Brookdale Cypress Station

303 Lantern Bend Dr., Houston, TX, 77090

Reviews of Brookdale Cypress Station

May 11, 2016

By Pat C.VBVWG

Brookdale Cypress Station seemed nice and appropriate for what we were looking for. We are moving my mom there so she can be closer to her relatives. The staff was fine. They had a physical therapy room.

March 14, 2016

By stpm

Mom was a resident there for quite a while. We were always happy with her apartment...and it was a place she always felt safe. Food was good, prices were reasonable...especially for the space she had (nice little apartment with separate bedroom, TV room etc.. The problem here...and it is a serious one....is what happens if your loved one needs additional attention. We put up with quite a bit (staff stealing jewelry, medication problems...including the last very serious problem) and provided additional oversight just because the room mom was in was her grip on reality. As she required additional care from time to time, staff was not capable or willing to provide this service. Communication was horrible, current on site manager not qualified or capable....too busy defending staffs performance or lying to address serious problems.. This is not a place to put a loved one if they are needing some real individual attention (I'm not talking nursing, I'm referring to help with baths, making sure they make it back to their rooms after meals etc). As I said, this place was fine for a while...and everything was fine as long as nothing was needed. But when it came time to really provide even minimal assistance (it is, after all, an assisted living place) they failed on virtually level.

December 01, 2015

We’re very satisfied with Brookdale. Everyone seems to be friendly. The most difficult part was my dad getting used to it. Everything else is going fine. My dad chose the studio room. It’s quite spacious, and it looks like it’s well taken care of. The bathroom is actually quite large, with a large shower, and handicap accessible. He has a walker and has difficulty, but this is very easy, and he can just roll right into it. It’s a very nice place. He enjoys the food. He has choices of three hot meals a day. They give them choices for lunch and dinner. Breakfast is prescribed, but it is a large breakfast that includes dairy, eggs -- that’s more than most people can eat. They manage my dad’s medication. That is very important. Every Wednesday they go to Walmart. Dad enjoys that little outing. They also have a lot of games and parties. They’re going to have Thanksgiving dinner and invite the family members to come. They have a very nice little outdoor courtyard where they can just enjoy the outdoors.

December 03, 2014

My parents were at Brookdale Cypress Station for about three and a half months in total. At first it was OK until they started needing additional help. Some staff told us that they don’t do that there, but the management told us that they could do that. This facility is for people who are able to do assisted living on their own. The staff is very nice, patient, and caring. They do have plenty of activities like exercise and music.

November 11, 2014

By Gina13

I visited Brookdale, and it was a very nice experience. The rooms were beautiful. They didn’t have anything going on during my visit.

September 30, 2014

My experience in Hampton at Cypress Station during my visit there was great. The staff working there was persistent. Their rooms were fine, and they are average szed. Based on my observation, they had a few activities. One thing I liked about the place though was it was closer to where I live.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Please be assured that we are always trying to engage our residents through scheduled programs and outings designed with their interests and capabilities in mind. From fitness and education programs to cultural and social events, there is something for everyone!

September 23, 2014

By Sandra99306150

I had been to Brookdale Place at Cypress Station three or four times. It was very close to our house, and it was very pleasant. The staff was extremely friendly and bent over backwards to help us. They do the patient's laundry for them and they cleaned their apartment. The rooms were very nice and my mother was looking at a one-bedroom unit, but it was just a hair over what she could afford. They were putting new microwaves and refrigerators in the rooms. We had a meal there and it was very good. They had an activity calendar and several rooms for activities, and they were great. They had painting classes and games. They had physical therapy. They had a courtyard that was beautiful. They were dog friendly so mom could have her dog there.

July 23, 2014

The one that my mom's been at for three weeks now is Brookdale. It is a really nice community, and she seems to be enjoying it there. The people there are very nice. The food is good. They have quite a few activities going on. It is a big, three-floor building, and everything is clean.

December 12, 2012

By farquharsk12

My ex-husband was in need of care, so I checked out several places for him. He ended up going to the Hampton. While not cheap, this facility has all levels of care, from assisted to independent, to full service nursing home and alzheimer's care. The food is very good, the level of care is incredible, and the staff all work very hard to care for the patients. I have never noticed a bad smell like so many facilities have. They are caring, loving and really do a fantastic job of assisting their residents. There is always something going on either on the premises or they take the residents by bus to an exciting place for an outing. I can't say enough good things about The Hampton at Cypress Station. Highly recommend it to anyone needing assistance.

September 13, 2012

By Tom9

This facility had large, well planned rooms. All the landscaping was neatly cared for and the lawns and trees made it a pleasant setting, as did the traditional brick and white wood trim. The decor was traditional, with shiny brass fixtures. The staff was friendly and warm. The residents all appeared well groomed and disciplined. However the cost seems to be floating. They first check the requirements & then decide costs. Due to this my friend who was looking for some rooms for her grandparents felt suspicious & decided to look for few other facilities in nearby location. However, i personally felt her perception for this place was incorrect as I found the residents here looked very content and were well cared for by kind and considerate staff in this living environment. I might try again & convince my friend if she has not settled on any other facility for her grandparents.

Photos of Brookdale Cypress Station

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Home Sale Assistance

• Licenses: Assisted Living & Alzheimers

About Brookdale Cypress Station

Brookdale Cypress Station provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

We offer Diabetic Care and we have onsite OT/PT & ST.

Map of Brookdale Cypress Station