Brookdale Hixson

4515 Hixson Pike, Hixson, TN, 37343

Reviews of Brookdale Hixson

March 31, 2015

By mitzi4150

I would recommend it to other families if their residents would not have dementia or Alzheimer's. It is a great facility if they don't have that. They are really not geared towards Alzheimer's and dementia. The nursing staff is great. We have been very pleased with Brookdale. It is very clean, very homelike, and has a caring staff.

March 27, 2015

I have found one, but they went way up in the price after three months, so I have to move her. My mom has been at Brookdale since December. A couple of weeks ago they called me, and I went in. They said that on the first of April it will go up a certain amount. I said she can't do that, and I can't afford to pay the difference. I know what my mom withdraws, and she doesn't withdraw that much money. So I said I will be moving her out before this month is over. She was in respite the whole time she was there. Mama loved them. It was great because she made lots of friends and she likes it there. As far as their meals and dining room, their patients that are there and some of the service, it was really nice. But the business people -- especially the existing director -- no.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us. Please be assured that we are passionately committed to serving our residents. Our goal is to provide an individualized plan of care to fit our residents' needs. We will share your feedback to help better serve our residents and their families in the future.

January 29, 2015

By Wanda21

Wellington Place is nice, and I really liked it. It is smaller, and it had a more homey feel to it. The way they had it laid it out, my mother might get lost in the hallways. All of the hallways will lead back to a central area. They have been very good to mom. They took excellent care of her. They have wonderful programs to keep them busy like physical therapy and things that she can do to stay on her feet. I like the people, and the food is good. I'm satisfied with it.

September 26, 2014

By Caring81906750

It felt like the Wellington Place was a warm atmosphere, very homey, and I felt that the care was good. The place is very clean and easy to get to. My mother's got a studio and I think it is very nice. She cannot see very well and I think the room is perfect for her since it is a larger studio. But she doesn't like the food. She does the exercises, goes to the music events, and she has gone on some of the outings. I think they need to cater more to having a heated burger on the side or something similar, so that if you didn't like what they were cooking, you could have something beside what they made.

March 26, 2014

If she was moving into a facility, Wellington Place could have been my choice. They only had 43 residents, so their resident counsel is everybody rather than a representative. The residents went out of their way to talk to me. It's also smaller and the set up is neat. The staff was really nice. They have a daughter's club, a support group. When you sit at the table, then you order from the menu. You don't need to plan a week ahead. But the rooms were pretty much standard, I think it doesn't have any differences than the others in terms of square feet, etc. I like this the best.

December 19, 2013

By JoeT

My mother has been a resident her for several years. The new director is doing a great job. She has proved to be wise at replacing employees, most recently a new and talented cook...which is huge. I feel safe knowing Mom has a entire staff that is considerate and caring. Rare in this world.

November 26, 2013

By Linda74645950

Wellington Place of Hixson was clean. I didn't detect any odor when I walked in. It was also secure. The lady I was visiting there had good things to say about it. She said that if she couldn't be at home, then that was a good place to be. I had only seen only one room and I would say that it was average in size.

November 22, 2013

By Sylvia11

Everybody at Wellington Place was really nice. The lady that we talked to was very informative of everything. It was clean and well kept. However, price wise, it was just too expensive for what we were looking for. The rooms we saw didn't have a kitchen. They had a lot of things for the residents to do.

August 15, 2013

I'm living in an assisted living facility which is Welling Place of Hixson. I'd like a little bit more private time. I recommend that instead of opening the door, I'd rather have them knock first and be invited in. The food here is not good. They should offer more activities, I'm getting so bored.

July 11, 2012

By Linda B1

Let's just say I was very nervous about letting my grandmother live by herself again after her health issues, but this place has made me feel great about the decision I made to let her live on her own. They are so friendly! I can't say that enough. They help her with whatever she needs and they contact me right away if need be, and it's very close to me, which makes me feel a lot better. The place is so nice and even I would enjoy living there. They seem to care about the people that live there because they try their hardest to make sure that the person is comfortable and happy. I was worried that she would get excited and move into this place then it would turn out terrible because I've heard stories about places and I didn't want that for her.. But they have proven that not all places are bad! I still wish she lived with me sometimes, but I'm happy because she's happy with her freedom and place to live!

May 30, 2012

By martin6172

My grandfather stayed here. It was a very nice facility with many amnities. The staff were very helpful and the place was very clean. They have an events corrdinator and on one visit they had girl scouts come in to sing Christmas carols to the residents. They have a facilities room that is very nice forthe residents to view tv or gather for events.

January 06, 2012

By dk77881

My Mother moved into Wellington Place about two months ago. I drove all the way from Savannah Georgia to visit her a few weeks after she moved in to see how she was doing and check the place out. When I first pulled in the parking lot I wasn't too impressed with the building as it seemed pretty old and out-dated. When I walked in I was immediately greeted by a friendly lady and directed towards my Mother's room. As I walked to the room I was acknowledged by almost every resident there and they were all so very polite. My mother's room was decently spacious, even though she took up a lot of that space with her large amount of furniture she wanted to hold on to. My mother talked about how nice the workers there are and how she had made so many friends. This made me so happy to hear as I was worried she wouldn't enjoy assisted living. She talked about how she loves getting her hair done from the hairdressers that work there and how she loves the food they offer. I could honestly tell she was appreciating the food due to the obvious amount of weight she had put on. She said she exercises a lot and goes on walks every day with her friend 'Susan'. Overall, I was very relieved to see how well-run the place was and how happy my Mother was. I would recommend Wellington Place to any others out there considering having one of their loved ones move into a assisted living facility.

December 11, 2011

• Staff Patient Ratio: 16 To 1
  • Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Brookdale Hixson

Brookdale Hixson provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Two enclosed courtyards Pets allowed Secure community