The Quadrangle

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of The Quadrangle

November 01, 2016

By visitor013807

The Quadrangle looked very nice, and they had a very nice dining room. They had very nice looking rooms. They had a little kitchenette, a mini refrigerator, a microwave oven, and a sink in each room. The staff was very helpful.

May 11, 2016

By Visitor Son

We’ve made a decision and signed at The Quadrangle because it offered the widest range of activities, the rooms were spacious, the staff appeared to be very nice, and the food was very good. It’s well maintained and very close to where we currently live, so we will maintain our contacts with our physicians and local nurses.

December 26, 2015

By Andrea30

I like The Quadrangle. They have lots of activities, and it was big, and it had very nice grounds were you can walk. The staff was terrific. All the people that we met were very helpful and very good.

November 22, 2015

The Quadrangle has a good reputation, but it has been bought by a for-profit. It simply is not as good as it once was. They have a nice pond and many residents that are intellectual, but I don't think they have enough staff to keep the place up because it is for profit.

September 30, 2015

The Quadrangle was excellent. We would have loved to move my mom into that facility, but I think for us the put off was big. There need to be a huge a down payment advanced, prior to her being able to move in, which would have required her to sell her home first and that wasn’t possible. The facility was extremely clean. The staff was incredibly knowledgeable and they knew their residents on a first name basis. The facility was unique in that the place was almost like a complete condominium itself and it to be modified individually to that person’s liking. They also have lots of activities and I like the fact that the residents are the ones who determine what activities are going to be held or not held or even decisions like what kind of food is going to be serve in the dining hall, which was a restaurant style dining. Very different way of organizing senior living, because it was all organized by the seniors living there, so they have a sense of control and autonomy. They served us with the dessert which was delicious.

May 05, 2015

We went to visit The Quadrangle, and the place seemed too big for us, but the people were nice. It was just overwhelming for us, and I don’t think that would be good for my husband. We saw the rooms, and it was very nice. I feel that the staff was very well informed.

September 30, 2012

By dskip2008

Very poor facility. Witnessed incompetence, dirty conditions, mouse droppings and few activities for patients. Poor food. Overpriced facility . Incompetent staff.

July 11, 2012

By elisabeth1106

The staff was very friendly, the place was very clean and the facility was large. The rooms were nice and it wasn't too incredibly expensive. What intrigued me most was the amount of activities they provided. Once while I was visiting, a local high school's choir came and performed a concert. The concert was broadcasted on the televisions in each room, so even if a resident was unable to leave their room without assistance, they could enjoy the wonderful music. The choir was very good and stayed to talk with the residents. There was food provided and it was like a little party. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I know the residents did too. I also liked the rooms, they were spacious, very clean and quite comfortable. It was a little pricey compared to some other facilities, but well worth the price. The staff was attentive and friendly; we never felt as though we had to worry about their honesty or work ethic.

June 29, 2012

By eeees134

This facility seemed very nice. The residents were happy and the staff seemed to enjoy working there. It felt more homey than I expected and was very clean. The residents seemed to have a lot of things to do and the food seemed pretty good! The amenities were nice. This facility is in a very nice area as well and the residents had a lot of access to the community through shuttle services.

July 31, 2011

By Participant

The Quadrangle is an assisted living facility that has a lot to offer those looking for a stable place to live with some assistance. There are plenty of residents and neighbors to interact with as well as activities to keep you occupied during the day. There are also opportunities to go on trips to different places in the area. The Quadrangle has many different options of living ranging from apartments to rooms in the main buildings. All buildings are safe and secure and offer assistance 24 hours a day. Active members of the community will find plenty to do, including playing tennis on the courts located directly on the property. There is also a fitness center, pool, and a craft room. The Quadrangle is a great place for any retiree looking for quality living in a great location. They are very accommodating and have plenty of activities to keep residents satisfied.

June 24, 2011

By four

My Grandfather lives in the Quadrangle. I typically visit him once a week and spend about 2-3 hours there, so I have a good feel for the place. The rooms are average size and very comparable to a college dorm room. There are personal bathrooms in each room, which is certainly a plus. All furniture is ours so nothing is provided by the Quadrangle. The campus is large and houses several different units. The on my grandfather is in, as a dining room, community tv room, and a library. The dining room is nice with round tables that fit 10 people per table. The food in my opinion is not the greatest, but it may be because alot of the food is watered down or made softer for the older population residing there. The library is small but is suitable. The staff that I have seen have always been very nice and polite. They are very attentive and seem very sincere about helping older folks. Overall I am very impressed and happy with the care and quality of the Quadrangle.

June 10, 2011

By elemide

Other

Had learned about the place from a colleague who'd worked there. Given my experience, I wasn't at all disappointed. From the very serene surroundings to the very courteous staff members and relaxed residents, it does rank high among the many similar centers I been to.

Photos of The Quadrangle

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt
  • Renal

About The Quadrangle

Just minutes from downtown Philadelphia, The Quadrangle is nestled on 74 rolling, wooded acres on Philadelphia's Main Line. We pride ourselves in our identity as a full-service life care community fostering the life of the mind.

Sunrise Independent Living is for seniors who want to maintain their rich and rewarding life without the responsibilities of running a household. Here, you're given independence and options. We offer a choice of apartment floor plans, restaurant-style dining, housekeeping services, exercise and wellness programs, and much more. It's ideal if you're an active senior who wants to focus on the things you enjoy most in life, but yet have assistance available should you need it.

Map of The Quadrangle