Cornell Estates Retirement and Assisted Living Residence

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Cornell Estates Retirement and Assisted Living Residence

June 27, 2013

By Elizabeth18

I got a chance to visit Cornell Estates for my mom. Their front area are big and a really nice general area. Their staff are nice and they have lots of nurses available. Also the people that live there are happy and they have lots of activities going on all the time. What I don't like about this facility is that their apartments were about the size of a closet. Each apartment has a bathroom and a shower. However, their handicapped bathrooms are across the hall so if you need to have a walker with your or a shower chair or some other kind of assistance, you have to go across the hall. There is only one or two of these handicapped bathrooms, so you have to wait to share that area and make sure there was not anybody in there. I wanted my mom to be able to have an apartment that was more private for herself and for her own needs. Also they have a separate dining room in their assisted living facility. They also assign you places to eat based on people that they think will have your same interest so that you can make friends, although I didn't really want my mom assigned to one and I want her to be able to make the choices on her own because she's got that kind of personality.

July 13, 2012

By DoodleDog

The staff seemed friendly and caring. The facility was well maintained and the rooms were adequately sized. The common areas seemed to be suititable for those looking for entertainment and companionship. There were plenty of options for recreation within the facility, however there was no near by grocery store that residents could walk to if able. The down side is that my mother decided to not move to a facility due to cost concerns, and the marketing director keeps calling and hounding us even though we have shared that news with her. I would rate this facility higher if there were more options for outdoor time for the residents. I did like that it was a progressive facility where my mother could continue to stay even as her care needs increased. In addition, if I recall correctly, this facility would accept Medicaide if and when my mother's long term care policy runs out of funds. That is a huge peace of mind item since my mother worrys about having to leave a place if she should run out of money.

January 07, 2012

By Dirk Davison

My wife was a CNA and medical aid for over a year here at Cornell Estates an I had a chance to get to know the residents, employees and the facility while she worked there. The buliding is devided into two sides one a retirement side where people live on their own and have assistance when they need it. On the other side they have assisted living where everyone has to be mobile (no power chairs or wheel chairs) and on this side they have medical aids to make sure everyone gets their medication and care providers (many of which are CNA 1/2 qualified) that help with showers and other needs. The food in the facility leaves much to be desired and my wife rarely ate the free dinners they provided her and the residents. There is a mini bus that takes the residents on various feild trips to local shops, the farmers market, festivals, ect. They also bring in entertainment and the community such as their annual Christmas Bizarre which seems to be very fun for many of the residents. Overall I wouldn't mind living here in my final years but if money wasn't an issue Cornell Estates certainly wouldn't be my first option.

August 22, 2008

By whitejo

Some Highs and lows

Cornell Estates is a facility that could hardly be considered a active "retirement" community. Residents have aged and need quite a bit of assistance. The facility has come up with an answer for that called "PIP" where residents can hire people to aid them in various functions. The staff are very good about bringing community events into the building, so the residents can participate. The biggest negative is the food. Very little money is spent on the food per person. There isn't help with dietary issues other than a sugarfree jello for diabetics. At the time I was associated with the facility, the bus kept breaking down on the outings. They would have to send for the bus at Rosewood (owned by the same people) to bring the people home.

Services & Amenities of Cornell Estates Retirement and Assisted Living Residence

About Cornell Estates Retirement and Assisted Living Residence

Cornell Estates Retirement and Assisted Living Residence is an assisted living facility in Hillsboro, OR that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Cornell Estates Retirement and Assisted Living Residence for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Cornell Estates Retirement and Assisted Living Residence