Mill Run Gardens and Care Center

3399 Mill Run Drive, Hilliard, OH, 43026

Reviews of Mill Run Gardens and Care Center

October 01, 2015

By Mike S1

I am grateful for the staff who took such great care of my mom who lived there for years on the nursing side. The staff meant so much to mom and we appreciate all the love, care and kindness that the staff gave to help her in her quest to lead a joyful life.

September 09, 2015

By misskaren1

This the worst place to bring your loved ones.... the are always short on aides. They run those aides into the ground!!!!!! The managers only care about themselves. The don does not care about the patients needs at all. She say she will the problem but doesnt. My mother was there n my mother have falling at least 6xs since she has been moved to her new room. And teri the adon is very rude. And shes no help at all. She walks around like she knows everything n she doesnt. I asked her about my mother care and she said she doesnt take care of her. Her and the unit manager split up the patient care duties. And then we get to miss joann the unit manager. Shes very rude to the aides she gives them jobs on top of jobs to do. i have over convo in the halls of aides happening to stay over bc they are short handed. im sorry those poor aides deal with a enough during the day time . I watch some nurses cry bc they have to stay over whill management just walks out the door. I have come in on 3 times on 3 different days to see what night shift is doing bc i should not come in 630am to find my mothers bed soaking wet. The night shift aides have it made at no management at night. I would sit down all night and sleep too... im telling you never bring your loved ones here

Dear Karen, We are very sorry to hear that you or your loved one had a bad experience. We would love to talk to you in person or via the phone to discuss your concerns further. Please contact me, Lura Sandy - Administrator, at 614.527.3000 whenever you have a moment to talk. Thank you!

April 13, 2012

By Forever friend

This review relates to the assisted living area only. The facility is beautiful, clean, offers good meals, activities, building surrounded courtyards with gardens and comfortable visiting and seating areas. The residential units are like a small suite with a bedroom area, bath with too small walk-in shower, walk-in closet, living room area and small kitchen area with room for a table for two. All this said the most important is the staff. They were friendly, open, encouraging, and available when needed. My friend had brittle diabetes with early dementia. The staff would sit with her for hours if needed until her sugar stabilized and she was safe again to be alone. When she deteriorated and walked out of the facility she was transferred to a dementia care facility.

October 27, 2011

By jenny59

My father was sent to Mill Run as a rehab patient post open heart surgery and it was one disaster after another. They recently opened a new wing purportedly geared toward rehab and the center had good reviews. However, it quickly became apparent that they had expanded without contracting the necessary staff. There were no guardrails on the bed and the first night my father fell out of his bed. The following morning, we arrived to find him in a urine-soaked bed, and hadn't been changed. They finally came on the second day to "evaluate" him for OT and PT, but we were so disgusted by the inadequate attention and care that we took him out on the third day. After the first night, when he fell out of bed, we stayed with him and our fears were confirmed: there only appeared to be ONE aid for the whole wing. No one came in to even check his temperature until 3:30 when he began moaning and I pushed the call button--he was soaking wet. They didn't have a schedule or proper charting for his medicine. They didn't even have his medicine until the afternoon of the day after he arrived--a full 24 hours later!! The charge nurse on the first night said she was giving him his sleeping medicine before I left; but the next day, the nursing supervisor admitted that they had not obtained ANY of his medicines. I could go on and on. The bottom line: DO NOT under any circumstances send anyone you love to this place. It is nothing but a dangerous warehouse.

Photos of Mill Run Gardens and Care Center

• Psychiatric Care
  • Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7
  • Pharma

About Mill Run Gardens and Care Center

All the comforts of home...and more!

If you or your loved one is looking to combine the security of care with the comforts of home, The Gardens offer 36 spacious private assisted living suites.

Our professional staff provides services for those needing minimal assistance with daily living activities like bathing, dressing, grooming and medication management. You'll enjoy the privacy of your own suite, with the security of knowing help is there, if needed. At the Gardens, we focus on individual wellness, and encourage continued independence with a tailored plan of assistance provided by professional team members available 24-hours a day.

Person-centered care refers to the practice of basing key daily care decisions on individual preferences. Each MacIntosh center has a committee of personnel and residents that routinely meet to discuss our programming and where they would like to see us expand. We believe that embracing a resident-centered model of long-term care changes the atmosphere for both residents and staff, which makes our centers better places to work and to live.

Map of Mill Run Gardens and Care Center