Prestige Assisted Living at Henderson

1050 E Lake Mead Parkway, Henderson, NV, 89015

Reviews of Prestige Assisted Living at Henderson

Dale16 May 27, 2015

Prestige at Henderson was nice, and the people were very nice. I liked the people and the place itself just felt more comfortable. It was not as big, but the rooms were bigger, and they had full-sized refrigerators. The activities were not quite as numerous, but it still was alright.

Caring107265350 May 27, 2015

I went to Prestige Assisted Living at Henderson, and it was a nice facility, but it had a smell of urine, and I couldn’t get pass that smell. It was also too far away.

Gregory4 May 07, 2015

Then the next thing that we saw was they still had a Christmas tree up, and they were switching over from Christmas to Valentine's Day because this was the first weekend in February. If you have people who like a Christian environment, this is the place to go.

The manager who gave us the tour -- Cheryl -- was excellent. She cared for her people, and another thing that really impressed me was she ate the food that the residents were eating. It was not to impress us in any way, but becuase she actually loved the food. Instead of bringing her lunch, she was eating the food that they had there. That was a testimony -- to me -- of how good the food tastes. The place was smaller, it was more personable, and it costs less for the bottom tier. Again, this could make a difference for my mom whose income with Social Security and her pension combined is around $3,000 a month. The other place was more than $3,000 a month but included more things. Prestige was less than $3,000 a month and included less care. However, if you are in that area -- for example, my mom has early Parkinson's disease; she is almost independent living, and she only needs two things like somebody to come in and vacuum once a week. These are the kind of things as children that we could do for her, living here in Henderson now. She wouldn't need to pay an extra amount for someone to come in and do her laundry, and she wouldn't need to pay the extra amount for someone to clean once a week. So if you have relatives nearby and you don't need the all-inclusive resort type of environment for less money, maybe this fits into your budget better. And if you need assisted living at different levels, for example you need someone to monitor your medication, then you can go up to a tier of care which would include that for an additional cost. But if you don't need that, then you get the bargain price.

The residents were not as open; they didn't leave their doors open like at the other place, but the residents themselves that we talked to had high praise for where they live, and since I was carrying a video camera, I asked one lady who was sitting outside with her daughter who was the caregiver. The daughter actually works for a home healthcare agency, and she was visiting her mother, giving similar services that she would give as a home healthcare aide to other people for a price. They declined to be interviewed on camera; however, off camera, they told me that she had been there long term for five years and that she was very satisfied and had no intention of moving. They thought the food and the services were excellent, and her daughter told me that Prestige was one of the top facilities that she would visit on a routine basis. That to me was a first-hand testimony of how good this place was. Here was a professional home health care aide who was visiting her mom, and she gave me unrehearsed testimony of the quality of this facility, which I would rate a 5 out of 5.

Kelly21 April 07, 2015

Prestige was very nice, small, and clean. Everybody was nice. They had lots of activities. I like them a lot. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

Anonymous104531050 April 07, 2015

I like the look of Prestige Assisted Living, and it was close by. The staff is very nice and cooperative. The rooms are very nice. They have activities like bingo, and they take them out to see other places.

Suzanne30 April 05, 2015

Prestige at Henderson is a nice place, but you have to have the money. It is possible to get reimbursed by the federal government for part of your living expenses, but you may have to wait 13 months to get that money, so you have to have a savings to cover the 13 month expense because the government may not pay you for 13 months. You have to have a large savings backup. There is a move in fee, a reservation fee, a pet fee, a second occupancy fee, a monthly phone fee, and energy surge charge from June to September. They have six different levels of care. They give you a test to decide what level you are. Another thing I was disappointed in is their respite care. I find it very hard to find respite care. They said they will offer it if they had less attendance, but they are full to capacity so they are not offering that. It was nice because you can lock your room. In other places where the doors are not locked, there is a lot of stealing going. I met all of the personnel. I met the bus driver, the girls in the kitchen, and the activities director. I met a lot of the personnel, and that is a good thing.

Caring99937050 January 30, 2015

I liked Prestige; it seemed to be a nice place. The pricing is $3500 a month. Everybody was nice when I visited, and the room was nice; I looked at a one-bedroom.

Caring104316550 January 13, 2015

I already put a deposit for my mom and dad in Prestige Assisted Living at Henderson. I really haven't been in there much aside from the walkthrough. But they do have a memory section. My mom has Alzheimer's. I haven't been there with my parents yet. We are hoping once we get mom in there, my dad will go as well. He thinks we are trying to throw him in a home. They have bingo every morning. They also have field trips where they go to different areas to fish or the natural parks. They take them shopping. They had a lot of different activities while I was there like playing cards. As far as food, they have three meals a day. They have three different items to choose from on what meal they want. Everybody was active which pretty much impressed me. I was impressed with the walkthrough. They have big buildings all the way around the apartment. That's one of the reason I like this facility better too. It is a really nice place.

Kathryn11 January 08, 2015

Everything is so nice about the Prestige. It is a very huge facility with a beautiful dining room, and the rooms are clean. They have the best cooks, and the food is excellent. The people are attended to in the right way. They take them out, and they have a lot of activities to do. It is just a nice place.

Jill18 October 18, 2014

I really liked Prestige; there just wasn't any availability. I thought there was a little bit more interaction there. They had hospice care right there if you needed that. It is very beautiful, and I thought the menu was a little bit better than the one we chose. It seemed like there's a lot of staff and a lot of home health care as well going around from room to room just helping out the people. Their rooms were very spacious. However, they didn't have a Medicaid option so that was kind of the downside just in case you need that.

Kathleen39 September 23, 2014

When I went by myself to the Prestige, the staff member showed me a one-bedroom and a two-bedroom, and it was a little more priced and fancier. When I took dad there, I said, "What do you think?" He said, "It feels like a motel," which was okay, and it was better than saying it feels like a jail, which he thought it would be. Their dining area was a little fancier, and it just felt fancier all together. If the family and the parent have much money, yes, I would recommend it. It would be a great place to live. I think they were doing an awesome job. They had a program going on and each month they had a different theme. In September when I went to see them, it was going to be a western theme, and they had taken some of the folks out to the museum; they had lots of different activities.

caring7448 July 07, 2014

Prestige Senior living had a beautiful little courtyard so that people can go outside. The studio apartments were good. I saw a one-bedroom apartment, and it was really nice. They have a kitchenette with a microwave and a refrigerator. The dining facility was excellent, and the staff was really great and attentive. They seemed to know all the residents by name. They had a lot of activities there, and there were people working on their Easter baskets and stuff.

Ron29 June 30, 2014

My dad really liked Prestige Assisted Living. We looked at a room. It's adequate. It has a separate bedroom. The bathroom and the living room are big enough to put a couch in, and a little dining area. The staff was very friendly. They gave us a tour of the place, and we ate lunch there. The food was very good. It was like restaurant service, so it was nice. They had outings to restaurants once a week. They had bingo and a few other things during the week. The food area was just nicely kept up. The other thing was we talked to a bunch of people who lived there, and they were very happy, so I'd say that that's what stood out most.

From Prestige Assisted Living at Henderson

Prestige Assisted Living at Henderson offers seniors and their families a range of senior living and care services from our inviting community.

Living at Prestige Assisted Living at Henderson gives you the freedom to enjoy the activities you love most without worrying about the hassle of household responsibilities. From our restaurant-style dining services that offer an ever-changing menu of new and familiar meals, to a full calendar of events and activities that let you choose your desired level of activity, you're in control of selecting the care and services that are right for you.

Features of Prestige Assisted Living at Henderson

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,570/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: None

• We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 2916AGZ-31