Brookdale Hockessin

6677 Lancaster Pike, Hockessin, DE, 19707

Reviews of Brookdale Hockessin

Caring82445450 June 28, 2014

If you're looking for independent, assisted, and skilled, Windsor Place does not have all three levels. They were smaller than I was looking for for my dad. The staff was informative.

Margaret32 January 30, 2014

My friend has been in Windsor Place since September. She's very happy there. I don't live close, I'm a hour and a half away from there. I've been there several times and the people seemed very caring about each of their resident and Mary, in particular, is not as disabled as most of them but she's enjoying herself. It's one large room with a separate bathroom and she's quite comfortable and happy there. I haven't tried the food but she's not terribly happy with that but Mary is a very picky eater as long as I've known her so I really wouldn't judge the food by her. I know they do have activities every time I've been there. They've been either playing bingo or doing something with the residents. From what I've seen, it's clean and they clean her place. They do all the cleaning, they do all the laundry, they take care of pretty much everything. The price is a little bit higher than I had anticipated with what Mary's finances will be able to handle for a certain length of time. I still would recommend it to people, otherwise, I would be taking her out.

Kawasae July 24, 2012

The facility on the outside seemed beautiful, but once on the inside it was a little directionless. Basically, it was hard to find your way around and no one seemed to be really interested in helping. It was as though they just assumed you knew where you were going, and that you'd find your way eventually. The food was alright, although the rooms were very dark inside.

stevejr July 11, 2012

The facility is a beautiful converted mansion on a gorgeous wooded lot in the heart of the Wilmington suburbs. The place has an old south feel and is very clean and well kept. There is adequate security at the main entrance to keep out any unwanted visitors and prevent any frisky residents from making a break for the road. The foyer is adorned with a large chandelier and old world staircase leading to the second floor. The staff however is not very approachable and there is no way of telling who is in charge. Throughout the tour there was an absence of any management presence which is very concerning considering this is supposed to be a top notch facility. The dining area is very nice and the food was really good, not normal institutional fare. The residents seemed well taken care of and in good spirits. The facility also had several sitting areas with flat screen televisions and numerous board games. There is also a quaint outside garden area which would be ideal for spring and summer visits with the family. Even though the residents are in need of regular care the place did not feel like a hospital or typical nursing home.

Evania September 30, 2011

My grandfather resides at this residence currently, he has been there for a year and a half now. My grandfather as well as myself are very pleased with the accommodations that are available everyday. The food was much better than expected and the staff was amazingly friendly. If there are any questions that we need to have answered the staff will go out of their way to figure out the problem and come back in a timely manner with a response. Moreover, if you have a request ranging from food to extra pillows the staff will never be turned down of forgotten about. The furniture around the facility is as comfortable as in your own home, not to mention the cleanliness of the community areas as well as the individual rooms are well kept. I would highly recommend this as an option if you are looking for an assisted living facility.

Nick Rivello July 31, 2011

I had quite an experience at Windsor Place retirement home. Everything there was past my expectations from the food I ate to the staff that cared for the elderly Possibly my favorite thing about Windsor Place was the delicious food prepared by the chefs who really really seemed to care a lot. I caught a word with one who said bringing food to the elderly actually brought her overwhelming joy. The staff was no different. Everything seems to be great and Windsor place. Everyone seems in their right place. Another thing i loved about the place was the cleanliness of it all. I was taken off guard when this more public place was easily twice as clean as my own home! The bathroom i used was magnificent as where the other rooms. The bedrooms were VERY nice. Everything in the joint was tastefully decorated to my pleasure.

four June 24, 2011

This complex is very nice, even from the outside one can see that this is true. The building has an exceptionally grand entrance that leads one to believe that the inside is just as grand. However, this is not exactly the case. That is not to say that the facility is poorly constructed or managed, but it seems Windsor Place has a reputation it cannot live up to. Everything was basically just average throughout the facility. The cafeteria was nothing special, nor were rooms in which residents reside. All that said, the staff were all very helpful and nice. They certainly made up for some of the unexpected shortcomings of the complex.

From Brookdale Hockessin

Brookdale Hockessin provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Hockessin