Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma

2520 Wigwam Parkway, Henderson, NV, 89074

Reviews of Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma

David M.038883 September 18, 2016

The visit at Prestige Senior Living was fine, but the place was old. It’s just been there for a long time and hasn’t really been updated that well. It’s clean, and the residents looked in pretty good shape, but the memory care rooms are like being in the penitentiaries. They showed us all the things and answered my questions, and it’s actually pretty close to my house. I haven’t made a decision yet on whether we go to the memory care or not. I was concern because it is a little old, and I think it needs updating.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review after your visit. We?re glad you came in for a tour and had all of your questions answered. Please reach out and let us know if we can answer any questions to help you make your decision. Kind Regards, Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma Team

Michael128632 September 01, 2016

Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma is where I ended up putting my mother. They just seem more friendly, open and receptive to the residents. The rooms are adequate but nothing overwhelming. Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma has basically the same activities as they do at the other community. The dining area is very nice. It looks like a dining room rather than a cafeteria. They also have a separate room where families could celebrate significant days like birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Across from the dining room, they would have the pharmacy cart, and every day they would be there at every meal to give the residents their medicines. That’s the way they give out the prescriptions, which I thought was very, very well done.

We are delighted to hear your thoughts on our community! Resident comfort and care is our number one priority at Mira Loma, and we appreciate you sharing your experience. Thank you for your review! Warm Regards, Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma Team

Anita057303 August 24, 2016

We placed him at Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma. The rooms are very large and nice. The staff is courteous and helpful. The dining area is nice and clean. I think what they have is workable for what we need. They have TVs, and they have activities that they let the residents view. They seem to individualize the different residents' needs, and I think they're doing a good job at that. The place is expensive.

Thanks very much for sharing your thoughts on our community! We pride ourselves on meeting the needs of each of our residents. We appreciate your review! Thank you, Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma Team

Carol881310 August 22, 2016

Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma is really good. The rooms are big. Everything is fine. My room was already furnished, so I didn't have to buy furniture for it. They have their own chef, and they have variety in the menu. They have a regular menu, so if you need or want something else, they have that, too.

We are so glad to hear about your experience with us! It is our goal to make sure our residents are comfortable and have all of their needs met. We appreciate you taking your time to share your thoughts. Thank you, Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma Team

Kari7 February 29, 2016

We have my mother in Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma memory section right now. They're very caring. They treat all of their residents like family. They're always in touch with us if there's an issue. I like their whole staff. They have three meals a day and a snack. They would drive her to appointments, but we opted to just change her insurance so that her new physician can come see her there at the facility. They're so attentive to my mother. Everybody knows what's going on. I would highly recommend their facility to anybody who needs to have a parent in a place that requires assistance.

Danny11 February 26, 2016

Prestige was nice, but it was just too expensive for my mom. Everything was beautiful there, and the rooms were nice. It was a nice facility, modern, and clean.

Kathryn19 February 16, 2016

We visited Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma primarily because of the people there. I would highly recommend them because of the way they treat their residents. The rooms are smaller than what my mom has in another facility but it is nice. The staff is very friendly, very open, and very protective of the residents. The residents were everywhere. You could see that it was a happy place.

Brienna January 29, 2016

Prestige Senior Living was very nice. We got to talk to the staff, and they all were very nice. They seemed like they would be accommodating if my grandmother moved there. We met the activities director, and the manager in charge of the staff. They were able to tell us, and show us the training that the staff gets to deal with both dementia and memory care patients. It was a very nice community; expensive, but it was nice. The rooms were very small, but they seemed clean and nice. They were shared rooms with a partial wall divider. I think they had private rooms in the memory care, but they were also very small, and extremely expensive. We were mainly impressed with the staff. They seemed very knowledgeable, and helpful. The facility itself was very nice. They had a very nice dining hall.

mccullwg November 25, 2015

Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma had much more of a nursing home atmosphere compared to what I would expect from an assisted living facility. Even though there aren't hospital beds, you get the hospital feeling from the low energy level, seeing residents hanging outside in their wheelchairs, the level of care, and just how things looked in general. The building itself seemed a little more dated inside and not upscale. The memory care patients had some afternoon activities; however, one of the only places to wander outside the facility was basically a smoking courtyard, and we didn't like that very much for my father-in-law. It was cheaper, but it did leave the impression that you would be getting exactly what you would be paying for, which was less care and less quality. I liked that there were group activities and that they make a life story collage for new memory care residents. Beyond that, my wife and I were really not impressed.

Anonymous115816050 November 07, 2015

Prestige Senior Living is a wonderful place with wonderful people. The apartments are adorable and everything is nice. The staff is wonderful and caring. The rooms are excellent, clean, and bright.

Lori46 August 12, 2015

I feel like my aunt is getting the care that she really needs at Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma. The staff is absolutely wonderful. Everybody is so helpful, and they explain everything to us. I have talked to other residents that have lived there for years, and they absolutely love it. They know the residents by name. The apartments are beautiful. I wanted her to get into a one-bedroom apartment, which was a little bit bigger, but she wanted just the studio apartment. It has fresh paint. It is beautiful.

Caring111484450 July 31, 2015

Prestige looked nice, but we didn't spend too much time there. The apartments were nice and clean, but there was not a lot of interaction. It was just mediocre.

As the director of Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma, I am glad that you enjoyed your visit. It most definitely depends on the time of day as the amount of interaction going on within the community. An example would be right have a delicious meal, residents choose to go into their apartments prior to joining the next activity. Prestige Mira Loma has two full time activity staff and I have the pleasure and the fun, of overseeing both a two hour cooking class and trivia fun. This combined with our "Theme of the month" makes for great creative outlets for everyone who works and lives here. I would enjoy hearing back from you and would welcome more feedback. Yours sincerely, Barbara K. Gottlieb, MPH Executive Director

Caring109566850 June 30, 2015

Prestige Senior Living was our second choice. My father-in-law didn't even want to go in and see it after seeing that it has multiple levels. However, the staff who assisted us was very nice. They were very impressive.

Joan109392150 June 30, 2015

My mom is in Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma. So far, my mom loves it. I am surprised that she is likes something like that. The people are very nice and friendly. They know all the residents, and they take very good care of them.

It is very clean and very well run. I will recommend it to anybody if they are looking for a place for their parents. They have daily activities in the facility. They also offer trips to casino, Walmart, dollar store, and grocery stores. Wherever they want to go, they offer transportation. The food is pretty good, I try it as well. She likes it, which is kind of surprising. They have three meals a day. They are offered snacks, and there are always beverages available. It is very well organized and well-staffed as well.

Dale16 May 27, 2015

Prestige at Mira Loma was the one I didn't like. It was convenient to doctors' offices and visits and things like that, so it is a convenient location, but I didn't like the place; I didn't like the atmosphere. The rooms were small, and I just didn't get a good feeling of the place. It would be difficult for them to do anything major, but just the general feeling of the place was like that of a hospital.

Caring107265350 May 27, 2015

I went to Prestige Mira Loma, and it was very nice. The coordinator was very nice as well. The staff was very professional, and the residents all seemed fairly engaged.

Donna106486050 May 07, 2015

Prestige Senior Living was a good option. Depending on availabilities, there was a good chance that she would end up being there. We saw one room, and it was nice. Unfortunately, it wasn't a good example of a room that we would have because the lady actually rented two rooms, and she had it set up to where one room was her bedroom and the other room was her living room. However, the visit there was good. It was very helpful and informational. It was a nice facility.

Kelly21 April 07, 2015

Prestige at Mira Loma was a bigger facility. The staff were nice. They did have a yard for the Alzheimer's patients and a fenced garden area.

Suzanne30 April 05, 2015

Prestige accepted private insurance only, and it is very expensive. The rooms are a very nice place, and they have some doubles. They have a separate section for Alzheimer's people. They have a little garden enclosed in the back that is a separate area like a different department in a hospital for those who that need more care. Some of the care was a la carte. If the person is to receive medications or a shower twice a week, there is a certain amount. If they can afford this one, then they should go for it. The staff seemed knowledgeable. They have the special area for special people, and that was nice. They have lots of activities too.

Lou7 March 31, 2015

From what I understand, he is very pleased with Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma. He likes the place itself. The facility is very clean and it seems like it is well run. The management is very good. I like their personnel, they are all very friendly and they seemed to be very helpful as well.

Ronald17 March 27, 2015

Everything is OK at Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma. The people are all friendly and seem to be good. My dad doesn't seem to have a problem with the food or anything like that. The rooms are nice. It is convenient because it is only like 10 minutes from our house, so that's a plus. The staff is helpful and accommodating. He has problems with his hands because he has arthritis, and he needs a little help getting dressed and sometimes with is meals he needs his food cut up, and he never seems to have a problem. They take very good care of him. He has a studio room, and it is definitely big enough for him. Their dining room is nice. It is well kept up and very clean. The food seems to be good. I have not eaten there myself, but I can see my dad doesn't seem to have a problem with the meals and he likes it. There seems to be no problem with the security. There are always people on staff, and everybody seems to be very accommodating. They have stuff from bingo to exercise class to all kinds of activities. They have a whole outing going to different places. They have a church service. They have anything and everything.

Caring106739250 February 26, 2015

This facility was very clean, and their uniforms were clean. The people were very helpful, very knowledgeable with what they were doing, and they got a smile on their faces. Prestige was very nice, but my uncle couldn't afford it. The price was up around $1600. Once we found out the price, we didn't go any further. We live in the neighborhood, so we know what it looks like, and it's a very nice place.

Sharon96998050 November 19, 2014

I was very impressed with Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma. It was friendly and clean. The people were warm. It had a very welcoming atmosphere. I just felt really very good about being there. They're very nice. I highly recommend this place.

Jill18 October 18, 2014

I visited Prestige, and it was also very nice. It was very beautiful. The menu was good. The staff was great. The smell was nice. The room was nice. They were also pet friendly. They had quite a few dogs there. Everybody just seemed so happy. It seemed like they had a lot of activities. They had an activity board on the wall, and it seemed that they were staying with that. They kept them busy all day whether in the memory care or assisted living. I would have preferred that my father had gone there. They seemed to be a little more interactive with their people. However, there wasn't any availability.

Raymond6 October 04, 2014

My dad is now at Prestige at Mira Loma. We picked this facility because it had the most bang for the buck! The quality of service, the quality of care, the cleanliness of the facility, the people, everything, was better than the other places we've checked with similar services. My wife and I were both very impressed. We are very comfortable there ourselves. Sometimes when you walk into a facility, it feels like a nursing home, but there, it feels like home. As far as the food, it’s great. They have a TV rooms, courtyard, laundry facilities and it's all very nice. They have lounges and all kinds of group activities.

caring7448 July 07, 2014

Prestige Senior living was beautiful. The rooms have a refrigerator and a bathroom. We only looked at the studios. The dining room was nice. The staff was nice. They knew the residents on a first name basis. I know they have activities, like they solve puzzles and stuff.

Charle8886 June 13, 2014

My Father has been a resident at Prestige Mira Loma for a little over 2 years. From the moment we contacted them to get him in, we have been met with courteous, caring and kind people. During our walk through, it was evident that each and EVERY employee cares for their residents and truly love their jobs. I have had to care for my Fathers affairs out of state. I would never have been able to accomplish that without the great team there. I cannot say enough good about Julie or Cendrene. Both of those ladies made sure that my every request or need was met along with making sure Dad was well taken care of. From the assistants to the med techs to the maintenance people, everyone has been above and beyond helpful. The facility is cheerful and clean. The food is rather good which, for a facility is great! The only reason I am taking Dad out is to move him closer to me. Otherwise, I would have been content to keep him there. We were blessed to have such fantastic, loving people helping us. They will all be missed.

Fidelity May 29, 2014

Our mother is in Memory Care at Mira Loma. The personnel are most kind and compassionate. Their job is not easy but they are diligent in giving the residents the best care possible. Our mother is always presentable , neat and clean. A variety of activities are provided and residents are encouraged to participate. The staff on night shift should be increased but in all we are pleased with the facility and grateful for the care they give.

gatm55 May 29, 2014

My father moved into Mira Loma shortly after my mom died. When we took the tour and had lunch he could not move in fast enough. The staff are wonderful, the care is wonderful. It has given me such peace knowing that my 87 year old father is so happy and well taken care of and most of all, my father is so happy. If you have a loved on that needs a great place to live with great care, this is the place!

Nevada Grandma May 28, 2014

Prestige Memory Care at Mira Loma is exceptional. I visited several care centers before selecting Prestige for my husband. I found the staff to be very professional and caring. The patience shown with my husband was remarkable. I noticed and appreciated how staff interacted with others in the facility and saw the same care and compassion shown to every individual. I always felt that my loved one was being cared for whether I was there or not.

God First May 25, 2014

I absolutely give 5 stars to Prestige at Mira Loma. I had a loved one in Assisted Living until they moved to memory care-Expressions and it was an amazing experience for uncle. The staff, the director, everyone there went out of their way to take care of him and make sure that he was as happy as could be. It's the most loving and caring environment we have ever experienced and I would highly recommend Mira Loma for their loved one.

Caring80406450 April 29, 2014

My mother had toured Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma before she had gotten to the point that she really need it, so she decided to go with this place because she's familiar with it already. The price wasn't too high, from what we were looking for. She has her own apartment with a kitchenette, a microwave, a sink, and a refrigerator. She has a hospital bed, but the room is still pretty big, and she has furniture. The bathroom is nice; you can roll the wheelchair into the shower, and it has bars. Everything is set up to be OK. It's just one room, but it's more than enough for her. It may be crowded for a 2-person because I think it's designed for only one. I see they have a calendar for things. They have people come in to entertain, like singers and people who play music, special events of monthly themes, regular things like bingo, poker, and other games. They may also go shopping, to Wal-Mart, or to pick a place for lunch or dinner. My mom is not an activity person, but she participates in entertainment, the ones where you just sit and do nothing. One thing that I would like to emphasize is the staff that takes care of my mother is VERY good. They're very nice and helpful. But they could use a little bit more. I can see they're always struggling; it seems they just don't have quite enough people. I feel bad for them because they always work very hard. As far as I'm also a little worried about security, I think they should have cameras for the front door when you walk in. When you go in at certain times, you call and they will open the door for you; somebody always comes when you call. I don't feel that's an issue as far as anything is going on, but I'll feel better if they have cameras. Other than that, I think its fine.

Christina9 March 26, 2014

Prestige Senior Living was very nice and the people were very friendly. The person who took me on a tour was really good. She was pretty upfront about how much it will cost and what things that you needed to get in there. It really is nice. The rooms are nice. They have 1 or 2-bedroom or just like a studio room. I poke more on the studio ones. They're pretty good size and they have updated equipment. They had all different kinds of activities. Their eating facility is pretty fancy and nice and formal looking. I like that it's like two blocks from my house. It's also very nice inside, people are very friendly, and the place is well-kept and well-organized.

Caring73630550 November 26, 2013

It's been only less than a week that my parents have been at Prestige. It's an open area and it's a very nice, clean facility. So far, everything has been excellent. Everybody that I've had dealings with has been wonderful, very friendly, accommodating and really helpful in the decision-making process and just guiding me through everything and them as well. Their food is excellent. I would recommend my experience with them thus far.

Julie21 October 13, 2013

Prestige Senior Living is very close to my house. What I liked about it is everybody seemed very happy. I love the way the rooms were laid out and it also had a Jack and Jill bathroom that is very private. They had a specific memory care program which was very important for my mom. She is in a secure, access control facility. I really liked the care staff who seemed to be a bit more relaxed and very happy with their working conditions. I like it better, too, because they allow their residents to have pets. Though my mom doesn't have any, she loves pets.

Kolleen September 16, 2013

We chose Prestige because one, it had everything we needed for my mom. The facility was very nice. Two, it came with high recommendations from the people in the area and three, it was close to me. It was less than 5 miles away from where I live. They were all wonderful, very caring people. They worked with the residents very well and concerned with every need they had and very accommodating. The rooms were spacious and that's another reason why we chose it.

Cathe July 12, 2013

My friend is at Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma. The facility is beautiful. The staff is very friendly and open. I think the combination of the two of them is what impresses me.

Laura18 May 29, 2013

We chose this place for my grandmother because the location was really good and it's very close to my parents. The facility was clean. The facilities are just absolutely amazing. They have everything. They have a movie room, beauty parlor, activity rooms, a beautiful dining area and lots of community stations for people to go to. The people themselves were friendly and knowledgeable. It was secure and clean. The usual salad or sandwich is available at any time and they have specials, like two or three choices for every meal. The rooms are nicely sized with a bed and a sitting area. Rooms are clean and simple. They have nice views. It was like a cruise ship. They have regularly scheduled outings, shopping and they have occasional musical type stuff like they'll have a violinist, pianist or a choir group. Most of their activities that happen throughout the day were like card games and video. My grandmother didn't like that because of her dementia, so I wish they'll have more activities that are not like these gambling games. I'll definitely recommend this to others.

Sibella February 11, 2013

We chose Prestige Senior Living because we really like how the building was laid out. And I absolutely love the staff. They have the biggest hearts I've ever seen. They are so kind to all the people that live in the memory care area. I couldn't have found more compassionate people. They would make physical contact with the residents and say good morning. They know each of them by name, they keep track, and they really make a point of engaging them directly. They don't take a sharp tone with them. They're so good.

The facility is clean with a lot of windows, very bright and not depressing. The rooms are laid out in a big oval, and there's a courtyard in the middle where they can go outside safely. We love the facility and we love the staff. It's a huge relief to know that your mother is in such good hands.

Terry5 August 30, 2012

Dad's been in there for two months. It's excellent and the staff is wonderful. It is just a very nice, clean, well-kept facility, and the people that are in there seem to really like it there.

abicore May 06, 2012

The place is excellent!! I chose the facility because it's huge and their cuisine is the best. The health care people are wonderful and I already have wonderful friends here. i highly recommend it to people looking for an assisted living here.

From Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma

Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma offers seniors and their families a range of senior living and care services from our inviting community.

Living at Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma gives you the freedom to enjoy the activities you love most without worrying about the hassle of household responsibilities. From our restaurant-style dining services that offer an ever-changing menu of new and familiar meals, to a full calendar of events and activities that let you choose your desired level of activity, you're in control of selecting the care and services that are right for you.

Features of Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Tea Room

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,285/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 50

• We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma