Avamere at Hillsboro

2000 SE 30th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR, 97123

Reviews of Avamere at Hillsboro

Oregon Sun January 20, 2012

The facility itself was well kept and the building was modern. I had no difficulties parking on the street and later discovered that I could have parked in the lot also. The location is convenient to Tuality Community Hospital along with numerous physician's offices and lab facilities. My first impression inside the building however was a little problematic. I had called ahead to set up an appointment and find out who the appropriate person was for my situation. When I arrived at the scheduled time, the receptionist had trouble locating the person that I needed to talk to. As I would later learn, the person I had arranged to meet with was the Activity Director who is often in different parts of the building. It would have been helpful if the receptionist had explained this to me when I first arrived.I was impressed with the direct care staff that I spoke with during my visit. It was clear that people cared about the residents and worked hard to help each individual succeed to the best of their abilities. Residents were also encouraged to express themselves and were treated in a respectful manner.If you are looking for a care facility in Hillsboro, I would recommend considering Avamere as a possibility.

WalrusThief October 14, 2011

A few years ago, I visited Avamere in Hillsboro with a barbershop quartet and sang for the elderly there. From what I experienced, they seemed fairly happy (though in hindsight that may just have been the singing). The food that was provided was of decent quality and the atmosphere was pleasant enough. I can say that it definitely is not a place that I would mind staying.

GayP3r50n June 12, 2011

Other

I volunteered at Avamere regularly for a summer, spending well in excess of 100 hours there. It was an absolutely lovely facility, with spectacular interior decorating and a wonderful homey feel. The residents seemed quite contented, if bored at times. I helped with activities and entertaining the residents, but often no one would show up for an activity. I think they often did not know about them. The atmosphere was low-key, as it is with all assisted living centers, but upscale. It was generally pleasant, but I can't speak to if it is worth the value as I have never dealt with the financial aspect of it. It certainly is ritzy, but I don't know what they charge for that.

From Avamere at Hillsboro

Avamere at Hillsboro offers senior community living in Cottages and assisted living apartments. Richly appointed common areas, such as our delightful ice cream parlor in the assisted living apartment building, are available for socializing and family gatherings. Enjoy leisure activities like scheduled outings and country drives in our 15 passenger van hosted by life enrichment staff. Three gourmet meals are served daily, restaurant style from a varied menu selection in our elegant dining room.

In the assisted living apartment building, 24-hour care services are available to residents. A licensed nurse is present in the community during the weekday and is only a phone call away for consultation at anytime.

The Arbor, our memory care residence, provides care and supervision in a warm and comfortable environment. A lovely fenced courtyard provides outdoor access for residents to enjoy independently. The large suites are partially furnished and have spacious bathrooms with roll-in shower and handrails.

Avamere at Hillsboro Facility Features

Wireless emergency call system, weekly housekeeping, restaurant style dining, weekly entertainment, Tai chi and exercise programs, concierge services, salon, private dining room, Resident computer room and library, spacious floor plans, phone, cable, and internet available, kitchenette, in room temperature controls.

Features of Avamere at Hillsboro