Carillon Assisted Living of Hillsborough

1911 Orange Grove Road, Hillsborough, NC, 27278

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Carillon Assisted Living of Hillsborough

August 01, 2014

Carillon Assisted Living is beautiful to look at but they are understaffed. If you get a call button, they will tell you the turnaround time for somebody to come help is 20 minutes. It's not. It's more like an hour, sometimes 2 hours. My mom fell there a couple of times and it was quite a while before anybody talked to her. I tested the call button myself to see how long it took and it takes a long time. The food is good in the kitchen but they did not have enough CNAs and medtechs on staff. The activities there were another thing that really bothered me. They had a board and it would say what activities were coming up daily and half the time, they didn't happen. A preacher was coming on Sunday and it didn't happen. I was not impressed with that at all. The management said they were doing the best they could. They didn't make any changes while she was there.

July 12, 2013

By Charlotte9

I chose Carillon Assisted Living because it is close to where I could get to my mom. It is also affordable. It is a very nice and very clean facility. It is nicely furnished and there is no smell. The facility is very attractive. Their staff is extremely good, very caring, and very nurturing to the patients, which I think is the most important. My mom is happy there but because of lack of hearing and sight, she is not able to participate in a lot of their activities, they do have quite a few though. I would recommend this facility.

August 14, 2012

By caring6251

I was warmly welcomed there. Katie M. was mainly the one who gave me the tour and the one I was dealing with, and talked about all the paperwork. I didn't have the chance to meet much staff because they were having a big staff meeting when I was there. The facility looks fine and that's the one I've decided where my husband will be moving in in a couple of weeks. The place was clean. The model room they showed me was fine. The bathroom was okay, the shower is accessible and he will have his own closet. He's going to have a roommate. He's not happy about that but that's what we can afford. I think my husband will adjust and be comfortable with it. Overall, it looked all right so I'm happy and satisfied. One big factor in choosing this facility is its home-like atmosphere. It's all on one level. He can walk around and there are like outdoor porches, sitting rooms, and that's what appealed to me.

March 14, 2012

By Teresa B.1

I have a friend residing at Carillon in Hillsborough. The care is better than I've seen at many of the assisted-living residences in the area. The facilities are clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly, though there are a few exceptions to that rule. A few individuals seem to feel that anything that disrupts their routine is a hardship. The rest of the staff is extremely helpful and open to suggestion. The food is well prepared and served at regular hours, though staff does tend to stick to that schedule. There is no open kitchen or food service outside of the schedule. Residents may bring guests to meals and are allowed to take fruit and other snack type items back to their rooms. Rooms are attractive and functional, though small in size. There are activities throughout the day that allow for resident socialization. There are various trips to shopping centers and outside activities provided. Like many of the rest of the assisted-living facilities, Carillon in Hillsborough has its imperfections but overall it is a good quality facility.

About Carillon Assisted Living of Hillsborough

Carillon Assisted Living of Hillsborough is an assisted living facility in Hillsborough, NC that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Carillon Assisted Living of Hillsborough for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Carillon Assisted Living of Hillsborough