The Quadrangle

3300 Darby Road, Haverford, PA, 19041

Reviews of The Quadrangle

Caring112450050 September 30, 2015

The Quadrangle was excellent. We would have loved to move my mom into that facility, but I think for us the put off was big. There need to be a huge a down payment advanced, prior to her being able to move in, which would have required her to sell her home first and that wasn’t possible. The facility was extremely clean. The staff was incredibly knowledgeable and they knew their residents on a first name basis. The facility was unique in that the place was almost like a complete condominium itself and it to be modified individually to that person’s liking.

They also have lots of activities and I like the fact that the residents are the ones who determine what activities are going to be held or not held or even decisions like what kind of food is going to be serve in the dining hall, which was a restaurant style dining. Very different way of organizing senior living, because it was all organized by the seniors living there, so they have a sense of control and autonomy. They served us with the dessert which was delicious.

Caring105487050 May 05, 2015

We went to visit The Quadrangle, and the place seemed too big for us, but the people were nice. It was just overwhelming for us, and I don’t think that would be good for my husband. We saw the rooms, and it was very nice. I feel that the staff was very well informed.

dskip2008 September 30, 2012

Very poor facility. Witnessed incompetence, dirty conditions, mouse droppings and few activities for patients. Poor food. Overpriced facility . Incompetent staff.

elisabeth1106 July 11, 2012

The staff was very friendly, the place was very clean and the facility was large. The rooms were nice and it wasn't too incredibly expensive. What intrigued me most was the amount of activities they provided. Once while I was visiting, a local high school's choir came and performed a concert. The concert was broadcasted on the televisions in each room, so even if a resident was unable to leave their room without assistance, they could enjoy the wonderful music. The choir was very good and stayed to talk with the residents. There was food provided and it was like a little party. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I know the residents did too. I also liked the rooms, they were spacious, very clean and quite comfortable. It was a little pricey compared to some other facilities, but well worth the price. The staff was attentive and friendly; we never felt as though we had to worry about their honesty or work ethic.

eeees134 June 29, 2012

This facility seemed very nice. The residents were happy and the staff seemed to enjoy working there. It felt more homey than I expected and was very clean. The residents seemed to have a lot of things to do and the food seemed pretty good! The amenities were nice. This facility is in a very nice area as well and the residents had a lot of access to the community through shuttle services.

Participant July 31, 2011

The Quadrangle is an assisted living facility that has a lot to offer those looking for a stable place to live with some assistance. There are plenty of residents and neighbors to interact with as well as activities to keep you occupied during the day. There are also opportunities to go on trips to different places in the area. The Quadrangle has many different options of living ranging from apartments to rooms in the main buildings. All buildings are safe and secure and offer assistance 24 hours a day. Active members of the community will find plenty to do, including playing tennis on the courts located directly on the property. There is also a fitness center, pool, and a craft room. The Quadrangle is a great place for any retiree looking for quality living in a great location. They are very accommodating and have plenty of activities to keep residents satisfied.

four June 24, 2011

My Grandfather lives in the Quadrangle. I typically visit him once a week and spend about 2-3 hours there, so I have a good feel for the place. The rooms are average size and very comparable to a college dorm room. There are personal bathrooms in each room, which is certainly a plus. All furniture is ours so nothing is provided by the Quadrangle. The campus is large and houses several different units. The on my grandfather is in, as a dining room, community tv room, and a library. The dining room is nice with round tables that fit 10 people per table. The food in my opinion is not the greatest, but it may be because alot of the food is watered down or made softer for the older population residing there. The library is small but is suitable.

The staff that I have seen have always been very nice and polite. They are very attentive and seem very sincere about helping older folks. Overall I am very impressed and happy with the care and quality of the Quadrangle.

elemide June 10, 2011

Had learned about the place from a colleague who'd worked there. Given my experience, I wasn't at all disappointed. From the very serene surroundings to the very courteous staff members and relaxed residents, it does rank high among the many similar centers I been to.

From The Quadrangle

Just minutes from downtown Philadelphia, The Quadrangle is nestled on 74 rolling, wooded acres on Philadelphia's Main Line. We pride ourselves in our identity as a full-service life care community fostering the life of the mind.

Sunrise Independent Living is for seniors who want to maintain their rich and rewarding life without the responsibilities of running a household. Here, you're given independence and options. We offer a choice of apartment floor plans, restaurant-style dining, housekeeping services, exercise and wellness programs, and much more. It's ideal if you're an active senior who wants to focus on the things you enjoy most in life, but yet have assistance available should you need it.

Features of The Quadrangle

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt
  • Renal

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pharmacy