Morning Pointe of Hixson

5501 Old Hixson Pike, Hixson, TN, 37343

Reviews of Morning Pointe of Hixson

Sally22 April 24, 2014

Our family has been involved with MPH since the first day it opened...we have had experience on the assisted living side and now the Lantern...I can't say enough about the love and care that we have experienced since Mom has been there... I can't imagine having been at any other facility. Every question or comment has been addressed in a timely manner and with the care that what we say is important, never like we were imposing on their time. The cleanliness of the facility and resident rooms is incomparable...I could go on and on but just know that any time I have the opportunity to praise MPH or recommend it to others I don't hesitate because I know that it's the best facility that Chattanooga has to offer.

Ricky2 April 23, 2014

In August of 2011, my sister and I were forced with the incredibly difficult decision as to what to do with an ailing father who had much earlier been diagnosed with Dementia - Alzheimer’s. We had done all we could have up to this point to allow our father to stay in his house including the hiring of sitters. Unfortunately, my father had reached a point in his illness where staying at home simply was becoming less and less an option for many reasons.

During this time, my sister and I scheduled appointments and began touring approximately seven possible assisted living facilities in the Chattanooga/Hamilton County area. Our tour experience, probably similar to others facing the same point in life, was eye-opening. With no offense to any specific facility, there were two tours that we simply stopped within the first ten minutes. Whether it was the physical condition of the property, the perceived condition and care of residents, cleanliness, food choice and quality or some other factor, we simply knew very quickly that these facilities would not be appropriate for our father. During the same day of touring facilities, we visited Morning Pointe in Hixson, TN. Our first impression was very positive, from the minute we pulled into the facility parking lot.....the appearance of the grounds and landscaping, it was obvious to us that this facility was different from the others we had visited.

The Morning Pointe Hixson facility appeared to be well maintained and up to date. The entire campus was well appointed, free of clutter and very clean. The management and staff were quick to welcome us and eager to show us their product and services. Simply put, the Morning Pointe of Hixson was clearly the finest and highest quality facility from all aspects that we toured. We also found it interesting that at that time, Morning Pointe was the only facility that we had toured that had a waiting list. It confirmed for my sister and I that other families had also seen and felt exactly what we had experienced!

We moved our father into a two bedroom apartment at Morning Pointe in November, 2011 and we have never looked back or regretted our decision. After 2 ½ years, we can confidently say that they have consistently outperformed our expectations with their overall care of our father. The management staff is caring and attentive not only to the residents, but also to the resident’s families. They are always available for short or lengthy discussions that allow for an open and secure line of communication between families and staff. The Medical Management program, with RN’s being responsible for procuring and dispensing of our father’s medications, is a significant program that allows families like ours to have the trust that all of our father’s medicines and his overall prescription program is being handled correctly. Residents have a variety of choices of food to order at every meal and we continue to be impressed with the quality of the prepared food. Dessert is served or offered at lunch and dinner which makes the residents very happy. As a family, we have been very pleased to see how well and how much our father enjoys his meals at Morning Pointe, including dessert at both lunch and dinner!!

Our father loves his apartment which we furnished with some of his furniture and personal belongings from his former residence. More importantly, our father feels very safe and secure at Morning Pointe and this fact alone is such a blessing to us and important to his overall health. Our father has been and continues to be a very consistent participant in a variety of activities that are being offered every day. Morning Pointe stresses activities and the Activities Director at the Hixson facility is simply fantastic! Whether it is in-house games, art projects, outside visitors who play music, sing songs, show off animals, etc. there is always something occurring in the Activities Room. Couple that with consistent outside activities such as “road trip lunches” to some great restaurants around our region or simply a driving tour, the overall activities program at Morning Pointe is fantastic. As a family, we love knowing that our father is active, engaged and not just sitting in his apartment all day.

Simply put, my sister and I would highly recommend Morning Pointe of Hixson and have to many families. Additionally, we would also endorse the entire business and management platform that the Morning Pointe facilities ascribe to as quality and attention to detail are present throughout the entire Morning Pointe operating manual. The well-being of each resident continues to be the single most important thing to the entire Morning Pointe staff.

Vicki28 April 04, 2014

When it became time to move my Mother from out of state to be closer to me in Chattanooga, I toured numerous assisted living facilities around the area. When I walked into the Morning Pointe of Hixson, I knew it was the one. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming from the décor to the management team. Due to my Mother’s numerous health issues, she needs additional help with eating, dressing and bathing and we have been extremely satisfied with the level and quality of caring service she receives from the caregivers. The management continues to exceed our expectations with the activities and special events they provide for the residents. Morning Pointe is truly a friendly and caring community where both she and I enjoy.

Caring74846250 January 11, 2014

I think Morning Pointe of Hixson was a nice facility. I enjoyed my visit there. For me, it looked good the way they run it. It was also a very clean facility. They have very nice gathering area. The environment looked good though more like an institution. The staff was very nice. They're good in how they treated me during the visit. They were accommodating and friendly.

From Morning Pointe of Hixson

Conveniently located next to Hixson High School and just down the road from Northgate Mall in Hixson, Tennessee, a suburb of Chattanooga, Morning Pointe of Hixson is a single level state-of-the-art assisted living community situated on twenty acres offering 53 spacious apartments with multiple floor plan choices. The facility also offers an additional 16 apartments in The Lantern Alzheimer's Memory Care program, a separate, secure wing of the building.

At Morning Pointe you will find assistance with medication, transportation to appointments, delicious meals... whatever your loved one needs and whenever they need it, Morning Pointe is here serving the greater Chattanooga area.

Morning Pointe can help manage the uncertainty of caring for an aging loved one, while enhancing their independence. At Morning Pointe, trained staff listen to learn the resident's preferences and needs. Each care plan is tailored to assure dignity and enhance quality of life. Individual care plans are reviewed regularly and when necessary are coordinated with outside medical providers allowing the residents’ ever changing needs to be met today and in the future.

Licensed nurses at Morning Pointe work closely with the resident’s family and physicians to understand changing medication needs. Our licensed nurses oversee medication management ensuring your loved one takes the correct medication at the right time.

In The Lantern Alzheimer's memory care program at Morning Pointe, the staff nurture and maintain each resident's individuality, dignity and quality of life through our Meaningful Day program. By investing time and attention in understanding roles, routines, life experiences and interests of each resident,The Lantern team of professionals create an environment that truly enhances the quality of life.

Eating right doesn’t have to be hard. At Morning Pointe, our staff work closely with the residents to understand their preferences and create an ever changing menu that includes seasonal fruits and vegetables. A wide variety of nutritious entrees and always available alternate items create a dining experience that is full of choices.

Social interaction is one of the keys to healthy aging. At Morning Pointe, our staff listens to understand individual interests and past experiences to help build a Life Enrichment Program that includes a wide variety of activities, giving a sense of purpose and creating meaningful days. Come See the Difference at Morning Pointe!

Features of Morning Pointe of Hixson

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,825/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

Location of Morning Pointe of Hixson