Casa Sandoval

America's Highest Rated Communities

Reviews of Casa Sandoval

Average Rating:

Anonymous111859450 October 28, 2015

Casa Sandoval was newer, but still kind of old. The people were very friendly, and their prices were really good, but it was kind of depressing. The rooms were small and not very nice. It is very popular because of their pricing but housed a lot of very old, debilitated residents. My sister is only 65 and that makes it hard for her to be in a place like this because she is so young, so the overall atmosphere seemed kind of depressing to her.

Caring104159850 March 31, 2015

They had different levels of care depending on how much care you need, and then you pay accordingly. I looked at a one-bedroom, which had a living room, a kitchenette, a walk-in shower, a wash basin, and a toilet. It had a closet in the hallway. The caretakers were nice, but Casa Sandoval was a little bit older.

Caring102056450 February 25, 2015

The staff at Casa Sandoval was helpful. The room seemed adequate but nothing special. The dining room seemed OK, but a little small. The facility is secure and safe enough.

Connie36 September 12, 2014

The services are excellent. The people are very friendly and helpful. It is a beautiful facility. I am very grateful to be living here. I love it.

Linda68649550 August 30, 2014

The staff at Casa Sandoval has been excellent. Our aunt is very difficult. She is a Greek and has communication issues. She is even very rude sometimes. Thankfully, they have been very patient and helpful with her. We have had to move up to a level of care already. She has gotten worse physically since she has been there. So far, they have been able to accomodate things. My aunt and I are not thrilled with their food though. She doesn't go to the dining room because the food is brought to her room. It is usually cold when the food gets to her. The situation is not very appealing. Other than that, everything seems to be very well managed there. The place is clean and we are very happy with them.

Caring61833750 August 29, 2014

Casa Sandoval is where I really want to get my parents in. I was impressed with the interaction among the people as well as with the care that the workers gave. I was impressed with their meal setup, too. They had a lot of activities available for seniors as well. They take them out on field trips and things like that, and there are activities going on inside the facility itself. The apartments were excellent -- very roomy. The staff was very professional. They'd take the parents out for lunch, and the food was excellent. I got the chance to meet the owner of the place, who was very cordial. I don't have any recommendations on how they can improve. Their pricing was very reasonable as well.

jeff g August 13, 2014

Casa is a blessing to me & my parents. I do not want to think of what I would have done without these great people. There is no red tape or pressure to move in here. Always something going on at the Casa. Please do not make a decision until you visit. Meet some of the folks here & you will feel it. Thanks again Casa for being there !! Jeff

Hayward64 July 30, 2014

I find the staff at Casa Sandoval to be extremely accommodating and pleasant. I have great peace of mind knowing that my mother is well taken care of and is safe. My mother chose to live at Casa Sandoval and I think she made an excellent choice!

Caring87058550 June 19, 2014

The atmosphere is very pleasant at Casa Sandoval. The food is excellent. I think the staff is overly parental with my mother, and she objects to that. When she moved in, the apartment wasn’t really ready. There were light bulbs that didn’t work, and they hadn't moved the closet pulls down lower like she requested. I wasn’t impressed with that. The person who does their marketing, I guess, told me that they would take of the long-term care insurance, but they didn’t. I think they should have told me because I could take have taken care of that in a timely manner. Her apartment is very nice and very roomy. It's nicely done. The layout is nice and the shower is great. They don’t have the television channels that have old TV programs, and I think that would have been a good thinking process on their part.

KJ2 March 27, 2014

The rooms at Casa Sandoval were large. The place felt safe, and there were a lot of safety features. It was a fairly large facility with seven floors. The more acute situations are closest to the main dining room on the first floor. But every floor has their own gathering areas. There's Hayward Creek running behind it, and you can see the ducks. It's a really nice enclosed patio area. You're safe, but you can still be close to nature.

The only drawback was how far Mom might have to walk to get to an elevator. So I would want to be on a waiting list as we get closer to the time, so that we could choose a room that is closer to an elevator. Also, if my aunt moves in with her, it's only an additional $700 to the room, which is much less than the other places that I liked.

Everybody was friendly and they knew everybody's names. They were very good about introducing people who are new there to people with like interests so that they could make friends more easily. It just seem very non-clinical and very friendly. I ate lunch there, and the food was good. They have a lot of activities.

The last thing they did was kind of "Around the World in 80 Days." People who've been to other countries shared their experiences. They have something going on all the time. They celebrate every holiday possible and decorate for everything. Nobody is tied to a wheelchair.

It smelled totally clean. They check on you, feed you, and if you don't show up for lunch or breakfast, they go figure out why. So it felt very caring, sterile, and also fun. There's a movie and a game room on each floor. I really like the roominess of the rooms. They have a complete kitchen where they could cook. There's a microwave, oven, and 2-burner stove.

JG4 February 28, 2014

My sister and I are very pleased with the care and attention of the staff here at Casa Sandoval.We love our parents and are happy they are here.

May V February 28, 2014

Casa Sandoval is such a warm, loving community. I'm so glad I decided to check out this wonderful place in the heart of the Bay Area. The many entertaining events and activities they plan are like no other. I have fell in love with this community and their friendly, accommodating staff and charismatic residents. Five stars from me!

Lucy12 January 31, 2014

I had placed my mother at Casa Sandoval and it was just an excellent facility. The facility looked very accommodating for a lot of reason. It's very clean and it looked like they had entertainment.

Pamela10 September 11, 2013

We moved my brother at Casa Sandoval sometime in April. The people that gave us the tour were absolutely wonderful and very caring. They were very informative and very kind. They gave us all information with regards to the cost and the services that are rendered there. We even came there unannounced, but they accommodated us and showed us around. The place was very clean. They had all kinds of spring decorations all over the lobby area for the people that lived there and they have a lot of activities going on and they also have entertainment. The apartments are nice. The food is absolutely restaurant-quality food. The dining halls have table cloths with cloth napkins. I think it's very reasonably priced at $3800 a month for somebody that gives all of his medications and check on him every two hours round the clock. They do all of his laundry. I have elderly parents and definitely that's where they will go when the times comes without question.

Rumble July 24, 2013

For the last 30 years we have lived in Virginia. During this period we encouraged our now 100 year old mother to leave California to be closer to our family. She spent a few months in Virginia and decided she wanted to return to California—her home. In early 2008 at age 95 she concluded that living in her house was too difficult and it was time to move, but to remain in California. We agreed and researched/visited several living facilities in the Bay Area. At the time the collective conclusion was that Casa Sandoval offered a family oriented environment to include individual personal care, a wide variety of social activities, and superb living conditions. Our mother moved to Casa Sandoval in March 2008. Her independent living apartment was well equipped, quiet, and had a view of the stream and trees that she particularly enjoyed. The physical move and new environment was a definite change after living more than 50 years in her ‘own’ house. The Casa staff appreciated the situation and made sure she felt at home. After a one week adjustment period our mother told us she was happy, enjoyed being ‘taken care of’ and did not want to return to her house. Obviously we too were happy and somewhat surprised that the transition to Casa living was so short—definitely a credit to the Casa staff and their compassion. In early 2012 the Casa staff contacted us concerning our mother’s physical condition. Although she was mentally sound, they observed that her physical ability had recently deteriorated to the point of it being difficult for her to participate in social activities. Shortly thereafter we visited our mother. Typically we visit Casa 2-3 times a year and since our September 2011 visit it was clear the Casa staff was correct. A decision had to be made; do we move our mother to another facility or elect to remain at Casa? Our mother wanted to remain, but we wanted to explore the options. After due diligence, we determined that Casa was the best decision. During the course of the decision making process we met with both the owner (Wai) and the Executive Director (Ann) . They were both very knowledgeable about our mother’s current condition and relayed their concerns regarding her well-being and quality of life. We asked if we could independently talk with the Casa staff and spend some time in the assisted living facility—they encouraged us to do so. Our mother is currently an assisted living resident. Since the move to the new location, her spirits and general health have improved and she is once again able to enjoy many of Casa’s social and educational activities. When it is time for us to leave our home, we look forward to being Casa residents. Besides the weather in the Bay Area is much better than Virginia!

Mariellen January 30, 2013

Casa Sandoval has a warm and caring environment. My dad has lived here for a number of years and he is very happy with the staff and facilities. Plus the food is excellent!

Emily M. May 10, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My papa stayed here for several months before he required a different type of care. When I came to visit I thought the facility was beautiful, very clean and classy. It reminded me of a fancy hotel. The staff was friendly, and effective and they seemed to have everything under control. The room my papa lived in was a very good size, and clean with plush new carpet. They also offered great meals and many activities. I was very impressed with this place! I know my family and I felt comforted knowing our papa was staying at such a lovely facility.

Fran8302 May 10, 2011

Visited this facility

In the process of researching a suitable assisted living facility for my grandmother, I came across Casa Sandoval, and decided to take a tour. I wanted to choose a place that was close to where I live. When I first walked in, the staff was very friendly and happy to show me around. I was impressed with all the amenities that they offer, as well as beautiful views of the Hayward Japanese Gardens and nearby creek where ducks are often swimming. Casa Sandoval provides reading areas, a billiards room, a theater room, dining area, an ice cream parlor, and a small exercise room for their residents. I like that they are really focused on encouraging seniors to be more active in the community by hosting various activities, including day trips to museums and restaurants, volunteering, Bible study, which I know my grandma would love, and other events. Apartments come with microwaves, refrigerators, and built-in intercom systems. They seem to have a good security system, with on-call dedicated staff and security cameras in the hallways for 24/7 monitoring. I felt that my grandma would be safe, happy, well taken care of here. I will definitely consider Casa Sandoval as my grandmother's new home.

From Casa Sandoval

Casa Sandoval is an assisted living community located in Hayward, Calif., a city of about 150,000 residents in the San Francisco Bay Area. Casa Sandoval has been serving residents since 1995 and has been recognized with a "Best of the Bay" award by local news station KRON4.

FACILITIES AND AMENITIES

Casa Sandoval is home to more than 200 studios, one- and two-bedroom apartments in a five-story building with views of nearby De Anza Park. Every unit features wall-to-wall carpeting, kitchenettes, private bathrooms, satellite television, weekly housekeeping and laundry services, and medical alert systems.

In addition to comfortable apartments, Casa Sandoval offers restaurant-style dining, a fully furnished community game room, a large library with free computer and Internet access, private parking and a theater room. Residents also have access to a billiards lounge, an old-fashioned ice cream parlor and gated, landscaped outdoor grounds.

HEALTHCARE

Casa Sandoval offers round-the-clock assisted living services. Nurses are available 24 hours a day to help residents with daily living activities such as bathing, dressing and managing medication. The staff also works closely with residents and their families to arrange for the right level of care, based on individual needs. There are five levels of care available at Casa Sandoval, each designed to provide residents with the support and services they need to stay active and independent for as long as possible.

Residents who need acute medical services or specialty care for health-related issues often visit one of the many hospitals in the region. Saint Rose Hospital, which is only a short drive from Casa Sandoval, is highly rated by U.S. News & World Report and specializes in emergency cardiac care, cancer care and women's services. Several other hospitals and clinics are located nearby, including Sutter Health Eden Medical Center, Fairmont Hospital and Kaiser Permanente Hospital. The staff and nurses at Casa Sandoval help find the right care at the right price for residents and transport them to doctor’s appointments via the facility's shuttle service.

HEALTH PROGRAMS

Casa Sandoval prides itself in helping residents stay healthy through programs and activities to engage their bodies and minds. Residents may choose to participate in one of the community’s fitness and exercise programs that include walking through De Anza Park, healthy and balanced meals prepared by an on-site chef, and social events that provide opportunities to learn new skills, engage in lively discussions and remain mentally engaged in current events.

ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS

Casa Sandoval staff promote an active lifestyle for the community’s residents and their guests. The facility's location in the heart of the Bay Area makes it convenient for able-bodied residents who enjoy getting outdoors.

Residents frequently take the facility's shuttle service or drive their personal vehicles to explore attractions in Hayward and other nearby cities. Hayward is home to an array of dining, shopping and entertainment options, including the Southland Mall and the Japanese Gardens, a recreational area located just a short walk from Casa Sandoval.

Residents who prefer to stay closer to home always have on-site activity and event options, including arts and craft programs, social hours, card and billiard tournaments, talent shows, and visits to the community from local artists, musicians and performers.

Features of Casa Sandoval