Brookdale Tanglewood

505 Bering Dr., Houston, TX, 77057

Reviews of Brookdale Tanglewood

February 23, 2016

By Robin120693750

My father is in assisted living at Brookdale Tanglewood. It's close to us, and the people are nice. They have outings and different things going on almost every day. We’re having some problems with them over their saying things that they haven’t done yet and lack of communication, but I think that's because it's still new. The staff is great. The only thing that’s been a negative is communication. One person says something, then another person doesn’t know about it. One person says something else and the other person still doesn’t know about it. Everything else has been very good.

August 05, 2015

By Robin49

I moved my Aunt in Brookdale Tanglewood last January. The staff there is very professional, yet loving and caring. My first visit with Mary, the director, was 3 hours long. They shared stories and just took their time to talk with me. They were not in a hurry to know my concerns, and I was impressed. Caitlyn, the lady who gave me a tour, also gave me a cookie. It was a quiet community with a new carpet and larger rooms with full bathroom and a little kitchenette. They had an internet and a computer access for all residents. They also had a lot of activities. There were even posters of it, so the residents and guests were well informed. They also had very good home-made food. Residents could choose any food they like on the menu. They had granite counter tops and high ceilings in their dining room. After all, I felt very secured and comfortable for my aunt to be there.

July 04, 2015

I like Brookdale Tanglewood (Formerly The Hampton at Tanglewood), but they don't have independent living there. The rooms were smaller than the other places we visited. They have a book club, games, trips, and outings.

February 11, 2015

I liked everything about Brookdale Tanglewood. The staff was good. I tried everything, and it was very nice. I liked that they had bingo and other good activities.

November 08, 2014

By Not Happy0114

My mother lived at the Tanglewood Property for nearly two years. Expensive and highly incompetent "nursing" staff. Would not recommend to anyone. Dirty needles left in my mom's room, she has been overdosed twice, she been in filth all night, room stinks of urine and given a room with a dirty carpet to start with, ignored, neglected, horrible caregivers, and medication disappeared. The thanks we received from the facility? Rent increased by $1200.

This is very concerning to us and we take this matter seriously. If you have not already done so, we hope that you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

Photos of Brookdale Tanglewood

Features of Brookdale Tanglewood

About Brookdale Tanglewood

Brookdale Tanglewood provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Tanglewood