Sunshine Christian Homes

5250 WHIPPOORWILL DRIVE, Holiday, FL, 34690

Reviews of Sunshine Christian Homes

not pleased! December 16, 2012

A caring, calm facility, with staff working hard to provide good care!

tampabayCNA November 10, 2011

Once I found this building, off of Whipperwill Drive, I was enchanted by the beautiful perennials that manicured the entrance. From the main street called Grand Blvd, you would never know that a "gem" sat back off a side street. The building was beautiful and once you approach the doors that automatically open upon arrival, it feels as if you stepped into another world. Happy residents relaxing in the common areas, some playing cards and others watering plants or visiting with family. There is a "doctors office type" window that visitors sign in and out on a log and a woman pleasantly greets you and gives you directions to where you need to go. Physical therapists were walking residents in the hallways and I couldn't help but notice all of the beautiful pictures and murals on the walls. The building appears to be shaped like the letter "H". There is a "locked" area with automatic doors that requires clearance. This area seemed to be designated for patients that suffer different stages of dementia. Most rooms seemed to be double occupancy and each resident had a closet that was solely for their belongings. Every room has its own bathroom with a commode. There is a central shower room to each hall. Three showers with privacy draping and a attendant. There is tea time everyday and constant activities for every limitation. When you look through the windows you notice that the property is circles by little cottage type homes that are also for retired living. The one thing that caught my eye immediately about this building is the fact that it has a lot of carpeted areas, when most large Alf's seem to have all tile flooring. It is not shag carpet, but the classic solid to the floor type carpet, that they were cleaning this particular day. Sound did not bounce and it did not feel like a "hospital". This little feature actually made it feel very welcoming. I did not eat at this facility, but the food looked and smelled great. The staff was plentiful and actually noticed every new face and greeted me at every corner. The fact that all of them were paying attention to the fact that I was there and where I was going , yet were very nice and welcoming put me at ease. I would place my mother here if I needed a ALF for her. On the particular day that I asked them about their occupancy, they had a small waiting list, which in my opinion signified something wonderful!

About Sunshine Christian Homes

Sunshine Christian Homes is an assisted living facility in Holiday, FL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Sunshine Christian Homes for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Sunshine Christian Homes