The Communities at Golden Pond

50 W Main St, Hopkinton, MA, 01748

Reviews of The Communities at Golden Pond

Geroge1 September 30, 2013

Golden Pond is located halfway between my place and my younger brother's place. We needed a place that is just not an assisted living but also have psychiatric care because my father was bipolar. I talked to a social worker at Jordan hospital and suggested Golden Pond.

They have a lovely dining room. My father could eat like a regular resident and the meals were good. The staff was very good and kind to my father. He has his own private bedroom there. The place needs a bit of renovation though.

David45 September 27, 2013

I was looking for a nursing home and I got in contact with a woman and mentioned that her mother is Golden Pond assisted living. She talked about them favorably. I called my mother to check it out and she did and she signed up the same day.

It's been and excellent experience. She's been there for over 2 years. My mom's happy there and very responsive. She used to like the food but now she's on a restricted diet.

Carolyn23 September 27, 2013

Golden Pond was recommended to me by a hospital where my mom was in. I was really impressed with everything about Golden Pond. The staff is absolutely amazing. The facility is beautiful and the food is just excellent.

Carolyn22 September 27, 2013

We looked around and Golden Pond is close and convenient to our place. We also like the services that they provide. Their caring has been very good and it's a safe place to be. The staff is very nice and professional. My mom said that the food is good and she's happy with Golden Pond.

Peter8 September 18, 2013

My mom loves it there in the Golden Pond. She thinks it's a wonderful place. They take good care of her. Every time she leaves, she always wants to go right back. It's really a great place for her.

Star1 September 18, 2013

We chose Golden Pond because they have a Psychiatrict component to their care. The staff has been very good with my brother. They go out once or twice a week as part of their activities which my brother likes. He's very comfortable and safe there. As far as I can tell, he is doing very well and happy to be there.

From The Communities at Golden Pond

Golden Pond provides comfortable, affordable studios, one-and two-bedroom apartment homes with fully equipped kitchens, spacious living areas and scenic views. Common areas include a library, a café and gardens. The community also features a 24-hour emergency response system, on-site health center, Healthy Living Wellness Program, scheduled transportation and diverse leisure activities. Our guiding principle is to create a community where residents can age with dignity. We invite you to discover the Golden Pond Difference.

Independent Living

Golden Pond’s Independent Lifestyle is for seniors who are able to live on their own in an apartment or house, but who want the conveniences of living within a community that provides services and amenities such as maintenance, housekeeping, social activities, dining, transportation, security, or the option of assistance with daily tasks or medical care if they ever need it later on.

Assisted Living

Golden Pond is much more than a typical housing development for seniors. Golden Pond’s programs and services are designed specifically for individuals who live independently but may require some assistance with their daily care to maintain that independence.

Our residents needing assistance see that Golden Pond costs significantly less than many of their other options. We provide a range of services to resident, many 24 hours a day. Golden Pond is a rental community, which means residents can move in without giving up their life savings to pay an expensive buy-in fee. In this way Golden Pond can offer a luxurious combination of comfort, convenience and security for all of our residents.

Memory Care

Our staff is trained in the Habilitation approach to dementia care using the “Caring for People with Alzheimer’s Disease” program created by the Alzheimer’s Association/MA NH Chapter. Country View is in a small separate neighborhood providing a safe, pleasant and comfortable setting. All units on Country View are upscale in design, offering granite counter tops, ample square footage and large windows that create a plushfeel. Daily activities encourage resident engagement.

Program Highlights:

• Specially trained awake 24-hour staffing
  • Three meals per day served family style on the unit
  • Weekly housekeeping services
  • Laundering of linens, towels and personal laundry
  • Assistance with medication management (SAMM)
  • Regular safety checks
  • Secure unit
  • Specially designed memory programs: remembrance stations and visiting kits*
  • Scheduled transportation for outings in our van
  • Personal care
  • Mealtime monitoring, cueing and staffing
  • Escorts for meals, which are on the unit, and services or programs off the unit

Golden Pond’s therapeutic environment includes:

• Behavior Management
  • Multi-disciplinary Assessment and Diagnostic Evaluation
  • Psychopharmacological Management
  • 24-hour Crisis Intervention, Assessment, and Stabilization
  • Groups
  • Case Consultations
  • After Care Planning
  • Treatment for individuals with substance abuse

Golden Pond has created the most comprehensive on-site mental health service for the geriatric population by assembling an experienced multidisciplinary team of primary health and psychiatric professionals, and by implementing a psychosocial model with an emphasis on treating the “whole” resident.

Golden Pond understands that mental health can have a broad impact, so we are prepared to guide the resident and family toward alternative coping skills and care giving skills; evaluate medications; promote wellness; and strive to achieve the optimum level of functioning possible for each resident. That level of care and commitment can make a big difference to you and your loved one.

Golden Pond offers a special care unit for seniors with mental, emotional and physical needs that are best met in a secured, structured setting. We are able to provide both short and long term psychiatric care which includes comprehensive diagnostic as well as on-going treatment services.

Features of The Communities at Golden Pond