Brookdale Memorial Oaks

1414 Sandy Springs Rd., Houston, TX, 77042

Reviews of Brookdale Memorial Oaks

September 26, 2013

By Judy40

Emeritus at Memorial has been a very nice place for my mom. She didn't go willingly but I think she wouldn't have in any place. They've done everything they can to make the transition easier for her. I visit my mother often and I'm constantly in touch with them and her. So far it seems to work out very well for her.

July 24, 2013

By Mark17

Emeritus at Memorial was even better than the place where my mom stayed. However, the configuration of the room was that they would have to put a refrigerator, microwave and bedroom. Other than that, it was very comfortable.

June 12, 2013

By caring42081

I visited Emeritus for my dad. It was a clean facility. They had nice people working there. They were very accommodating too. The residents had lots of activities to participate in. However, the place is not within our budget.

October 25, 2012

By Shay85

They have the absolute best staff. I was very impressed by the facility due to its cleanliness, food, and most importantly, the happy demeanor of the workers there. This happiness rubbed off onto the residents .Their professionalism and courtesy is what makes this facility such a happy place, they're very caring and loving while no place will ever be perfect they are close to it. Never once have I seen anyone subjected to any ill treatment and each worker has had endless patience with the families questions, requests and concerns. They put their heart into helping the patients during dinners, activities and personal care needs. They have never called unwarranted, and have acted in very professional manners when the patients have had any issues. Should Alzheimer's be an issue, they also have a fantastic memory care section that provides extra support and memory pertinent stimulation. Emeritus is a definite must-see for those interested.

August 28, 2012

By swagger

The facility was in very clean, well kept condition. The relative I had staying there seemed to be happy with her location. She liked her view of the garden. The general attitude and feeling in the facility was rather chipper and upbeat, considering. Some of the places I've had to visit have been a little down and dumpy. This place, the Emeritus, was not like those. Generally this place was in good shape. The recreation areas were well kept as well, and I got to take a look at the event calendar that had been planned for the residents. It seemed like there was plenty to do for the residents. The grounds were in great shape and looked wonderful. My relative's neighbors were also very kind, and they had developed a good friendship, much to my liking. The attendants, or whatever they would be called, I met were kind and attentive. Overall, this place was a very good facility.

February 02, 2012

By commercesd

The Emeritus at Memorial assisted living facility in Houston is a beautiful community with a lovely, hotel style atmosphere at the foyer. We visited there as a possible home for our aunt. The landscaping was nicely appointed, featuring many places to enjoy around the building grounds. The back of the property featured a lovely park-like space with large trees and well-kept, nicely manicured landscaping. The interior design of the main rooms were a bit dated, but was clean and had plenty of space. The gorgeous views made up for the décor and the ceiling fans and open windows provided plenty of fresh air and light. Residents enjoy the many nooks and crannies where ample seating areas adorn the many windows. The main dining room was spacious with a comfortable decor. The residents enjoy home-style cooking in a restaurant like setting. The food smelled and looked delicious and healthy. The menus included some exotic dishes for variety, which also looked delicious. Snacks are offered throughout the day and whenever the residents request them. The private spaces were nicely decorated and looked very homey, with plenty of light and fresh air. Each unit has beautiful views of the woodsy surrounding area. Bathrooms include safety rails and seats. We were impressed by the calendar of activities, which included plenty of fun and stimulating things like a variety of physical exercise such as a ball toss, nature walks and visits into town, where they can enjoy everything that Houston has to offer. The fitness center offers daily exercise classes, and the equipment is available any time, as are the DVD classes. Residents enjoy safely navigating the many pathways and courtyard for exercise, as well. The residents all looked very content and well taken care of by very kind staff, in a stimulating, yet peaceful living environment.

Photos of Brookdale Memorial Oaks

Features of Brookdale Memorial Oaks

About Brookdale Memorial Oaks

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Memorial Oaks