Brookdale Kingwood

929 Rockmead Drive, Houston, TX, 77339

Promotion ends in 16 days!

IT'S YOUR MOVE. LOCK IN THE 2017 RATE FOR LIFE. Lock in a rate that will never change for residents who take financial possession of an apartment by December 23, 2016. *New residents only. Excludes care costs and other fees. Additional details may apply.

Reviews of Brookdale Kingwood

Greg27 December 15, 2015

Brookdale Kingwood was a very nice place. It had a memory care unit and assisted living, and everything was nice. The rooms were just too small for our taste for my dad. When I say they're three stars, I'm not criticizing. To me, a three is above average. The staff was very nice, pleasant, and helpful.

Martha48 July 07, 2015

Brookdale Kingwood (The Terrace at Kingwood) was very nice. They showed me the assisted and independent living areas. When they found out my mother was still driving, they said I might be interested in the independent living. I thought the apartments were very nice. They had a full kitchen, and there was plenty of room. They had a social director, and they had activities posted. They had different rooms for different activities like games, cards, and dominoes. I really liked it.

Peggy104453150 April 30, 2015

We will be using Brookdale for my mother while we are on vacation as a respite care. Hopefully, it is going to work out for me because it is my first time trying this. I am very impressed, or else I would not be putting her there. They have all sorts of things, but I don't know if my mother will be able to participate. We saw an example of the room. We did not see the actual room she will be in, but I am quite pleased. It is not large, but it has a twin size bed, a dresser, a little refrigerator, a big window where she can see out to a little garden area, and her own bathroom. I am pleased that you have your own bathroom and you don't have to share it with anyone. I am pleased with the staff that I met.

Cheri13 April 20, 2015

My friend's mother is in Brookdale in Kingwood. The staff is excellent. Her room is gorgeous. She has a one-bedroom that has been upgraded with granite floors. The dining room looks great. It is very nice. Unfortunately, my friend's mom is not participating, but there are non-stop activities. They have exercise, movies, and external people coming in with health, wellness, and fitness suggestions. They take them out. She has all kinds of things available for her; she just isn't taking advantage of it.

What impresses me is the option to move from different levels of care because my friend's mom does have some memory issues, and in the future, she will need assisted living. Secondly, it is a smaller community. I like the size of it. I did find the place secure and safe enough.

Debbie90557550 August 01, 2014

Brookdale Plaza was absolutely gorgeous. The people who run it were very welcoming. The room my dad could afford was way too small though. It has just enough room for a chair and a twin size bed. They had a lot of activities such as gardening and dances. The dining room was very formal-looking and beautiful. They had chefs there, too.

LovelyLady14 June 30, 2014

The Terrace (now Brookdale Plaza Kingwood) is very nice. We liked it. The grounds, the rooms, and the people were nice. They said when I brought my mom here that we could all have lunch or something. The girl that gave us the tour was really, really nice. The sanitation was excellent. What stood out was the way it was set up and the meeting area for people to go and hang out in. I like that part of it.

Ann88010550 June 27, 2014

My visit to Brookdale Plaza was excellent. It didn't feel like an assisted living facility. It was not sterile. The sizes of the rooms, the atmosphere, and location would have been perfect for my mother. The staff could have been nicer. The arrangement of the facility for access to different areas was perfect. They had activities when we walked in, but I didn't necessarily participate in the activities. It would have been a perfect solution. I think, if she would have an open mind, it could have been a perfect place for her. She could have quality of life, she would be safe, and there could be someone in case of emergency. However, my mother was adamant about staying in Arizona.

Caring83258050 May 22, 2014

The Terrace is very nice. It is always clean and always very good. The rooms are nice and roomy. They have hardwood floors. They are equipped with bath and shower. They have microwave, refrigerators, and freezer. Their closets are a nice size. The dining room is very clean and neat. The nurses and staff, they keep the room very nice. They do the laundry and clean the rooms for them once a week. They have three meals a day. We chose it for my dad because they can accommodate him. He is diabetic, and he has insulin four times a day. They are the only ones that can accommodate him because they have nurses. However, I wasn't too pleased with the way the contract was upheld, and the prices that they quote in there have been changed, but as far as the nurses who care for my father, I cannot ask for a better staff. They work with him, and they are just very good.

Caring83279450 April 29, 2014

Everything is beautiful at The Terrace of Kingwood. I was there for only 15 minutes, but I'm sure it's very clean; the rooms as well. It's just a totally different experience. The people there are like little grandmas and still functioning. However, It's like $3000. I can't afford it.

Caring79303050 March 29, 2014

The Terraces at Kingwood was running a $1000 off per month special, and that fit into what my father-in-law could afford that time. I think they're a good community. He was there for almost a year. He had a companion room. It had two bedrooms on each side. When you walked in the door, there was a small kitchen that had a microwave, a refrigerator with a freezer, and a sink and things. There was also room to put a little dining table in. There was a bathroom with two sinks, and through another door was a shower. Each side of the bathroom was a room with a closet. He didn’t go to the dining area. He had his meals delivered to his rooms. The food was very bad as far as I'm concerned. The night of Christmas, their dinner was a sandwich with luncheon meat on it. They had bingo, outings every day to the grocery store or Wal-Mart, church services, sing-a-longs, and a children's choir came in, but he never participated in that. I know when he passed away they were planning a casino trip. The nurses and the CNAs were great, and they were good to him because he's not an easy person to get along with. There had to be a certain way that you handled him. Once I told them that, they adjusted accordingly. They dealt and handled him with minimal problems. The only problem that I saw was there was a lot of turnover.

Caring63245750 January 30, 2014

I went to The Terrace at Kingwood because I was looking for a facility for my son. The lady that showed me around was very nice. The room was nice, but very small. I was only there a short period of time.

Caring74188450 December 13, 2013

My parents are at The Terrace at Kingwood. Everything was fine there. The staff were caring and excellent. They were checking mom and dad well, but the price is just too high.

Caring71206150 October 09, 2013

We placed my mother-in-law last August at The Terrace at Kingwood. The staff are very friendly and very caring. They cater to individual needs of the residents there and we are very happy with where she is right now.

caring70295550 September 10, 2013

I've been to the Terrace at Kingwood twice. It was really nice. It was well kept and clean. It smelled really good, everything was bright and nice. The lady that I talked to was very informative; she showed me around, showed me all the rooms, and they've been updated. It was just really, really nice. The thing that I really liked about it was that it had three different levels of care. They had assisted living, independent living, and memory care, so whenever you need to move or transition from one level of care to the next, you just transfer to a different building, but you'd still be within the same facility.

Joey4 July 25, 2013

The rooms at The Terrace at Kingwood are nice. The place is very clean and the people were very nice. We had no complaints.

Evans_Alice July 06, 2012

The atmosphere is very enjoyable for visitors. There are many amenities provided for the residents as well as plenty of common space for residents to have visitors and interact with each other. There was a dog there that the residents were particularly fond of when I visited. The staff are kind people and they are very attentive to the residents. The facility welcomes volunteers and I enjoyed every moment I had with the residents. They all have great stories to share and far too few people to share those stories with. The facility was very clean and well kept, including the individual rooms for the residents and the foyer area. The kitchen staff seemed knowledgeable and happy with their jobs. There were few areas for the residents to sit outside, but given that the Houston area is very hot, few residents want to spend much time outside. There were several benches out front for this purpose, but I feel that the facility would benefit from adding a few more. Overall, it is a very nice facility.

commercesd June 14, 2012

Knowing that we would be in the area, we decided to stop in to see the The Terrace - Kingwood assisted living facility.

My brother's friend has always liked that area - and his family has members spread through region, so this location would be ideal for visiting.

We really liked how well the staff provided information. They took the time to find out about my brother's friend and the things he likes.

We were shown all of the common areas, all of which were really nice. There were plenty of scheduled and non-scheduled activities to choose from - including a book club discussions, hosted parties and events, socializing, group events and many other activities. They encourage physical activity, offer exercise classes and take excursions around the grounds and in the area.

The grounds were all well manicured - with plenty of areas for residents to enjoy. We could envision that it would be a great place to spend time.

The dining room was really lovely - as were all the adjacent communal areas. The food we saw looked and smelled delicious. The snacks offered include everything from specially designed and prepared baked goods (geared toward health) to fruits, vegetables and delicious puddings. Despite the fact that they were made to be healthy, they all looked like they tasted really good.

The rooms we saw were all nicely decorated - and better looking than many we've seen at other places.

This facility was a real pleasure to visit, with kind, caring and professional staff who take very good care of the residents.

From Brookdale Kingwood

Brookdale Kingwood provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Houston, TX community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Brookdale Kingwood can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life®, the mission of Brookdale Kingwood is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Houston, TX community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Features of Brookdale Kingwood