bulb so when I returned I'd replace it. He assured me I did not need to buy a bulb and that he would contact the regional director to deal with the situation. She (the regional Director) called me on the 14th and assured me she would deal with the situations (care, showers, meals, med passes and light bulb) on the 15th my mother fell in the dark going to the restroom hitting her head, bruising her buttocks and breaking a finger. No bulb had been changed. I took her to the emergency room. I returned from the hospital with her and changed the light bulb. Then after I called the regional director to let her know my mom had fallen and broken a finger, the maintenance guy shows up to change the bulb.????? To top that off I gave the pain medication to the visiting wellness nurse ( the community nurse quit or was fired) and told her I needed to make sure my mom "got " the medication and "actually takes it" and told her how they have been found in her pockets and the med passers are handing it to others to give to my mom and she assured me it won't happen like that anymore. Sat Nov 17th two days after that conversation the Med passer hands a friend visiting my mom her medication and asked her to give it to my mom, and then later that day on the next med pass hands it to a friend in the elevator to give to my mom. The upshot is that while I am currently looking for a safe environment for my mom I've had to go to the extreme of hiring a "sitter" to make sure she is cared for, until I can get her to a good place.

houstongal October 28, 2012

The place is beautiful and clean. The staff is very friendly. But after moving my mother there, I have been very disappointed in the level of care she is getting. They are completely understaffed. Therefore mistakes are made and care is neglected. Meds are not given out on a timely basis. The meds are sometimes given out incorrectly (which I've witnessed myself more than once). They leave out pills, or give too many sometimes. In my opinion, that's unacceptable. I've asked that my mother get regular assisted baths and they continually put it off until I get in their face about it. My mother is unable to make her own decisions at this point, and they keep putting off giving her bath because that's "her choice". I don't know how much longer I can keep her there and feel good about it.

Currently, the company is apparently more concerned about bottom line than they are the residents.

smurfette80 May 19, 2012

The staff were always courteous, and the facilities were always clean. There were some instances of communication problems - for instance, we would try to schedule my grandmother to have her hair done, and the appointment would get canceled. But, since she may have been telling them to cancel it or that she didn't want her hair done, we can't really blame the facility for that. I especially liked that relatives of residents had the option to eat with them in the dining room. We were able to enjoy a few meals together with my grandmother in her new home before she passed away. I will be forever grateful to the staff at The Hampton for caring for her in the last months of her life.

SteveRodd June 24, 2011

The experience had with the mentioned facility was quite pleasant. They were very welcoming, and the atmosphere was very relaxed. The employees did everything in their power to make sure I felt at home. I really look forward to staying that the Hampton at Pinegate this year and years coming. My children also felt comfortable at the idea of me living there. They were happy that I was happy.

From Brookdale The Heights

Brookdale The Heights provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale The Heights

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• State License(s): 030162