Merrill Gardens at Green Valley Ranch

1935 Paseo Verde Parkway, Henderson, NV, 89012

Reviews of Merrill Gardens at Green Valley Ranch

GeorgiaNNMEN May 19, 2016

I visited Merrill Gardens. It's a beautiful place that looks like it would've provided for all my friend's needs; however, it was pricey. The staff was very helpful and informative. The room was nice. You could have a studio apartment or a one-bedroom apartment. They take the residents to doctors' appointments and to various places around the community, like one of the major parks in the area and concerts. They go to nearby casinos and churches.

Thanks so much for writing this positive review for Merrill Gardens. We will be sure to pass along the feedback to everyone on our community team!

Francis10 December 15, 2015

Merrill Gardens at Green Valley Ranch was my first choice, but they didn't have a memory unit. Elderly people don’t always have an eating schedule, and their kitchen was open 24 hours a day. They seemed like they had more activities, and their rooms were a little bigger than in other places. They were too open about when they lock their doors, and I was afraid that my uncle might wander. The room they were giving him was right by an unlocked door, and they didn't lock their doors until 8:00 or 9:00 at night. Before then, those doors were never really locked and anybody on the inside could go out and walk right out into a parking lot. For him, I didn't think it was safe enough, so I did not push it when he picked the other place. It was all really nice and beautiful. That would have been my first pick, but when you start fine-tuning it, his room was emptying right into a parking lot, which I didn't like, and I just didn’t feel like it was quite safe enough for him. The rooms were cheaper, and I liked the way their food was delivered.

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed Merrill Gardens and that you found an option that works for your uncle. Please don't hesitate to reach back out with any questions.

Caring108268850 June 16, 2015

My mother-in-law is very happy at Merrill Gardens. It is a fabulous place, and she loves it. She is thriving there, so it's wonderful. Their food is gourmet food, which is above and beyond other facilities I looked at. Their food is outstanding. They can eat three times a day, and the restaurant is never closed from 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. She is in a one-bedroom, which is 719 square feet. They don't just give them a microwave, but a stove as well. They have a movie every night in their movie theater, which is very plush. They have a pool and a putting green. They do aquatic exercise in the summertime. They went to a river dam on a tour. They have live entertainment three times a week and happy hour. It was just spotlessly clean. The staff is cheerful and super nice. She's as happy as a clam. They have a doctor that comes every Tuesday. This place is amazing. It's like living in a resort. Valerie, their director, is awesome. She is amazing, and she'll do anything for the residents.

We are so pleased to hear that your mother-in-law is happy at Merrill Gardens. We appreciate all of the wonderful feedback and look forward to continuing to offer a great experience! Please don't hesitate to contact us if you should have any questions.

Paul64238950 March 16, 2015

I lived at Merrill Gardens at Green Valley Ranch for a couple of months. I really got along well with the staff. The facility was nice, but I wasn’t able to make friends. For most of the time I was there, there were no activities because we were under quarantine, and they couldn’t allow the residents to mingle. They would just serve your meals, and you couldn’t go into the lunch room.

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate the feedback and we are glad to hear that you got along with our team members. In April 2014 there was a flu outbreak that impacted the greater Las Vegas area. A number of senior living communities were impacted, including ours. We worked closely with the Southern Nevada Health District and the state epidemiology office. The outbreak was contained and we resumed normal operations at the community as quickly as we could. If you have additional feedback that you would like to share, please don't hesitate to contact us directly.

Caring78465650 January 30, 2015

Merrill Gardens was a very nice facility. It was fairly new, and the people were friendly. It had every amenity that you could possibly ask for, but it was very expensive. They had a formal dining room, a billiard room, a beauty salon, an exercise room, an outdoor garden, a swimming pool, walking path -- you name it they got it.

It was an excellent facility if you could afford to live there. It was very plush, elegant, and top of the line. There was no downside because you needed a lot of money to live there.

wask October 12, 2014

A family member lives here. It started out a nice place, but it has gone downhill. Windows have not been washed in 2 years, carpeting has not been cleaned as promised. The lock on the door does not work and after repeated requests over the past several months resorted to a broom handle. Staff is continually changing, which results in no consistency of treatment. Activities director constantly leaves and 90% of what was promised is no longer provided, yet their advertising continues to emphasis items. We are looking for another place.

Caring64423750 July 31, 2014

We went to see Merrill Gardens and we liked that. It had a nice atmosphere and we had a good tour. It was a combination of an independent and assisted living, which was under one roof. It had a nice dinner menu and the food was good. They had a big nice dining room. The staff was very good. They were very helpful. However, they hadn't any large two bedroom apartments and we needed the space. I would recommend them to others.

starpower May 09, 2014

It used to be a good facility - no longer. There is high staff turnover and several of the residents have recently left. I certainly do no recommend this Sr. residence for any of my family members.

Jan28 February 15, 2014

Mom and Dad are at Merrill Gardens and it's just absolutely wonderful. They have a great facility there. I'm very happy with it and so are they. We went through about 20 of them and this is the one we liked the best. They are the Cadillac of all other ones in Las Vegas, unbelievable. Looks like a 5-star hotel. The food is magnificent compared to what they had at the other place. They had lobster and shrimp on New Year's Day. They feed them very, very well.

They have a lot of activities. They have card clubs, they have a library, they have movies every single night. They have wine and tasting on Tuesday night so they all go to the bar and have drinks. They're close to shopping, close to restaurants, close to the freeway, next to Green Valley Ranch casino so they can go to the casino each night. I want to live there, I'm just not old enough.

Brian11 October 09, 2013

My mom chose to stay at Merrill Gardens at Green Valley Ranch. It was in a very nice area, upscale community and a nice neighborhood. She had two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a full kitchen, washer and dryer. It met all her requirements and it was lesser than the place she lived before.

Amy11 July 30, 2013

I would highly recommend Merrill Gardens. The surrounding was gorgeous. The staff was fantastic. The rooms were beautiful and the food was excellent.

Doug Olivieri October 04, 2011

My mom is a resident of Merrill Gardens. This place is really top notch. It has a library, activity and wellness center, salon, and even an ice cream parlor. The staff is great, my other raves about them. They have a lot of activities for the residents which is really important. The facility is spotless and feels like you are on vacation instead of an institution. It's a busy place, with senior citizens scooting around in wheelchairs, and a lot of nurses and volunteers. The staff is very accommodating, even allowing loved ones to stay the night. The rooms are set up like hotels. Your even allowed to bring in your pets if they make you feel better. Most rooms have a balcony and there is plenty of art around to wander around and look at. There is a nurse and doctor on standby 24 hrs a day. It is a little pricey but worth every penny.

From Merrill Gardens at Green Valley Ranch

Merrill Gardens at Green Valley Ranch is located in sunny Henderson, noted as one of America’s best walking cities by Prevention Magazine. This choice community is located in between Discovery and Paseo Verde Parks. Enjoy close proximity to the District Shopping Center and Green Valley Ranch Hotel and Casino, just a mile away. Experience trips for entertainment in Las Vegas, only 20 minutes away.

The building has a wealth of conveniences and modern features. Take advantage of a well-appointed library, activity and wellness center, salon and barbershop, lots of resident parking, complimentary Internet access, ice cream parlor, electronic security key system and a theater room with webinar capabilities.

Located in between Discovery & Paseo Verde Parks. 1 mile away from District Shopping Center & Green Valley Ranch Hotel & Casino. 20 minutes from Las Vegas. Library. Activity and wellness center. Complimentary internet access. Ice cream parlor. Theater room with webinar capabilities. Electronic security key system. Osher Lifelong Learning Institute continuing education classes (on-site). Outdoor pool. Paved walking paths & garden areas. Landscaped grounds. Parking for residents.

Features of Merrill Gardens at Green Valley Ranch