Atria Westchase

11424 Richmond Avenue, Houston, TX, 77082

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Promotion ends in 37 days!

The best time to choose Atria is right NOW! For a limited time*, you can lock in our current rental rate with no increases until at least January 1, 2019. Don't miss this opportunity! - *Offer valid on certain apartments for move-in by September 30, 2017.

Reviews of Atria Westchase

July 15, 2015

By Andrea27

Atria was nice and better, but it’s a little pricey, and I liked them. They had everything nice, the food was good and homemade. There was a free pie during our visit.

May 30, 2014

By Betty83883150

We chose Atria West Chase because it is close to home. They have excellent food, and my father-in-law likes it. They have a lot of fresh food that they serve on their menu, and that is important to me. I really like the staff. They have been there for a long time, and that's why they work together well. They are very attentive to his needs. They are great, and he also loves the staff. They have a designated smoking area, and my father-in-law smokes a pipe. He's actually doing remarkably there. They have a lot of activities, but I'm still trying to make him get involved in them because he is very shy, but he has met some of the residents. When I go up there, I see him out front sitting with other residents, chit-chatting. There are some nice people there.

May 20, 2014

By Ruth36

We moved my mom last February to Atria Westchase. When she was in a nursing home, she was very depressed. Since she moved into this facility, she has blossomed. She talks to people, and she bathes whenever they want to give her shower. She changes her clothes every day. She has accepted physical therapy. She has also accepted beautician work, getting her hair cut, getting her nails done, which she never accepted at the other place. It's just total turn around in her that I see at Atria in comparison to the traditional nursing home, which is good. With their activities, they have exercise, and they throw balloons to each other. They also have some parties, music, and dancing. Their staff is very caring and nurturing, and the patient to staff ratio is much better than that at the nursing home.

March 20, 2014

Atria was very well laid out. They gave us a pie, and it was good. The rooms were good, the place was clean, and the people seemed happy. Personally, it didn't have as homey feel as others. I don't think they had a good view. It was more in the city and I don't think it had as much green space around it. They had a lot of activities. I liked the staff a lot. They were very pleasant. The people seem to enjoy talking to them. But it wasn't the right place for my mother.

July 24, 2013

By Mark16

The staff at Atria Westchase were great. The food was fine. The only thing my mom complained was that she had nobody to talk to because she had a higher cognitive function than the other residents. She would transfer to the independent living once the room was available for her.

July 21, 2011

By LMBA

Atria Westchase is on the west side of Houston, about a mile away from the Houston Medical Center, which is an acute care hospital with a geriatric psych unit. Atria offers higher end assisted living and memory care for residents with mild dementia or or other mental illnesses or disabilities. (The breakdown is about 70 percent elderly, 30% disabilities.) It's close to other assisted living communities, and there's a lot of socializing among them. But it's a busy area, so families considering it should note that there's no locked unit for anyone with cognitive impairment who wanders. Among the pluses: - All the rooms are private and are set up like small apartments; some studios are available. - It's very homey--has good ambiance. - It's a one story facility, with about 40-45 apartments. - Medical management is good. - The staff is caring and attentive and includes certified nursing assistants. - The food is very good. There are lots of menu options, served restaurant style. And breakfast is cooked to order. - They have activities 7 days a week: exercise classes, outings, wine and cheese hour, ice cream socials, live entertainment, etc. - Parking is good.

June 30, 2011

By Gina12

This facility has a lot of space. Each resident is assign to a apartment that has a bathroom, living room, and kitchen. Its pretty big. All the apartments are join in together similar to a nice hotel. There are staff there 24 hours a day for medical assistants if needed. When i was there i saw a resident that was very ill, he was having complications with the flu. The staff went above and beyond the scope of their employment to make sure he was compfortable, taking all his medicine and that he was getting better. They did a great job in assisting this ewsident with great care!

Photos of Atria Westchase

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Minimum Age: None

About Atria Westchase

Atria Westchase blends a busy social scene with the comforts of southern hospitality. Participate in educational and cultural activities or relax and enjoy amenities like our cozy living room with large fireplace, reading center and computer room. Our convenient location adds to the appeal of Atria Westchase, with a public library, golf course, a major hospital and shopping all within one mile.

Atria Westchase residents enjoy:

• 24-hour availability of a trained staff
  • A choice of apartments
  • A full-time director for events and activities
  • An emergency call system in every apartment
  • Anytime Café with complimentary snacks and beverages
  • Assistance with activities of daily living
  • Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
  • Medication assistance
  • Memory-care neighborhood
  • Scheduled local transportation

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, supportive living, assisted living and memory care communities in 179 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 21,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,500 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a difference in our world.

Map of Atria Westchase