Linden Ponds

203 Linden Ponds Way, Hingham, MA, 02043

Reviews of Linden Ponds

Caring109452450 July 13, 2015

We went to Linden Ponds. It is a very big place, and it has everything you would need. It has a shuttle service, and it has four places to eat. They do independent living and memory care. It was a very nice place. Food was very good. The rooms were of good size. They were spread out just like a regular big condo. We were more into the assisted living end of it than they wanted us to be, so we got rejected, but it was a very nice place. I was ready to move in.

The dining areas were not formal, but they were nice. They were of good size. They have two big main dining rooms, a couple of pubs, and then an all-day restaurant of some sort. The food was good. You can get a drink with your supper, and that's one thing that the other places don't have.

Unhappy experience July 04, 2015

My uncle went into Linden Ponds for rehab. It was then determined that he couldn't go home again. They wanted to charge him $250,000 per year! They did nothing for him. They didn't cut his finger nails or toenails, they didn't cut his hair. They didn't take him to any activities or let him know when activities were happening. Physical therapy was almost non existent. I would never advise anyone to go to that place. A huge ripoff?

Anonymous103942850 April 17, 2015

Linden Ponds was excellent. We liked it very much. The people, the activities, and everything else were all very interesting. They have a lot of things to do there. They had one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments, and they were great. We had lunch there, and the food was excellent.

RobertW January 31, 2015

My mother lived at Linden Ponds for 9 years. While the facilities are very nice and the employees dedicated she found it to be much too big and had trouble forming friendships with other residents. Obviously, some people would love the diversity that size brings but she found it difficult. Her ties to Hingham were the only reason she stayed as long as she did. She has since moved to a smaller retirement community in Maine and finds it more suitable for her.

Perhaps a more vexing problem she has encountered is that they have been very slow in renovating and marketing her unit. Five months after she vacated they have only just begun to show it. So don't expect to get your deposit back quickly if you decide it's not the right place for you

Caring102436650 December 02, 2014

I had heard good things about Linden Ponds from a number of people. Their prices seemed reasonable. The apartments were very nice. I've looked at one- and two-bedroom units. They have apartments. They're very nice. Everything was very clean. I didn't come in contact with that many staff, but the staff that I did see was very nice. They seemed to have a number of activities. They had something with knitting -- and I used to knit -- they had films, and they had book clubs. Their grounds were very nice. I remembered it was very nice and very pleasant, and they seemed to have a lot of land. They had walking trails. They had transportation to a train. Their dining room looked very nice.

Kathy100685550 October 22, 2014

We’ve looked at Linden Ponds, and it was beautiful. We saw what they offered. The rooms and apartments were all beautiful and nicely appointed. They were all very polite to us, and they have good activities for the people, too. They had an art class, and they do ice cream socials and stuff like that.

Linda86705950 May 30, 2014

The staff are wonderful at Linden Ponds. They are very thorough. We got in a shuttle and we had our tour, and it's really big. We also took a walk, and we saw the dining room. We saw everything, and it was very nice. They did a great job. They had a lot of stuff going on for the people. I love the place. It was really, really big, and my mom was kind of overwhelmed by it.

JakePup September 27, 2012

Great location, very peaceful and remote, yet close to Boston, easy off the highway for visits. Very new and clean facilities, pleasant and helpful staff. Spacious accommodations and hallways. It is quite large, so it does not have a very intimate feel, but one cannot have everything. They let my uncle live independently, the way he wanted, though we felt rushed to move him when he began to refuse treatment.

travelfan87 June 13, 2012

Over the last few years I have visited my grandmother at Linden Ponds over a dozen times. The facility is always spotless, including the grounds and all common areas. Even the gym and pool are pristine. From the moment you enter, the scene is so peaceful and perfect that it makes even a young person want to live there. The staff is always very friendly and as helpful as they can be. Servers in the dining room are very pleasant and happy to chat with residents and visitors alike. The security gate is always manned, no matter the hour, and the guard always greets you with a smile. They even keep a look out for me when I go for a run, and make sure that I have gotten back safe and sound. I am extremely impressed with their door monitoring system to make sure that no one gets stuck in their rooms. My only complaint is that the food quality has fallen. Granted, it still isn't bad, but at first it didn't taste like cafeteria food at all, but now the food tastes and looks mass produced. Since my grandmother lost her sense of taste, this has impacted her far more than it would most, because she can't judge that the food still tastes pretty good. Overall, though, the facilities, staff and activities and services available at Linden Ponds are excellent.

From Linden Ponds

Boston extended care at Renaissance Gardens offers compassionate levels of support for all your needs. We're located on the lush, 108-acre campus of Linden Ponds, the Erickson Living community in Hingham, Massachusetts, easily accessible from Boston and Cape Cod.

Our Boston extended care residents enjoy plenty of fun activities, like movies at the nearby Patriot Cinemas, plus some of the best shopping and dining on the South Shore.

Our experienced team offers the following services in a homelike environment:

• Memory Care
  • Short-Term Rehab
  • Long-Term Care

Unlike other Boston extended care options, all the activities and amenities of the Linden Ponds community are at your fingertips. But it's our compassionate caregivers that truly set us apart. We treat you or your loved one like a member of the family, providing comfort, support and personalized care.

Location of Linden Ponds