Brookdale Cy-Fair

11500 Fallbrook Drive, Houston, TX, 77065

Promotion ends in 15 days!

IT'S YOUR MOVE. LOCK IN THE 2017 RATE FOR LIFE. Lock in a rate that will never change for residents who take financial possession of an apartment by December 23, 2016. *New residents only. Excludes care costs and other fees. Additional details may apply.

Reviews of Brookdale Cy-Fair

Patricia105170750 April 27, 2015

Brookdale has good memory care and rooms. The staff is very good and very nice. The housekeeping is stellar; I never noticed any odor in there. Her room is very nice and spacious. It’s got a refrigerator, microwave, a nice, big bathroom with all the safety features, and a nice window.

Daughter15978 December 18, 2014

My mother has been at Emeritus (now Brookdale) for over 2 years. We are very happy with most everything there! In fact I can't really think of anything we don't like. The care she receives from the nursing and care staff is excellent. Whenever there is an issue, such as if she falls or becomes ill or her meds are running low, they call me immediately. The food is good....mom likes it and eats it. They do have activities; she sometimes participates if she feels like it. The facility overall is well-kept and her room is tidied up daily with deep cleaning once a week. They do her laundry weekly too. Mom seems to be happy there. The prices do keep increasing gradually so hopefully we can continue to afford for her to stay there.

Caring81723050 October 16, 2014

My mother-in-law was at the Emeritus at Cy-fair for about a month, and my father-in-law for about two weeks. There were some security issues that we didn't like, so we left. The communication wasn't good with their staff. There was only one door between residents walking out into the street, so that was just not a secure place for people with memory issues. It was an older facility, but it was nice. The rooms weren't quite as big as the new place we moved them to, but they were fine. I guess we liked that they had a respite room and that they had a lot of availability, so when we were looking and needed some place quick and ready for move in, they were able to do that.

We deeply regret that we were unable to meet all of your expectations. We want to thank you for your feedback and please know it will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

Caring94525050 August 28, 2014

The rooms at Emeritus at Cy Fair were a lot smaller than in the other facility. One thing I didn't like was that the carpet didn't seem to be clean. It didn't kind of smell too good. The staff was very nice though. They did have an activity calendar. If they clean the carpet, I would recommend this place.

Caring87409850 June 26, 2014

Presently, my husband is at the Emeritus. I have him there because it has the best price that I can get. Secondly, I like the staff. They pay close attention to his needs. They're very caring, and they listen to what you have to say as far as improvements, and I'm really satisfied. The only thing is it's a little far from where I live. I think it's very clean. They keep it clean, and they come and clean his room once a week. I went in today and it smelled really good, and I never smell any of the odors that are in some of the nursing homes. I guess the food is OK because my husband has put on weight. We looked at the menus, and they seem to be pretty well balanced. The assisted living and the memory care are in the rear with tight security.

mackman June 22, 2014

My parents have been residents here for over 2 years. The care givers are the best! They are very loving and caring. They truly love the people. The office side however is quite different. They are all very "understanding", "patient and helpful". But you best be paying attention to exactly what they say and document everything possible because when it comes to money, in my opinion they cannot be trusted. They will "forget", "not understand" and just plain "lie" about when it comes to the money side. I moved my parents because of this. I really miss the care givers but don't feel like I can trust the Business office.

Caring80975850 May 29, 2014

Emeritus At Cy-Fair is a nice facility. It is just too expensive. We have to pay for everything ourselves, and it is just too high. It appeared to be clean. It seemed to be a newer place. I didn't see anything wrong other than the price. The one reason I was interested in that particular brand is because they include the care with the rent. The rooms were fine. The staff was very good. They took a lot of time with us, and I was impressed with the time they took. The people were nice. If someone asked me, I certainly would recommend them.

Caring1030 May 10, 2014

Emeritus at Cy Fair was very clean, and everyone seemed very clean as well. The staff had been very helpful, from the contracts to the moving in. Even to little details like diet changes and different things that my mom required, they have been very open. I was not aware of the activities because my mom did not partake in any. The overall atmosphere seemed pleasant. It did not smell like a nursing home, even if there were a number of residents who really needed care. I have recommended the facility to another lady, and she has moved in. And I would still recommend to other people.

Howard5 March 31, 2014

I just walked around Emeritus and saw it. The rooms are similar to my mom's right now. The staff seemed very nice and very friendly. The lady who took us was excellent. It just fell into place that they would have a room available. It was a little larger than the other rooms, and they were to be charging the same. The people who took us around came over and interviewed my mom, and my mom really liked them. They were just very cordial.

Caring80530350 March 31, 2014

The staff at Emeritus is nice, and they are not understaffed. They have a lot of activities, they can play pool, and they have a crafts room. The food looked good; they have a menu, but I did not eat there.

His Angel January 10, 2014

I found myself to be the primary caregiver for my relative. How was I going to care for my relative, hold on to my job when caregivers didn’t show up on time, maintain my home and have a social life. I visited the Emeritus and was greeted with smiles from the residents that were sitting on the front porch, some were shy and other were not. We met with Max who gave us a tour of the facility and introduced us to most of the caregivers, medical & resident assistance as we passed through the facility. We had a lovely lunch in the dining room where we met Chef Angelo, who was very impressive. Immediately, my relative took a liking to him and requested some good ole cornbread and sweet milk. Once we were settled in, my relative met Marissa, residence enrichment director, with her guidance my relative, started playing bingo daily, going to Wal-Mart weekly, participated in the lunch bunch monthly with all the ladies and enjoys going to the Foundry. On days when my relative was in an undesirable mood, she was able to turn the situation around. Marissa has a unique personality and able to communicate with all the residents on their level and her demeanor and happiness rubbed off onto the other residents and myself, we all cut up and enjoy each others’ company. Although the transition to Memory Care was very difficult for me to accept – taking away independence – it was very emotional for me. I realized I needed some guidance, Mario, Brenda and Doris were extremely patient in answering questions and concerns I had. They helped me understand what my relative was going through, as I had no idea what his medical needs would be, after all, I haven’t lived with my relative for over 40 yrs, but knew I could not do it all alone.
While visiting my relative in Memory Care I became to know each caregiver and they have been very patient with all the questions, requests and concerns. When I visit I observe each worker and can see they care about each resident, whether the resident needs personal care or needs a partner to play dominoes, bingo or helping with craft activities. Each resident requires different stimulation to have a good day and I thank each caring professional for their attention to details of each resident. My relative likes the cheerful smiles and hugs from each caregiver, daily. My relative is always bathe and dressed ready to go somewhere, the caregivers assist with medication, keeping up with dentures and hearing aids and helping him dial the telephone when he wants to talk to me during the day. They escort my relative after dinner around the facility to see friends that are in independent living.
Through all the special events, activities and ongoing enrichment programs it gave me the opportunity to meet the other residents and their family members and the staff as well, and I do consider the Emeritus, part of my family.

cast60 December 29, 2013

I am of a resident and I'm there every day with my friend. As I am there every day I notice how loving and caring the staff towards the resident they attend to their need in a timely manner. The staff are quick to respond to any type of an emergency. The facility is well maintained as far as cleanliness the food is just fantastic the service in the dinning is great. The staff such as Mario, Marcia, Max are doing a fantastic job in my opinion as far as the activities the residents are taken on various field trips on a monthly basis that what I have on an every day basis because I am there everyday. As for the staff I see them doing a wonderful job they are prompt when they are needed to the residents. As far as I am concerned the whole facility is maintained well and the entire staff are doing a marvelous and incredible job in caring for the residents.

Kathy75196450 December 13, 2013

Mom has been in Emeritus since October. It felt very comfortable when we walked in, people greeted us nicely and it had a good feel when we went in. The rooms are a good size and were newly painted and carpeted before she moved in. When we ate there, the food was good. They were a little bit slow on a couple of maintenance things but that seems to be taken care of. She has her medicine prepared for her. Otherwise, she does everything else for herself. They have a good variety of social things, trips to Wal-Mart and a lot of planned activities. They do a really good job and most of the employees have been just excellent.

Caring80087450 November 27, 2013

Mom has been at Emeritus at Cy-Fair for over a month now. They offer every night, especially on the weekend, a movie night and popcorn. If the TV does not work you can't watch a movie. Some staff are great and some are terrible. One day I caught one of the staff yelling and screaming at one of the residents. The food is not so good. Their menu offers bread and butter, but they never give me butter. The food is microwaved. I was there Saturday and they were supposed to have a snack activity where they make things, but that never happened. The most they do is hit a balloon around. What they say the activities are, they aren’t. They should have activities for the low functioning people as well as for the high functioning people. Another thing with them is that they don’t seem to get my mother's garbage. They don’t wash her towels. She is put in a room that doesn’t even have her furniture in there. It has somebody else's furniture. It's terrible.

Caring73383950 November 22, 2013

The guardian placed my mother at Emeritus and I’m quite disappointed with them. They claimed to have these activities but I don’t see them. Today they’re supposed to have some luncheon but there’s no luncheon. They’re supposed to have movie nights on Saturdays, Sundays and some days during the week but their TV is broken so what they say is not what they do. My mother doesn’t like the food and she only eats what she likes. They stuck her in the memory care unit.

Marianne6 September 23, 2013

Emeritus at Cy-Fair had a compassion and happy environment. I could tell that compassion goes from the management down. They showed a lot of respect with each other. I liked their executive director Mario who was really passionate about what he does. I also liked the two ladies there: Max and the young lady in-charge of programs, Melissa. Every one that I talked to said how much they enjoyed living there. Everybody knows everyone and they addressed each other on their names. The apartments were clean and very well kept even with all the constructions going on. They had lots of activities like bingo, outings, they had a bus that took them to places.

Caring062904 July 25, 2013

We had a visit at Emeritus at Cy Fair and the place is not good. It's depressing. When we went there, the people who got off work were just starring at us while they were sitting in the chairs. It did not have a good feeling. When we walked in nobody was in the front desk. They are not organized and you wouldn't want to go there. I wouldn't send my dog there. The rooms were fine but there were very few people in there. The place was alright, but it didn't smell good. It seems old and musty. If something happens, there's nobody around to help you. It's a facility that you don't want to be in. It's like people were there just because they couldn't get another job and they were just there to stand or sit and look at you.

Mark18 July 25, 2013

I like Emeritus at Cy Fair. The place is extremely clean and it seems like a nice place. The staff that toured me around was extremely helpful. She walked me around and showed me the facility. She did show one of the units that they were setting us for us and I was extremely pleased. The staff seemed extremely nice and polite. Everything is good as far as I'm concerned. They have a nice open area. It's close to a hospital and it's not hard to find. The place is really beautiful.

Anonymous0254 July 10, 2013

Emeritus is my second choice. The director is what made the place. She was wonderful and she really liked the residents. I thought that the people there seemed really happy. I didn't really like the dementia unit because the people were just sitting together in front of the TV, one woman was slapping herself, and they didn't do anything about it. The assisted living part was really good. The residents said it was great and it was clean. The facility is getting older so they needed to upgrade their carpets, some of these are in the common areas and I think they're working on that.

Patrick4 June 19, 2013

My mom was at Emeritus at Cy Fair for less than a week, the place was clean and the staff was professional. They were very helpful and informative. The facility and staff were excellent

Sandra21 May 11, 2013

The Emeritus would be my number one choice for my parents if they ended up somewhere in the Cyprus area. It's a great facility and the only thing I noticed was that their parking area was not as easily accessible to visitors. I would rate them a five based on their location and amenities.

Barbara15 January 30, 2013

Mom really likes Emeritus at Cy Fair from the very beginning, because she felt it's so homey as opposed to other facilities we visited. The staff is exceptional. Every one of them is just wonderful. Unfortunately, I can't remember all their names. Everything is very nice and clean. Mom loves it when we come and have dinner with her. The food is exceptional and she absolutely loves it. She doesn't eat a whole lot. She's 86 years old, but she especially loves the desserts. There was a little bit of adjustment, but she is the type that would adjust well. She loves it there because they have so many things to do.

emsmith1 September 05, 2012

The lack of staff is astonishing!! My mom lived there for a couple of years.... at first I thought it was just and isolated incident that they were always so short staffed. but as time went on i noticed a pattern of extremely high turn over. The admin does not take the time to hire qualified people and pay them competitive rateszzz sometimes there are only 2 people working the entire place at night. Although they will tell you that they are "fully staffed".... I had the luxury of popping in at all hours, and know that is not true. The food is terrible. They need an overhaul of people in charge.

falling4popcorn May 19, 2012

I went to this facility to devote some time towards the elderly. The place seems very clean, organized, and safe. One thing I didn't like upon visiting was how empty the place was; it just seemed very depressing being so empty. The staff is nice, and was very helpful to me and my girlfriend, especially our first time there. They walked through everything, and then showed us in person were all the safety equipment is, the courtyard, and all the rooms. In the kitchen there was four residents playing dominoes, which I enjoyed watching, because it's nice to see elderly people enjoying their last few years. There were plenty of activities for you to do with the residents, and plenty of other activities the residents loved doing by themselves. Talking to a few of the older women, they said that they loved when the hair dresser visits them at the facility. Overall the place was nice, and a good experience.

DrA December 13, 2011

In November 2011, I visited my sister, Mrs. R. Holden, who is a resident at this facility. I was very impressed by the facility due to its cleanliness, food, and most importantly, the happy demeanor of the workers there. This happiness rubbed off onto the residents there, especially my sister. For that I am grateful. It is obvious that for a residence to be so well run is a tribute to Mr. Shawn L., and to Ms. Debbie F. They both went out of their way to make my visit a memorable one. Their professionalism and courtesy is what makes this facility such a happy place. On one of the days I visited, they ran a special Veteran's Day service that was very touching and appropriate. The veteran residents were very happy and proud to be a part of it, as I was.

Tower1981 December 08, 2011

While going with my friend to visit her grandmother , i noticed the spider webs in the corner if the room . The filthiness of Emeritus stunned me . The floor is covered with dirt and the chairs in the sitting space are all tattered and torn .Although it is supposed to be a very social elderly home . The worker yell at the people while talking . when i asked to go to the bathroom i was led in to a small room that was dirty the was no soap or paper towels and there also was no kind of helper bars to assist the elderly . When i pointed these facts out to my friend she agreed bu said this is the only place she could afford .

turkoise August 02, 2011

Emeritus Assisted Living has very much accomodated the needs of my mother. Although the transition was very difficult to accept - taking away her independence - it was definitely more emotionally difficult for her than me. Emeritus - while no place will ever be perfect - has had tremendous patience with myself and my mother. Never once has my mother been subjected to any ill treatment and each worker has had endless patience with all of my questions, requests and concerns. They put their heart into helping the patients during dinners, activities and personal care needs. They have never called unwarranted, and have acted in very professional manners when my mother has had any issues. I really like that I am allowed to have a refrigerator in my mom's room. She loves snacks and this is a plus for her. Should Alzheimer's be an issue, they also have a fantastic memory care section that provides extra support and memory pertinent stimulation. Emeritus is a definite must-see for those interested.

From Brookdale Cy-Fair

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Cy-Fair

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid