Kingston Residence of Hickory

904 Second Street NE,, Hickory, NC, 28601

Reviews of Kingston Residence of Hickory

Mary Morris :) May 16, 2015

We were very thankful to have my dad at Kingston from 2002 - 2013 and highly recommend this facility. During that time, I had the opportunity to see and get to know many people on the staff well. They demonstrated a genuine love and concern for the residents there and they often went the "extra mile" to help the residents and to provide for their needs as much as possible. Having had the opportunity to volunteer for events, from time to time, gave me a deep appreciation for how the staff worked together as a team and see them gladly "filled the gap" when needed. If the time comes when I'm unable to live at home, I would love to have the opportunity to live at Kingston. I have sweet memories of their love and care for my dad and will always be grateful for the opportunity to have had my precious dad under their care. May God bless those who faithfully minister to the many needs of the residents at Kingston of Hickory.

Caring87690650 July 19, 2014

We visited a couple of places, and we like the ambience of Kingston Residence. My mother-in-law has been there for two weeks now. It's an architecturally nice place. The apartments in different sizes are nice and spacious. They allow people to bring in their own furniture. They are very accommodating. They allow small animals, and she has a small dog with her. It is independent in the sense that she has her own apartment, which is a two-bedroom apartment with a bedroom with attached bath, a living room with a small kitchenette. It is assisted in the sense that there are CNA's and she has her medication provided for her. The dining hall is very nice. The meals are good and she seems to like them. They are many activities. I think one of the selling points to us is the number of activities on a daily basis.

Caring72716250 January 11, 2014

My sister-in-law passed away in Kingston Residence. It was not a luxurious facility. I stayed with her for like a week there. They provided an air mattress that I inflated in her living room at night. Her apartment had a living room, a little kitchenette, a bedroom and a bathroom with a shower. She also had a walk-in closet in the bedroom. The living room was big enough to have two chairs, a loveseat, and a TV. The staff was really sweet, very nice and very kind. They were also very courteous to provide the assistance we need in any way. My sister-in-law had several nurses attending to her. There were staff nurses but she also had hospice nurses that came in everyday to see her as well and then there was a home health nurse. The staff there would get her laundry everyday and bring them back in the evening. They also would clean her room, etc. The director of nurses was also constantly coming up there. Regarding food, it was not the type that I would normally choose but it probably catered more to older people. It had more fat to it though.

About Kingston Residence of Hickory

Kingston Residence of Hickory is an assisted living facility in Hickory, NC that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Kingston Residence of Hickory for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Kingston Residence of Hickory