Somerby at St. Vincent's One Nineteen Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

4.6

June 26, 2014

By Charlotte17

We went as a group, and the visit was very good at Somerby. It was excellent. It was fantastic. The staff was very nice. I liked the general ambience, though it was a little expensive.

October 26, 2013

By Caring72024650

Somerby at St. Vincent's One Nineteen is just a very loving and kind place. It's beautiful. The personnel were very professional. My mom has been there for a month and a half now.

March 15, 2013

By EldrCare_Advocacy

Recently visited a client/friend at this facility. I am in the business therefore I know virtually every senior place in town. Never have I been more impressed with the food, the outgoing and obviously happy seniors living there. The surroundings are welcoming - not stuffy or too formal. The staff called everyone by name and seemed to know details about my friend/client. I wish it was not so far on Hwy 280 but I can see it would be worth the extra drive time. I have since referred another client of mine who is now set to move in. They also have assisted living and a memory area. Definitely worth a visit.

December 22, 2012

By VDT

The facility is clean, the faculty are always pleasant and helpful, the nursing staff is prompt with medications and interventions. I have eaten there several times and can personally vouch for the food quality, which is much better than typical cafeteria eating. Each floor in the building i frequented had a large, open area for activities such as reading, card games, or puzzles. We also used the shared space for her birthday parties, which easily accommodated 7-8 family members with room to spare. There are always activities posted in the elevator such as water aerobics, bingo, movie nights, etc. to keep everyone active and engaged. The rooms she has been in there are all nice and clean with fresh carpeting and hardwood floors. Privacy is always respected as the staff always knocked and were very respectful, but whenever there were medical issues, the staff was prompt in detecting the problem and alerting the paramedics. You get what you pay for.

November 22, 2012

By jhyderx

Caring, friendly and competent employees and staff. Excellent food. Programs to benefit all. Warm and inviting decor, yet each individual room may be furnished and decorated to please the occupant by his/her family.

July 29, 2012

By fisherman3333

The home was nice. There were certain amenities that fit our needs very well. The fact that it was independent living was a plus. We do not need to pay for individualized care. If there is a medical emergency, we are right next to the hospital. On the fun side of things, they had everything from a pool table to a movie theater to a workout facility. I do not see how anyone can get bored at this facility! There is no reason to leave for any need. Since my father is an avid fisherman, the stocked pond is a definite plus. The staff was very nice and helpful. The no upfront fee is great if you are strapped for cash. Electricity, water, pest control and long distance phone service is all included in the monthly bill. In all, I would recommend this facility to anyone who is looking in the market.

Let Us Search For You

• Low Fat
    • Low Salt
    • Vegetarian

About Somerby at St. Vincent's One Nineteen

Our mission is to inspire and nurture successful aging each and every day, and we encourage every resident of our active rental retirement community to reach out and grab more of life while they keep control of their future. Located on the campus of and in partnership with St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health & Wellness Center, our programming centerpiece, Masterpiece Living, partners with the Mayo Clinic for an exclusive, groundbreaking approach to wellness.

We also offer independent living apartment homes and villas, private assisted living and memory care residences, and respite accommodations all on site, a no-entry fee approach, all-inclusive pricing and valuable health care benefit worth hundreds of dollars if care is ever needed. Plus, true maintenance-free living surrounded by resort-style services and amenities, and a wide variety of activities to keep you active, engaged and healthy.

We call it The Somerby Spark, and it ignites the difference between our active retirement lifestyle and anything else.

Map of Somerby at St. Vincent's One Nineteen