Brookdale Champions

14050 Cutten Road, Houston, TX, 77069

Reviews of Brookdale Champions

June 18, 2015

I am impressed with Brookdale. The room I chose for my mother is spacious enough. The grounds are beautifully set. I have had one meal there, and I enjoyed it. My mother does not particularly enjoy that; she complains about the food. She likes the breakfast for the most part, but not the other meals. They have bingo, exercise class and bible studies. They have special events, and they have a theme for the month. They have lectures. They have outings. They go out to eat once a month. They have a lot things. She does not participate in most of it, but to me there are a number of options. It is in an excellent neighborhood. It is close to a hospital and a mall. The staff seems to be adequate right now.

September 16, 2014

By SDB

I would rate the facility/staff/Executive Director at Brookdale Place Champions top notch.. My Mom was a resident there when she passed away. I can honestly say that she received extremely excellent care during her stay there. The staff was friendly and genuinely cared about my Mom. The facility is extremely well organized and is led by one of the best Executive Directors I have ever known. My Mom has been in several facilities over the past 7 years and I can tell you this is the best one she has ever been in, bar none. Toward the end of my Mom’s life, the staff took time to not only care for my Mom, but to offer comforting words to me and my family. I don’t think people take the time often enough to compliment and praise people for outstanding service. The team at Brookdale Place Champions most certainly deserves it! The facility is well-organized and beautifully decorated. The grounds are well-manicured and give the facility a most aesthetic touch. The staff at Brookdale Place Champions are indeed Champions!

April 25, 2014

By Lari

My mother lived her for almost 2yrs.They were very nice and caring when she first moved in, eventually she had to be moved to the memory care side. I don't feel they were as caring or compassionate on the memory care side.Trying to get answers to questions was almost impossible.Very exspensive. All they were worried about was getting their money. Sometimes even rude when I would call to ask a question. Was glad to get mom out of there. Be careful if you are considering this place!!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about the Terrace at Champions. The staff is committed to providing the highest-quality service and care for each resident every day and we will share your feedback with our regional team. In the meantime, we hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 to discuss your concerns in detail.

June 13, 2013

By Susan39

I really liked The Terrace at Champions when I visited the place. The lady that showed me around was excellent. The only problem is that it's a large facility with a hospital-like environment and it didn't save me any money and it's a bit far from home. If I hadn't found a place, I might have gone there.

June 29, 2012

By tmarrow

I found the facility to be quite nice, though the staff tended to be short- not exactly rude, but not welcoming or kind, either. The food provided was adequate, and the restrooms were extremely clean. My grandmother has a handful of friends here, though she says the staff plays favorites. She really, really appreciates having so many facilities onsite, as being able to get to church was a big concern of hers. The landscaping is beautiful, and the rooms are spacious.

February 02, 2012

By commercesd

We went to visit The Terrace - Champions assisted living facility while checking out places for our aunt. The grounds appeared very well tended, with nicely manicured lawns and shrubbery. The interior foyer was fresh and bright with very nice decorations and furniture. The staff was immediately friendly and accommodating, despite the fact that we did not have an appointment. The grounds looked like a nice place for seniors to walk around safely and freely daily. There was also ample space to enjoy parties, picnics and for private family gatherings. All of the interior rooms had bright natural light and fresh air. Rooms were decorated and furnished beautifully with soothing color schemes. The spacious activity rooms offered comfortable furniture where seniors could socialize, craft, play games, watch films and TV. They seemed to be able to participate in a variety of stimulating activities, including tending the garden. The facility can also handle all ambulation levels. The private spaces all had ample space in very nicely decorated and furnished surroundings. Each had a great deal of natural light and fresh air. The dining room was spacious, bright and cheery. The food smelled and looked appetizing. The many menus had nutritious foods for all diet types. They also offer healthy snacks throughout the day evening, as well as whenever requested. Seniors use the exercise room any time and can also safely go on daily walks around the grounds. Yoga and aerobics classes are offered daily. The residents also go to many of Houston's cultural events, visit art galleries and museums, and enjoy the many casual and fine dining establishments available. It was clear that the residents were very content in this nicely designed living environment, with plenty considerate and caring staff.

Photos of Brookdale Champions

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance

About Brookdale Champions

Brookdale Champions provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

We are nestled in the residential area of Champions Forest on a wooded campus with beautiful landscaping and great views. We have beautiful front porches, so our residents can be comfortable while enjoying the outdoors.

Map of Brookdale Champions