The Peninsula

5100 W Hallandale Beach Blvd, Hollywood, FL, 33023

Reviews of The Peninsula

Heidi15 January 26, 2016

I liked The Peninsula. I really loved it. It was very neat and clean, and the people were very nice and polite. The people working there were very good people. I liked them. Overall, I liked the place.

anonymous117902350 December 10, 2015

I didn’t like the Peninsula. It wasn’t homey, didn’t feel comfortable, and was dark.

Nadia3 October 30, 2015

The Peninsula is lovely and really nice. They have activities, though I think my mom wants more activities because it’s geared toward continuing care. They are nice to her, and the meals are good. She’s made friends there; she was pretty much just sitting in home by herself before. They take the residents shopping and out to dinner. They have nice things for them to do and don’t overstress them. She is not alone, which is really the key, because when she was living with me, she was home alone as I and my cousin worked. She had a couple of falls that she didn’t tell us about. It seems clean and nice. They all seem nice and caring, too. I had dinner there with her, and they are very accommodating. She likes the studio, and she has one of the biggest ones with which she is very happy. Because she is in a studio downstairs, she actually gets up as opposed to just staying in her bedroom.

Caring114302650 October 21, 2015

Peninsula looked like it needed renovation. It was disgusting. There were people sitting outside with walkers and wheelchairs. When I walked in the place it looked like it needed a paint job. It didn’t strike me. I saw people coming down for lunch and they told me that the percentage of men was very small, about 20% men and the rest were women. I wasn’t happy.

rosiebeau September 03, 2015

My father was a resident at this facility. He hated it and I wanted to move him, but my brother Jim had power to override me and pretty much didn't care one way or the other about what my father's needs were...I found them to be cold and uncaring, except where the money was concerned. They were inept and left my father on his own..most of the time he had empty bottles of wine in his room and eventually he fell and hit his head and never came out of it. This facility may look good from the outside, but looks are deceiving and this place is the epitomy of deception. Avoid at all costs.

Christina18 June 20, 2015

The Peninsula building is new; the cleanliness is good. The room square footage is not too bad, and it’s well maintained.

Dolores16 June 18, 2015

I thought The Peninsula was nice; the rooms were nice, and the food was good. They had a lot of activity; it is more open, more like going into a hotel. I wasn’t too happy with the actual care unit for the memory loss.

eyeredto May 29, 2015

We spent a lot of time looking for a place for a 91 year old father and came across the Peninsula. We set him up there and everything seem to be going fine for the first couple of months and then we noticed some very odd things he started to decline, they had a man who knew when he needed to go to the bathroom just needed some assistance in diapers, he didn't need to be in diapers, but keeping him in diapers made it easier for them because they didn't have enough aids. He got a wound while he was there that they neglected to take care of and it got to be a 3rd degree wound. They didn't give him his medicines properly, doctors visits weren't arranged properly, the director of nursing was clueless as to any questions about his health. On a rainy day you can guarantee somewhere in the place will be flooded, elevators not working, food is disgusting. We took our Father out of there and have been looking for a better place he is now in rehab due to what they neglected and his poor health condition when we finally decided to remove him from that facility please be careful of where you put your parents, check those places out thoroughly and keep going back because once you turn your back and give them time to know you're not coming they change trust me.

Caring88799350 May 04, 2015

The Peninsula is close to where I live. The staff seemed to be very friendly and helpful. The place is clean. The room is like a hotel room. The room is spacious, and I got my own furniture and plants. The closet is very big. The food sucks, and they can improve on the menu. They have a mass once a week, exercises three times a week, and bingo 3-4 times a day. Safety and security management are good.

Lori6276 April 21, 2015

My mom was a resident at this community for 5 years, it was as happy as it could be for her. During her last days the staff bent over backwards to accommodate her, they also have hospice on site which also aided with her condition. I couldn't have asked for more. She made so many friends and they had a little ceremony at the community after she passed. I would highly recommend this community to any family!!

atwillia009 February 12, 2015

At first this establishment seemed like a good place for our mom. The staff seemed reasonably capable and seemed to care about providing good service. As time went on, however, and many of the staff turned over, I became increasingly appalled at the practically lethal combination of apathy and incompetence displayed by the staff and management. As my mother's health deteriorated and she needed them most, they were at their worst. Everything from medication management to bathing and feeding was routinely botched. And, every time we raised these issues to management, they were met with total indifference! It was gut-wrenching to see mom in tears as she begged us to move her from this hell hole. Unfortunately, her health had declined to the point that her doctors strongly advised us against moving her. In hindsight, I wish we had gone ahead and done it anyway. At least her last days would have been pleasant. On the very night that she passed away, she called me in tears yet again over a screw up by the staff. If you love your parent, do yourself a favor and avoid this place like the plague. I wouldn't even board my pet there!! Just remember, you've been warned!!!

Caring98462650 February 11, 2015

We have had mom at Peninsula for four months, and we took her out of there as they don’t have any help. It is an assisted living facility, but they have memory care. We didn’t like the environment at Peninsula. The girls have to share the food at the table. Her room was OK, and the activities were OK.

Zoretta February 10, 2015

The Peninsula is super expensive looking and costly. It is very expensive. They have some rooms where there are three people in a room with no walls in between. It was more like an institution. They took us to the area for memory care where she will eventually be placed. It was not where we wanted her to end up. They have activities, and they have a little calendar. They have a young lady, who is the activities director, running around with the paper. They limited the activities. They did not mingle the people in the Alzheimer's unit with the regular people. They ate by themselves, and they did everything else by themselves. They have movie nights for the regular residents, but not for the Alzheimer's unit. They have elevator music playing all the time, and everybody moves slowly. It was very distasteful for me. I said I don't want her end up there because my person is very lively and very social. But the place is very clean, and it is very upscale. They have heavy furniture and tapestries on the wall. You could see where all the money goes.

gergio January 17, 2015

Great place I moved my friend from sea side resort, I am so glad the help more caring and the administrator and director of nursing really cares.. this is the best place for the money. I am so glad she moved here

Linda97950250 January 14, 2015

I am searching a facility for my aunt. I really liked The Peninsula, but the only issue that I had with it was that it is too far for me. I wanted something closer to where her sister and other parts of the family can visit. It is nice though, and I liked it. I would have wanted her to see it. I like the fact that they have a cafeteria, where she can pick out her meal through the menu up on the board and a movie room. I also like that the people were out and about and were not confined to a room. They could come and go freely and were treated like any regular people to me, and I liked that. The ones I saw seemed to be happy. They were laughing, socializing, and playing cards. They were doing everything. It has pretty much everything she will need. But we are concerned with the location because we don't want her to be somewhere people cannot go and see her. I'll recommend this to my aunt.

Greg21 December 26, 2014

The visit at The Peninsula Assisted Living was very good, but the facility was extremely dated. It was very old. The selling staff was very nice. The rooms were OK. They weren't great, but they weren't too bad. They were OK. What I like about them was that they were very friendly. They just need to remodel the whole place.

Caring98675150 December 19, 2014

When my mother broke her hip, the Peninsula was the only facility that would take somebody in a wheelchair into an assisted living at that time. Everybody else wanted her to go into the nursing home at that point. It also is predominantly Jewish. At first it was good enough, but when she had more needs, they weren't following through with her. They weren't doing what she needed. Her room is very nice. The grounds are adequate for the people who live there, but the outside is not really that great. The food has gotten worse, and the activities are redundant, but it is adequate for my mother at this stage of her life. My mother was having very loose bowels, and I couldn't get anybody to keep her clean. They weren't caring for her sufficiently, but she doesn't have that problem so much anymore, so she's getting enough care to keep her satisfied at this point.

Caring78622950 December 09, 2014

I like the environment of The Peninsula; that is why I chose this facility for myself. I like the welcoming that I received. I like their rooms too. They did show me three rooms, and one of them I adored. I also like its location because I have lived in this neighborhood for 40 years.

Caring77326950 October 06, 2014

The Peninsula was very good. They were very good people. They’re very friendly, too. The rooms are big and very nice. They have exercise, games, music, basically everything.

mrzzz July 24, 2014

84 yrs old -over two yrs living here--management very cold --meals good and bad selections and quality --no security in parking lot -also most meals are cold when you receive the food --many ltems like towels toilet paper plus poor quality -- building l leaks when it rains other problems--other items to heip me with money best value for money

Mazurn June 19, 2014

My dad has been living here for 10 years, he is very happy. They take care of him very well, he enjoys the food and all the activities. Most of the staff there has also been here for 8 years. I am very happy with The Peninsula!

sack33186 June 09, 2014

My mom has lived at the facility for 8 years,the staff is great.They are always helpful,and caring to all the residents.my moms apartment is cleaned every day, she loves the food and the activities. There is always something to do !

Herbert3 March 26, 2014

The impression I got when I had a visit at The Peninsula was very cold and so I wasn’t impressed with the facility. I had lunch there and the food was good. The staff were professional, courteous, and kind, but I just didn’t feel that I belong there.

Linda67528250 August 28, 2013

My mother is a current resident of The Peninsula. It is smaller than some we have looked at but this one appealed to her in that it is not overwhelming for her. We put her there primarily because she has macular degeneration and secondly because she has dementia. She can no longer live by herself because she is almost blind. There is also a likelihood that she is going to get Alzheimer's. Fortunately, this place would make it possible for her to advance to their Alzheimer's unit. The facility was once a hospital converted to an assisted living facility. However, it is clean and immaculate. It doesn't smell like urine. Their lobby is just gorgeous. They do have areas for activities where there have their card tables, TV, etc., but no one uses these areas. They also have a little gazebo area but nobody goes there. All of their residents just sit on park benches in front and stare out at people as they come in. It is the most depressing and heartbreaking sight in the world. The staff is so friendly. At one time, they helped defrost my mom's small refrigerator, so when a friend of mine and I stopped over for a visit, there was no ice. One of the attendants offered to get us some and two minutes later, she came back with three Styrofoam glasses full of ice for us. That's their attitude all the time, not just to their patients, but even to us visitors as well. Food is excellent in The Peninsula. The chef that they have even caters to the residents' preferences and needs. When he found that my mother's last name was German, he had put some German dishes on the menu and that is so sweet. They have three meals a day and they do happy hours with cheese and crackers twice a week. They have popcorns with the movies. They have ice cream social once a week. There is always food. I appreciate that.

Frank13 July 25, 2013

The people at The Peninsula are very nice. My parents are there and they got two rooms. The facility is nice. The only thing is that the hours that they eat are very early and I think that's probably the hardest thing that they would get accustomed to.

ACatG August 01, 2011

I went to go visit this location because I have seen it so many times driving by and honestly, the building is extremely beautiful. It's a close location to near by stores and etc and is easy to find since it's on a main road. The location is clean and friendly and up to date with maintenance. There are different floor plan rooms; You can either choose to live on your own or with a room mate, You can have visited overs at times that you'd like, pet and the luxury of being taken care of throughout the day and night. There are some assisted living centers that act like hospitals where they aren't free to do much, The Peninsula seems like an apartment building were the residents are able to have their own car parked at the location and the option of living alone. There are employees at this location who come by and clean residents rooms, bathrooms and the location itself, since many residents aren't able to do stuff on their own. This location is a very nice and caring assisted living facility.

HeyHey July 27, 2011

I have an extremely close family friend who works at The Peninsula and when I visited this facility to get information and look for a well managed Assisted Living Facility for future reference for family, I noticed from right off the bat that the outside of this facility is a very clean and peaceful area, Residents are able to walk and relax outside and feel right at home since this facility looks like any normal 5 star hotel/apartment building. I also noticed that the residents have more freedom to choose what type of rooms they would like to live in and if they want to live alone or with a roommate as well as have the option to have a pet, their own car at the facility or fast and easy transportation anywhere. When I was at this location I noticed that there were a lot of family members visiting the residents and when I asked a few residents if its always busy like this they said "Family can come over and stay as long as you want, you're treated more like a resident and not like a patient". Residents rooms are cleaned everyday by staff and there are staffs throughout the facility all day who check up on everyone to see how their day is doing or if they need anything.

From The Peninsula

The Peninsula offers assisted living and secured memory and Alzheimer's care services in Hollywood, FL. Licensed for 200 residents, The Peninsula is full of vibrant activity while also offering a warm and comfortable feel.

Located within The Peninsula we also offer The Garden which is a secured memory care residence. The Peninsula and The Garden provide a full spectrum of services, care and activities for all residents. At The Peninsula, hospitality is the primary focus of all employees. Team members, many of which have been with the community for numerous years, cater to each resident’s individual needs making gracious service a way of life.

Features of The Peninsula

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, Theatre

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,595/month

• Minimum age: None

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of The Peninsula