Brookdale Shadowlake

2835 Shadowbriar Dr., Houston, TX, 77077

Promotion ends in 16 days!

IT'S YOUR MOVE. LOCK IN THE 2017 RATE FOR LIFE. Lock in a rate that will never change for residents who take financial possession of an apartment by December 23, 2016. *New residents only. Excludes care costs and other fees. Additional details may apply.

Reviews of Brookdale Shadowlake

Robin112226950 August 31, 2015

My mother-in-law is at Brookdale Shadowlake. She is having a good experience there. I'm very happy with it. The facility has been recently refurbished. Everything is new, like a new paint and new carpet. The kitchen area has nice granite, and it is nice and clean, so that's good. The staff is really friendly and very helpful. Each time we call, they are very accommodating. These are the things that I like. My mother-in-law is in an apartment by herself. It is a nice little apartment. She has her own bathroom with a tiled floor. She also has a little microwave and refrigerator, so she can keep some food and eat what she wants when she wants to. She has a washer and dryer right down the hall. One thing that I really like about it is that there are only like 20 to 24 units in each building, so it is small. My mother-in-law used to be from a small town in Oklahoma, and other places would just overwhelm her, so it has been nice that this facility is small and that there are not too many residents. It is a good fit for her. They play bingo, and they have movies on Saturday. They take them shopping to different places. Also, they just kind of sit around and hang out. They have lots of nice covered porches, screened-in porches, and balconies. I would recommend this place. We are very happy with it.

Erma3 July 15, 2015

Brookdale Shadowlake was nice, but not as nice as the other one. They were very nice and friendly, and the sanitation wasn't bad. It was clean, and there was no odor. They explained everything as far as they could go.

Maria45 June 01, 2015

Brookdale Shadowlake was a nice facility. The staff was great. They were very helpful and accommodating. The rooms could stand a little improvement, but they were nice. For activities, they did not have that many. Their dining area was nice.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts. We are committed to continuous quality service and care and will share your feedback with our management team.

Julie106855150 May 22, 2015

My mother has in Brookdale Shadowlake for almost a year now. We chose it because of the layout. It has different houses rather than several stories high like a lot of them. They have something like four houses, and she is in house number 3 which is just really homey and has a very comfortable setup. The rooms are great and very nice. They are just like little apartment with their own refrigerator, very nice big window, and big bathrooms with walk in showers. They have everything like bingo, crafts, and art lessons. They have birthday parties, and they have entertainment come in. Then they have fitness exercise and weekly outings. This particular Brookdale I like because of the way it is setup. It makes you feel like you are in a home rather than an apartment complex. But even though I like the facility, the staff is not 100% the way I would like them to be. Most places you cannot get the best staff. There might be like two out of six that are really good. The rest of them you have to kind of watch and stay on top of what they are doing if they are really taking care of my mother. I'm there a lot for several hours -- sometimes really late at night. That's when I can tell that the staff at night is not the best.

We are happy to hear you enjoy the layout and activities, but are disappointed to hear that you are experiencing staffing concerns. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

Robin Mommie April 30, 2015

Everybody was very nice at Brookdale Shadowlake. They also have amenities for the residents. I can't remember all their activities, but I know they have play cards. I would recommend this facility for someone who wants to be in an assisted living.

Barbara103881250 March 31, 2015

Brookdale Shadowlake was much, much less expensive, and it showed. You get what you pay for. I didn't see any residents the whole time I visited, and I was out in the main area. I didn't see any caregivers. My mother would not have been happy there. It was a low cost, but if your loved one needs help and needs interaction and things to do, that was not the place. I didn't like the rooms. The one they showed me, somebody had moved out, and they had not done anything with it. It was just a single room -- larger -- but it was very dark and depressing to me. I was very disappointed. It was very institutional.

We appreciate you taking the time to visit and share your concerns with us. Please be assured that we are passionately committed to serving our residents. Our goal is to provide an individualized plan of care to fit our residents' needs. We will share your feedback to help better serve our residents and their families in the future.

Caring98905850 December 20, 2014

My mother has been at Brookdale Shadowlake for a month and a half. It is a very small community. She has memory loss, so a large setting is confusing to her. They have excellent staff. The rooms are very nicely sized, and the food is good. You order weekly off of a menu that has several different choices per day. They have Bingo, card games, and board games that they play. They have people that come in and do manicures for them, and there is an exercise group, so there is plenty for her to do. They just remodeled it, and it turned out beautifully.

Caring54301550 October 27, 2014

Brookdale Shadowlake is an expensive facility, but it's very nice. The staff were very nice as well. I like that the facility is well kept and clean. The rooms are spacious enough -- not that huge -- but with enough room.

Yvonne17 August 26, 2014

My mother moved to Brookdale. The place is clean, well maintained, and the people there are caring and professional. The layout is nice -- there is a screened-in porch where they could sit outside in the evening and there is a patio area and a facility where they can sit together and play games together. In one building they have a dining area in case a family member wants to have something for a resident like a birthday party. She is in a one-bedroom apartment and it has a shower, a utility closet, and a large closet. It is handicapped accessible. They have plenty of things for her to do -- they have Bingo, exercise programs, a library, and different activities representing different countries each month. For instance, this month it's Greece. The dining facility is very clean and they have a personalized service where someone will wait on them. I’ve seen it and it’s like a restaurant. There’s somebody there 24/7 and they have adequate staff. They also have nurses on duty to help distribute medication.

Nancy66119450 August 24, 2014

My mother has been living in Brookdale for a couple of years now. She’s doing well. She’s in memory care right now, but we don’t eat the food. They have Bingo and all kinds of stuff going for them. The staff is pretty good, but sometimes it’s hard to get new people to do what you want them to do. The dining room is too small for a memory care facility. She’s always very compliant and seems to be okay there.

Caring88517850 June 30, 2014

The Hampton at Shadow Lake was like home. It has a completely different feeling from a nursing home. They have a licensed nurse on-site 24 hours a day, routine wellness consultations with Brookdale clinical team, consultation regarding your needs, emergency response, and assistance. They serve nutritious meals, snacks planned by a registered dietitian. They have daily programs, outings, and celebration opportunities. They provide housekeeping, weekly laundry, maintenance of building, grounds, and trash service.

Susan was very patient. She answered all my questions, and I have had call backs from her since I've been there. The apartments looked very homey for one person. It seemed just about what I would need. She has invited me to come and try the food. I didn't see anything that drew me away from considering the place. But I found out they're very expensive.

Caring80370450 March 31, 2014

We did visit Hampton. I think all that was really good. They were just way too much money. I think the ratio for my parents was not as good. It looks like they have card playing and bingo. I saw the rooms. They were really pretty, and the bathrooms were pretty spacious. It's a really nice facility.

Caring79356150 March 29, 2014

The reason why I chose The Hampton was mainly because it seemed like the environment was a little bit warmer. It was more like individual cottages, so the layout of the community itself seemed more homey. The staff was very nice. The director of the dementia care where my mother is, is very attentive and very hands-on. The rooms are a very good size. I feel like they're in a little small studio apartment. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the facility, but there are some things that I wish would get better, but I'm pretty sure it's because of the weather. In the Alzheimer/dementia care unit, they don't go out as much or at all as far as I know. I don't know if it has been too cold, but I'm optimistic that it gets where they can get out a little bit more and do more things as the weather warms up and it gets better. Other than that, everything else is pretty good.

Caring81129750 March 26, 2014

I thought Hampton Shadowlake was really nice. I just didn't think it was a good fit for my dad. I didn't like the layout. But I thought it was a nice and well-managed facility. I think my issue with the area is that it's too far out.

Christine20 October 22, 2013

Hampton was very clean. I liked how the rooms were set up. The staff was nice but not as informative as the lady that normally did the tour. The rooms are clean and spacious. I would like to see them gated though so the residents can walk around. They didn't seem to have many activities.

Mark17 July 24, 2013

The only reason we did not choose Hampton at Shadowlake was because the apartments were arranged like studio-type. And that would not work for my mother. The staff were good.

From Brookdale Shadowlake

Brookdale Shadowlake provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Shadowlake

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Licenses: Assisted Living TypeA/B

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Shadowlake