The Plaza at Waikiki

1812 Kalakaua Ave., Honolulu, HI, 96815

Reviews of The Plaza at Waikiki

Anonymous573734 March 27, 2017

The Plaza at Waikiki is a fairly new building. It’s not even 2 years old, so everything is fresh and clean. The service is good, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The meals are good. They have good activities like their music programs and their movies. Sometimes, they have communities come in like school children.

Karen846354 January 31, 2017

The Plaza was fine and easy enough to get to, but it was the most expensive. The staff was caring and nice. They had scheduled activities all of the time. I think they had a physical therapy section and an entertainment area, like a playroom.

Meryl730010 December 05, 2016

My impression of The Plaza was very good. The rooms were very nice. I ate in the nice dining area. The food was delicious. The people were very helpful.

MusubiMom October 21, 2016

BEAUTIFUL! This place is like a hotel. I went to visit an aunty who has been living there for over a year and I was blown away by the staff friendliness and the tasty food. We're looking to move my mother in, and hopefully within the next year she'll be ready to make the decision to move in. The daily activities are stimulating and fun, and the sales staff answered all of our questions. If you have a chance to look out the windows in the apartments, the view will blow you away!

Anonymous634463 October 20, 2016

The Plaza at Waikiki is a great, clean, and nice. The people and the rooms are nice and adequate. They have a hairdresser, a dance group, mahjong groups, and some other groups. There are shopping centers nearby.

Steve p September 11, 2016

I’ve been living at The Plaza for around two months. It’s a nice place, and they have very nice people. They have a theater where they show movies in the evening. The food is fattening and very salty, but it is very good. They have very good desserts after lunch and after dinner. They have a bus, and they take you out. I have a small apartment. The staff is very friendly and very nice.

Caring Loved One781860 June 10, 2016

We visited The Plaza at Waikiki. They wanted to know how much we could pay because they didn't take any insurance. Then they said she had to leave in two years if she didn't get any. The people were fine and nothing special, just fine. We didn't look at the rooms because they weren't interested in having her. The facility is brand new. The initial information that I got did not satisfy me to the point that I was going to go in and ask them more questions.

visitor126278850 March 31, 2016

The Plaza was nice, but for the amount of money they were asking, the service was not worth it. It’s brand new, the rooms were small, and the staff was very nice. If you can afford it, that’s a wonderful place.

Happy daughter17 March 19, 2016

The Plaza is nice but a little small for my parents. It felt very confined but nice and well maintained.

Hi Happy Daughter17; Thank you for visiting our community! I'm glad you feel The Plaza at Waikiki was nice and well-maintained, but am sorry that you felt the size of our apartments are too small for your parents. As a licensed assisted living community, our apartments are actually quite comparable to the larger units in other assisted living communities on the island. We have quite a few happy couples currently living in our community, and while priorities vary from resident to resident, we find that residents quickly overcome any concerns about usable square footage, and appreciate all of our common areas and amenities as an extension of their apartments. Thanks again for your comments!

Happy Visitor42 February 16, 2016

I liked The Plaza. It was gorgeous, perfect, and clean but too expensive. The staff was friendly.

Cecilia7 December 17, 2015

The Plaza at Waikiki is brand new, and it is in the heart of Waikiki. It is a very desirable location. The negatives are it is too industrial for my taste, and it is extremely expensive because it is in the heart of the city. The staff is always nice. We check a couple of the rooms, and they are nice. They have studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom units. The studio is more on my price range.

From The Plaza at Waikiki

SENIOR LIVING AT THE GATEWAY TO WAIKIKI!

This ideal location gives residents convenient access to Waikiki’s world-famous views and attractions, all of the wonderful restaurants, shopping centers, and cultural destinations of Honolulu’s urban core.

Plaza Assisted Living’s Assisted Living program has been designed to foster and promote each resident’s independence. A nurturing and trained professional staff is available to provide assistance with activities of daily living, such as medication management, bathing toileting and grooming, to name a few. Personalized care plans are tailored to individual’s needs, based on an assessment by The Plaza’s nursing staff.

Assisted Living services may include:
  • Hygiene
  • Personal Laundry Service
  • Toileting

AMENITIES:

• Several Attractive apartment styles to choose from, each equipped with an emergency call system
  • Three delicious meals served daily
  • Monthly wellness program
  • Access to the wellness staff 24 hours per day
  • Weekly housecleaning and linen services
  • Daily activities and exercise programs
  • Scheduled transportation on the Plaza Shuttle
  • Basic Utilities
Residents also have access to common areas throughout the community including:
  • A charming coffee bistro
  • Lively recreation room
  • A large comfortable living room
  • Fitness room
  • A popular hair salon
  • Outdoor sitting areas
  • Computer access
  • Ample visitor parking
  • Library and card table

PERSONAL CARE SERVICES AND WELLNESS

The Plaza’s Assisted Living program has been designed to foster and promote each resident’s independence. Residents will be able to continue their lifestyle while also having access to care. A nurturing staff will provide assistance with activities of daily living. Each apartment is equipped with an emergency call-system and access to Plaza staff is available 24 hours a day.

Personal care services include, but not limited to:
  • Incontinence care
  • Bathing
  • Dressing
  • Grooming
  • Hygiene

ACTIVITIES

The Plaza Assisted Living provides its residents with a variety of recreational options daily. Whether they are in the mood for exercising, participating in arts and crafts, or playing board games, The Plaza’s activity program has something to meet their interests. Activities vary by location and can also include Tai Chi, chair yoga, Wii games, pet therapy, tea social, dining out, Zumba, and much more.

Through group settings and individualized programs, our vibrant and energetic team of recreation staff is ready and devoted to stimulate the mind, body, and soul.

Sample Activities:
  • Hanafuda Club
  • Arts & Crafts
  • Korean Dramas
  • Bingo Bonanza

Our community is locally-owned and operated and supports resident independence by providing a variety of community amenities, support services, and beautiful views at the gateway of Waikiki.

Features of The Plaza at Waikiki