Suncrest Adult Care Home

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Suncrest Adult Care Home

March 07, 2015

By Donna Jean Jacques

We selected this place for my Dad after several visits and felt comfortable with our choice. We made a big mistake. He arrived the first day right from the hospital and was confused (he suffers with dementia/Parkinson's ). The owner greeted him and made him dinner and we appreciated that. The next morning I went to visit and requested to the other owner that he be showered and shaved. She told me it was no problem and that they would take care of it as soon as the aid arrived. One of my siblings arrived later that day and he was never dressed, showered or shaved. His bed was a mess and he was more confused then ever. The day after that my brother stopped by and our Father told him he fell out of bed and had to sleep on the floor. My brother questioned the aid that day and she stated the owner and her husband had to drive from South Lyon. That is quite a distance from Highland. That was unacceptable. He also had feces on his sheets and my brother asked what it was and the aid said she didn't know. We moved him out within one hour. I called the owner with my sister and she told us to move forward or move him out.

March 07, 2015

By Unhappy 123

My family decided to place my 82 year old father at this facility after visiting the site. My father has lewy body dementia and uses a walker with assistance. He is often confused as to his location. We were promised showers two times per week and a loving and clean home for him to spend his final portion of his life in. I removed my dad on day three of his stay for the following reasons.... 1. He wasn't showered by third day even after co-owner promised he would be showered on day 2 2. He fell out of bed and had to lay on floor until owner arrived to do a lift and assist in the middle of the night, even though fire department offers that service for free with a quick response time. 3. He was always a docker style pant and button down shirt wearer all his life and we were promised he would be dressed as he preferred. We found him at 12:30pm with pajama pants, button down shirt on only half buttoned and untucked. 4. He mentioned to me that they would not allow him to get out of his lift chair. They forced him to sit in the chair all morning. I confronted the owner about all the above issues and was told that these were our problems because we asked to bring him a day earlier than planned for move in ( which they agreed to). She said that they were experiencing flu going thru facility and that's why these issues happened. I found feces on his bed sheet packing up his belongings and she said she had no idea what that was. " she claimed she just arrived at work and didn't know what it was". The owners of this facility tell you that this place cares for elderly but really they have no idea how to take care of individuals that need help. They have nothing but excuses and say "either move past this or move him out". I moved him out!!!!!

September 02, 2014

My wife is in Suncrest Adult Care Home. Somebody told me about it, it is run by two registered nurses who own the place, and I went out there and looked at the home. It looked adequate and I had to get her out where she was, so that is why I took her there. It is clean, quiet, and that is what she needs. She is in a private room right now and it is fine.

About Suncrest Adult Care Home

Suncrest Adult Care Home is an assisted living facility in Highland, MI that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Suncrest Adult Care Home for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Suncrest Adult Care Home