Kingston Residence of Hickory

Reviews of Kingston Residence of Hickory

Overview of Ratings

3.6

July 19, 2014

We visited a couple of places, and we like the ambience of Kingston Residence. My mother-in-law has been there for two weeks now. It's an architecturally nice place. The apartments in different sizes are nice and spacious. They allow people to bring in their own furniture. They are very accommodating. They allow small animals, and she has a small dog with her. It is independent in the sense that she has her own apartment, which is a two-bedroom apartment with a bedroom with attached bath, a living room with a small kitchenette. It is assisted in the sense that there are CNA's and she has her medication provided for her. The dining hall is very nice. The meals are good and she seems to like them. They are many activities. I think one of the selling points to us is the number of activities on a daily basis.

January 11, 2014

My sister-in-law passed away in Kingston Residence. It was not a luxurious facility. I stayed with her for like a week there. They provided an air mattress that I inflated in her living room at night. Her apartment had a living room, a little kitchenette, a bedroom and a bathroom with a shower. She also had a walk-in closet in the bedroom. The living room was big enough to have two chairs, a loveseat, and a TV. The staff was really sweet, very nice and very kind. They were also very courteous to provide the assistance we need in any way. My sister-in-law had several nurses attending to her. There were staff nurses but she also had hospice nurses that came in everyday to see her as well and then there was a home health nurse. The staff there would get her laundry everyday and bring them back in the evening. They also would clean her room, etc. The director of nurses was also constantly coming up there. Regarding food, it was not the type that I would normally choose but it probably catered more to older people. It had more fat to it though.

About Kingston Residence of Hickory

Kingston Residence of Hickory is an assisted living facility in Hickory, NC that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Kingston Residence of Hickory for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Kingston Residence of Hickory