Brookdale Hillsborough

Overview of Ratings

4.3

April 30, 2015

By William105794450

The Emeritus at Hillsborough was a very good facility. We were considering moving my mother there, but they were limited apparently when patients start to get to more advanced stages of Alzheimer's. They had a fairly wide and open dining area. They seemed perfectly good. The only problem I had was that they could not take care of late stages of Alzheimer's or dementia.

February 10, 2015

By Michelle105871250

Emeritus at Hillsborough is wonderful and beautiful. They have a fireplace right in the lobby, and all the elders are right there, some talking to each other. There is a staff member at a desk so you feel someone is right there watching. Nobody will wander out, or if a stranger came in, at least there was someone there. I walked by the dining area, and it is beautiful. It's like a five star restaurant because they have staff waiting on them. I liked the fact that it felt really homey, cozy, and safe. Even in the hallway down where the bedrooms are located, it felt like a hotel more than it did a nursing facility. There were nurses on staff, but it didn't feel like a nursing home. It felt like a hotel or someone's home.

October 06, 2014

Emeritus at Hillsborough is also a very nice facility. They were very welcoming, and the place was just really clean and pleasant, but just a little too far from me. When I was visiting, I did see family coming in and that seemed to be very friendly. I just thought it's a nice place to be if one has to be inside the place.

August 29, 2014

By Susan93446950

I visited Emeritus. It looked terrific and very clean. The director was quite friendly. The dining area is beautiful. It's well-lit and set up nicely. The seniors were grouped together according to their abilities. They had an activity calendar.

July 20, 2014

By Earl4

I have visited Emeritus at Hillsborough. I was treated by the staff very nicely. The place is definitely nicer than the other facility I visited and was a lot newer looking, that's for sure, but I think it was very expensive. It was very clean. I think the residents didn't really look like they were disengaged, but I didn't talk to anybody. I didn't say that much. I walked around it. They walked me in their room and talked to me a little bit. They gave me a brochure and they sent me out on my way. They spent more time with me at the other facility than they did at the Emeritus. I had a pleasant visiting experience, but I wouldn't put my mother there.

October 19, 2013

By Tammy3

I liked Emeritus at Hillsborough. It was a very nice facility, but the location of it would be hard as there's a lot of traffic to get to the facility. I would recommend it though.

March 11, 2013

By joanne21

After visiting the two assisted living facilities in my neighborhood, we chose Emeritus for my relative because it seems to us to be the cleaner and more pleasant of the two facilities. The employees were friendly and attentive to the residents. Although money was not the major factor, Emeritus offered our family more "perks" and services for our money. We are very pleased with our choice and feel that our relative is receiving outstanding care.

November 20, 2012

By Jmoc 23

I enjoyed the time I spent at the assisted living home.The staff was friendly and it was very clean. Everything was always tidy and in order. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone that is looking for a place to put a loved one. Everyone there is just so friendly and it makes visiting the place much more enjoyable. When you walk in for the first time, you are comforted with the clean smell and the pleasant decor. The rooms are nicely sized so that everyone has a good place to live. They also hold activities such as bingo which really gets the people going. They play to win little tickets or points that they can use to spend on things they like.

October 18, 2012

By caring10121

We went to Emeritus, got a tour and all that. I thought everybody was very friendly and nice. But it's still depressing at this stage of our lives. My wife is pretty young, she's 69 and she's got Alzheimer's. So we saw the wing for memory-impaired. It seems clean. The people seem content enough, but we're in a kind of strange situation because we're young and my wife's got the Alzheimer's and right now I'm receiving chemo for cancer, and it's not helping. So I need to have some place where my wife could go if I don't get better.

October 07, 2012

By assistedliving1

I would visit this facility multiple times to visit my mom. It is in a nice location, easy to find, and the area looks nice. the Staff are friendly, at least when im around. Everything was clean and kept in a nice condition. would rate 4 stars because i have seen better.

July 06, 2012

By ElleSm

I was visiting Emeritus as a relative of someone living there. The facility itself is quaint and well-kept; the interior looks almost like a golf country club, which may or may not be a comforting factor for some seniors. I imagine the furnishings are similar to the type of d̩cor many of the residents had in their previous homes. There was no apparent smell, which was nice. Nearly all uilities do not incur an additional fee. From speaking with my uncle who has stayed, it seems like most if not all of the staff genuinely care for the patrons. Some days, staff can get impatient or short with the seniors, however. There were plenty of activities for the seniors to participate in, including clubs and excursions, as well as multiple wellness and fitness areas. They also allow smaller pets to be brought in and even assist in taking care of them when needed.

June 29, 2012

By HappyCamper5

Overall we were quite pleased with our experience and visit at Emeritus at Hillsborough. Upon driving up we could easily tell the grounds were well cared for and everything was maintained very well. It was nice to pull up and see how well they kept up on the cleanliness of the entire site. The staff was also very friendly and the residents we saw seemed quite happy. We were able to even interact with several residents to really get an understanding of how they were treated and taken care of. This was big because the staff could easily portray one thing just to get you to believe it. This was not the case. Every resident we spoke to had great things to say which really put our minds at ease. Our biggest concern was the facilities themselves and that where we choose would be a great place for our grandma. After the visit we could tell that Emeritus at Hillsborough would be a top candidate in our upcoming decision. A decision like this is never ever easy but it is nice to know such facilities exist and really truly care about the people they look after. After all, they are our loved ones!

June 16, 2012

By cat0327

The Emeritus at Hillsborough is a wonderful facility. The staff is always very friendly and they are very kind to my grandmother and meet her every needs. There is 24/7 care for her and I know that she is in good hands there and if anything were to happen to her that they would be able to handle the situation very well. The facility is always very clean and well kept and the rooms are also very nice and a decent size. I loved the fact that the utilities were included in the total charge for a room and it is overall a wonderful place. I would recommend it to anyone in the area.

June 13, 2012

By cab324

I felt that they offered everything that she needs to be comfortable, and that she would be in good hands. However, regardless of the services provided it is always difficult psychologically for her and I'm sure all of the other patrons living there. This is because knowing you are dependent on other people is something difficult to accept that is constantly apparent when living in such a facility.

June 13, 2012

By RickWilson

The staff seemed nice, It was quiet and not to busy. One of the first things I noticed was the face that the facility was clean. My aunt complained about the fact that she doesn't get the full care she needs as far as food and she also has problems with mobility. We mentioned it to the staff and they assured us that they take her walks and excersize her during the day. The facility all together didn't seem to big but they have things to keep the people who stay there entertained. There was no smell of old people when I walked in which was a pleasant surprise. All together I give it a 4 star rating.

May 22, 2012

By Cathy McKinney

I toured this facility last week. I met with the community relations director. She took her time and didn't rush me through. She refered to the place as a community not a facility which I liked very much. The residents who live there were engaged in an activity that was age appropriate. The residents looked well kept and happy. The interior was well kept and clean. The staff were introduced to me during the tour. Some of the staff have been there a long time, over 5 years. The community relations director said she was fairly new there but was very knowledgeable about the place. The rooms are nice and all the utilities are included! There is no charge for an evaluation of care. The rates are good. Overall it is my #1pick of the 10 places in the Hillsborough area listed. I also looked at 3 other places not listed but this is the best of them all. I put a deposit on a room and am excited to move my dad in!

February 29, 2012

By MichVign

I have toured several assisted living facilities and this one was above average. My main reason is that it did not have a smell when you first walk in. Most of the other places I have visited had a smell that hits you in the face when you walk in the front door. Also the staff was generally positive and pleasant here. I noticed that the residents were involved in more activities here and liked the interaction more. On the negative side I did not like the hotel style rooms. The long hallways made it seem different and not as cozy. I have been considering living at a place like this in the future so I will always be critical of assisted living facilities. Overall, this one was above my expectations. The food is another concern of mine. From asking around here it seemed like no negative concerns were voiced by the residents.

October 01, 2011

By Johnny1

At this senior living facility, I was amazed at how much elegance was present and how well each senior was cared for. The facilities were great, clean, and above average. With oldies music playing in the background along with old style furniture, I have no reason to believe that a senior could hate it. Although, despite the staff got the job done, there was no possible way they did it with pleasure. They seemed tired, angry, and didn't want to listen to the seniors one bit. The staff grumbled every where they went, and didn't -t want to live up to the seniors needs, but then again, helped them when necessary .I went there for Bingo once, and every senior seemed pleased and overjoyed, leading me to believe that Emeritus of Hillsborough is a great assisted living facility. Overall, I would recommend this facility to any senior that would like to live in a clean, elegant area.

Photos of Brookdale Hillsborough

Features of Brookdale Hillsborough

About Brookdale Hillsborough

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Hillsborough